Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+7
Jenado
Stigma
Khalrez
Dragon
Otolith
Peanut
hsalive
11 posters

Guild types: Here's Lookin at you Brakk

hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146240
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Empty Guild types: Here's Lookin at you Brakk

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 6:07 am

Not sure this info was posted anywhere outside of hammerfist so i'm creating it from hand. Before, during and after a guild is created you are allowed to chose its type (at least during the beta, who knows whether we can change guild types during the real game). Well it looked like you could change but apparently not.

The one i picked for the rubberfist clan guild was the Harem and someone did notice that we had a brothel location for our city, whether this is true of all types or not, i am unsure.

there are a few different types and the selection affects how the guild government works.

my game apparently refuses to run while windowed post update so this could take a while.

Also there was always one class that could Invite/Kick, Promote/Demote, Change the message of the day and our vulnerability window, so i will call them Officer.

The guild leader of course had everything, and if a class has nothing beside it, that means that it can do nothing.

Cimmerian
    Chieftain: Leader
    War Chief: Officer
    Elder
    Kinsman
    Comrade

Acheron
    Chaols Lord: Leader
    Deathbringer Envoy: has all the rights as leader
    Infernal Adept : Officer
    Ritualist Acolyte
    Sacrificer Apprentice
    Blood Initiate

stygian
    emissary of set: Leader
    disciple of set: Officer
    serpent devotee
    initiate

aquilonian
    potentate: Leader
    ambassador: Officer
    patrician invite kick demote promote
    stateman
    partisan
    citizen

nemedian
    lord: Leader
    commandant: Officer
    knight: invite kick demote prmote change message
    squire
    vassal
    aspirant

hyborian milita
    strategos: Leader
    taxiarchos: Officer
    hyparchos invite kick demote promote
    phalanx
    chiliostys
    conscript

harem
    madam: Leader
    courtesan: officer
    concubine
    harlot
    trollop

sorry its so messy, i'm short on time, i'll try to format it as i go
    Peanut
    Peanut
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 217

Hammerfist games : Ret. LOTRO
    Exerience Points : 147025
    Registration date : 2008-03-22

Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Empty Re: Guild types: Here's Lookin at you Brakk

Post by Peanut Sun May 11, 2008 6:33 am

i like the nemedian setup
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Empty Re: Guild types: Here's Lookin at you Brakk

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 am

gahh of course this would be already posted

https://hammerfistclan.darkbb.com/player-cities-battle-keeps-f19/government-type-for-the-guild-t188.htm

just merger the 2 if you want or w/e Smile
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145837
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Sun May 11, 2008 1:48 pm

are there any bonuses affecting the type of guild and the location. stygians and the swamp, whatever type lives in the mountains, etc...

are there differences in the guild types besides name and structure?
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 145878
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Dragon Sun May 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I made a guild in beta to check it out and it just looks like a naming scheme for the leader/officers/members.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145903
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Sun May 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I like the Aquilonian, Nemidian, and Hyborian Milita setups. For the love of decency though, please steer clear of Harem lol. I want people to take us seriously.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146296
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Sun May 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Doesn't our clan sort of lend itself to the Cimmerian structure? Although I personally prefer other choices, the titles with barbarian-sounding references really seem the most appropriate. I mean, would a "clan" have ranks like "Knight"? Might make sense if we were the "Hammerfist Guild" or "Hammerfist Brotherhood", but as a "clan" it really seems like titles such as War Chief and Kinsman suit us perfectly.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 2:05 pm

well i will point out that the Acheron has the most versatile options in that it allows "co leaders" but that may not be a good thing

personally i think

Potentate Brakk or Madame Brakk both have nice rings to it Smile
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145903
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Sun May 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Dao Jones wrote:Doesn't our clan sort of lend itself to the Cimmerian structure? Although I personally prefer other choices, the titles with barbarian-sounding references really seem the most appropriate. I mean, would a "clan" have ranks like "Knight"? Might make sense if we were the "Hammerfist Guild" or "Hammerfist Brotherhood", but as a "clan" it really seems like titles such as War Chief and Kinsman suit us perfectly.

Good points. And I skipped right over the Cimmerians when I looked at them. Not a bad setup there either. Of course it'll be up to Brakk but I imagine this might get brought to a vote.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Sun May 11, 2008 2:36 pm

The one thing I like about the Cimmerian structure is that it's simple. Honestly, do we really need a lot of ranks? A guild with a complicated rank structure only really lends itself to creating disparity in the ranks. "Well, I'm a level 2 Grunt, and you're a level 1 Grunt, so I outrank you." That's just e-peen waving silliness. In my entirely not humble opinion, we need basically four ranks:

1. "The Boss". That is Brakk.
    2. "Officer". That is everyone that needs some sort of leadership position for the purposes of inviting new recruits or carrying out whatever in-game functions might require a leader.
    3. "Everyone Else". That's the rest of us. Why try to be better than your clansmates, eh?
    4. "New Guy". People we've just invited, but aren't ready to make full members yet. This rank could have limited access to whatever community resources the game gives us.

What else do we need? We're not kids here; I don't think anyone really looks forward to silly, byzantine ranking structures. Hell - 1/3rd to 1/2 of our clan is or was in the military at some point. Do you guys really want to jostle for ranks here, too?

The Archeron, Stygian and Harem structures have names that I really don't think are appropriate for our guild. I'm not eager to have my Aquilonians be called "Disciples of Set" (or whatever), and while I would personally TOTALLY make a guild with the harem structure, I realize it's not what we're shopping for. (And don't get me started on having demonic-sounding titles. Let me just put on some Joy Division and start cutting my arms now.)

Granted, the Cimmerian structure has five ranks. The "Elder" rank could simply be a title given to anyone that has been with the clan for X amount of time. It wouldn't even require special privileges. Heck - we could probably just disable it altogether if necessary.
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146331
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sun May 11, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm with Dao on this. The Cimmerian rank names sound most appropriate, and 5 rank types is plenty.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148304
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Left_bar_bleue600/1200Guild types:  Here's Lookin at you Brakk Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Cimmerian Thumbs Up
    rock8104
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 68
    Exerience Points : 145875
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by rock8104 Sun May 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Looks good to me
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Brakkish wrote:Cimmerian Thumbs Up
    You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
    PDOA
    PDOA
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Exerience Points : 145778
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by PDOA Mon May 12, 2008 9:21 pm

phalanx...hmmm
    Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 145800
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Rhuu Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Brakkish wrote:Cimmerian Thumbs Up

Rgr that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 am