Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+15
Darwa
Streppoch
Cauldron
Brakkish
Heztac
Otolith
kebe
Dragon
Jenado
PDOA
Rhodar
Stigma
Taltos
Kawaci
hsalive
19 posters

Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED]

Olderbud

Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Empty Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED]

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 5:19 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A)I cant' read.... Smile .Yeah,i"ve read them and i even understand them Laughing

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A)Physically i'm 38.But mentally,that's another problem...

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A)To be honest:No.I read the rejected forms though,to try to avoid most of the mistakes.

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A)No friends YET Embarassed .But i hope i can call this guild my friends in the future.

Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A)In game name:No idea yet?I always find that the hardest part in a game,to come up with a decent,outstanding name.Forum name will be the same one as on the Aoc forums.

Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A)Last time i checked i was still male

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A)Belgium...And yes,this is a country lol.

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A)BenjaminGray pointed me in this direction

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)No

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)No.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A)I have a pretty good sense of humor,but i'm not a stand-up comedian.Atleast i admit that,other people think they are stand-ups,but are as boring as can be.Nobody can act like ACHMED Very Happy

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A)Wow,but who hasn't played that one?Also trails from:EQ2,LOTRO,EVE Online and beta tested The Chronicles of Spellborn.And applied as beta-tester for the upcoming Stargate MMO

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A)The fact that most members of this guild are CASUAL players like me.Due to kids,family and job i can't play days in a row and most guilds ask to be hardcore players.Sorry,but that's something i'm not

Q) What aspects of Age of Conan excite you the most or worry you? Why?
    A)PVP...I can't stand being constantly attacked by people who are 30 levels above me Sad .The other things excite me more,like bar brawls,the more mature ways in the game etc...

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A)Olderbudweiser?People who know the punk/hardcore band GangGreen will know where this username comes from

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
    A)Allthough i am mature enough to have kids,a job and a girlfriend.I'm still immature enough to enjoy metal;horrormovies and games.And in music and movies even the older stuff(80's).I'm pretty shy IRL,but praise the lord that doesn't show when i'm in a game Cool or chatting.Hell,i even met my girlfriend in a chat room and we are still together after 6 years,lol

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A)No problem,i will be a regular visitor here,even if i don't get accepted at this guild cheers

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A)Maybe they will come to me later on,my hangover is blocking the way between my brains and my hands lol.one question though:Are you a PVP or a PVE guild?That doesn't seem to be noticed from your mainpage?And you start at a European or Us server?
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Empty Re: Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED]

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 5:24 am

nice app, some may want to hear more from you but gl Smile
    Olderbud

Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Empty Re: Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED]

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 5:42 am

No problem Smile .it's just that this is the first time ever i filled in such form.I didn't even had to do such when applying for a job Wink
    OlderBud

Post by OlderBud Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 am

It seems though that my nickname is too long to show up?So maybe,i register under avenger later on.
    Kawaci
    Kawaci
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 65
    Exerience Points : 145925
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Kawaci Sun May 11, 2008 6:20 am

As Evilash stated. Who are you away from the keyboard?

Nice app and good luck. cheers
    Olderbud

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 6:33 am

I just registered at this forums,but as avenger.Now waiting the yes/no from the admins here Smile .
    Who i am away from keyboard...Mostly the same as i am NOT away from keyboard.I learned quickly enough that people like you more if you act like you really are,instead of making up a whole charade.Like already told.I'm 38,have 2 kids(one girl->11 years and 1 son->2,5 years old,and hope he will take over my toons in AoC when he's old enough lol).Met my girlfriend in a chatroom 6 years ago,fell in love,and we are still together,in good and in bad days.My job is Quality Inspector for Body-in-white components for Volvo(XC 60,V50,C30 and the V70).Doing the graveyard shift now,but have to go back in 2 shifts for 6 weeks to receive training for 3D measuring.These are the most important things that come to mind right now lol

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2008 7:22 am

We are PvE. I believe in order to play on the US servers you must own a US version of AoC. Is that what you plan on doing?
    olderbud

Post by olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 am

I thought according to the website it was Us/Eu servers you play on?I have a Collector's edition pre-ordered,but sadly enough i think it's european version?
    Taltos
    Taltos
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 257

Exerience Points : 146515
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Taltos Sun May 11, 2008 8:11 am

Thumbs Up
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146396
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 am

Olderbud wrote:Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A)To be honest:No.I read the rejected forms though,to try to avoid most of the mistakes.
    I like the honesty of this reply.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A)Wow,but who hasn't played that one?
    Some of us are smarter than the rest of you, and steered clear of that game from day 1. Very Happy

Are you a PVP or a PVE guild?That doesn't seem to be noticed from your mainpage?And you start at a European or Us server?
    We are a PvE guild, but I think the assumption is that we'll see our share of endgame PvP. We are, however, a strictly US servers guild at this time, so that's going to be an obvious problem for you here. I'm not sure we have anyone on the EU servers currently.

I like your app; you get the Thumbs Up from me. But I think you may end up being our overseas ambassador. Smile
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146057
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 10:42 am

olderbud wrote:I thought according to the website it was Us/Eu servers you play on?I have a Collector's edition pre-ordered,but sadly enough i think it's european version?

I'm pretty sure it says something to the effect that we are a US PvE Guild...

But for sure, we are going on a US PvE server, and you need the US version of the game to get in with us... If you don't open the game you already bought, perhaps you can return for refund? That is, should you be accepted and want to play on a US server.

At this point, I know that we have 2 British, and 1 South African in the Guild, so you'll have a few people to hang out with; not to mention the rest of us who think sleep is over rated...

You have my vote yes, but unless you get the US version, you won't be in-game with us Crying or Very sad

Cheers, and good luck!
    PDOA
    PDOA
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Exerience Points : 145878
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by PDOA Sun May 11, 2008 10:52 am

Hopefully you can join the guild and play. A good app. and would be a good addition imo. GL Very Happy
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146431
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sun May 11, 2008 11:35 am

You Belgians make good beer. Very Happy

But seriously, as long as you don't have a problem with the fact that we'll be on a US server, you've got my vote.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 145978
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Dragon Sun May 11, 2008 11:37 am

Sleep is overrated. You have my vote. Thumbs Up
    Olderbud

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Well,too bad most of you guys are on a US server.I like the name someone mentioned in his reply:that i could be an overseas ambassador for the guild Banana Finger .

I feel already welcome here...

The fact is:I ordered my CE edition just around the corner(figure of speech)and i'm not sure they can order US versions of the game.I admit:Being 38 i still haven't a credit-card,lol
    Olderbud

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Perhaps i need to bribe people around here for a US code with a barrel of the best Belgian beer,lol... bounce lol!
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146431
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 pm

deal. but only if it's westvleteren. we can't get that in the states, and i've never tried it. Very Happy
    Olderbud

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Westvleteren?No problem,lol.Just drank some beers of that 2 days ago:D
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146396

Post by Stigma Sun May 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Jenado wrote:deal. but only if it's westvleteren. we can't get that in the states, and i've never tried it. Very Happy
    Hey! I'd be happy with a good Chimay, too. You can get that, but it isn't easy.
    Olderbud

Post by Olderbud Sun May 11, 2008 2:08 pm

That reminds me,not too far from my hometown is a bar with 500 different beers.Perhaps a great place to organise our first guild-meeting? lol!
    kebe
    kebe
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Exerience Points : 146403

Post by kebe Sun May 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145937
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Sun May 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Thumbs Up
    Heztac
    Heztac
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 594
    Hammerfist games : AoC - Ret.
    Exerience Points : 147093
    Registration date : 2008-03-24

Post by Heztac Sun May 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Nice app and follow ups. Good luck.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Olderbud - Application... [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Sun May 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Are you a PVP or a PVE guild?That doesn't seem to be noticed from your mainpage?And you start at a European or Us server?

This may help answer some questions: https://hammerfistclan.darkbb.com/adventurers-join-application-f6/about-us-t21.htm
    Cauldron
    Cauldron
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 114

Exerience Points : 145931
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Cauldron Mon May 12, 2008 12:46 am

Hey Olderbud, great application. I noticed your punk/hardcore namedrop. I'm not so much into the hardcore but right now I am into The Distillers, Tsunami Bomb and a local band The Moxies. Also, I have never played WoW, but my cousin does and he gets thrill after thrill outa it. I refuse to play it as a rule.

Also, wasn't Tyler Durgin a quality inspector for cars? I mean that is your job too, if I am not mistaken. Do you fall alseep and wake up in strange places with no idea how you got there?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 am