Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+5
Khalrez
Rastas
rock8104
Streppoch
Stigma
9 posters

FredMark's Application [APPROVED]

Fred_Mar

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty FredMark's Application [APPROVED]

Post by Fred_Mar Wed May 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A)
    Yes
    Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A)
    Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A)
    two
    Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A)
    No
    Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A)
    In Forum – FredMark. In Game all my characters start from letters “FRED”, such as Fredu, for example.
    Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A)
    Male
    Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A)
    Phoenix, AZ
    Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A)
    AOC guildboard
    Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)
    No
    Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)
    No
    Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A)
    Trailing behind a meat wagon
    Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A)
    Started from M59 played over a dozen, last being WoW and LOTRO.
    Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A)
    Several reasons: US PvE server, community orientation, casual style and “
    We value friendship over loot and hoarding”.

Q) What aspects of Age of Conan excite you the most or worry you? Why?
    A)
    I was skeptical before the beta, but I enjoyed every class to 13 lvl (except maybe dark templar). I like the game, its quest and combat systems.

Most worry me is end of game content (it destroyed LOTRO). I also like RvR PVP that is not in this game.
    Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A)
    FredMark, but I am not posting much.
    Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
    A)
    Probably it is important to mention that I play in “bursts”, due to a nature of my business. One week I can play 90 hours and another 5 hours if at all.

I also enjoy “duo” play and typically find a partner that we create 2 alts that exclusively designed to play together.
    Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A)

Yes. I would like to know which server Hammerfest Clan is starting on 17th.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146371
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty Re: FredMark's Application [APPROVED]

Post by Stigma Wed May 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Christmas-themed post colors aside, your app is thin like a hobo's sock heel. Try reading our sample apps, or any of the stickied threads at the top of the guest forum. We generally like to get a sense of your personality from the app process, but all I'm picking up off your app is "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto". And I don't really mean that in a good way.
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146171
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Wed May 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Honestly? It may sound nitpicky, but I had a difficult time reading your app with the font and colour choices.
    rock8104
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 68
    Exerience Points : 145950
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by rock8104 Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 pm

I think a littl emore added to the app would improve it greatly
    Fred_Mar

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty follow-up

Post by Fred_Mar Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I answered questions provided in, what I believe, concise and effective manner.

There are many things I can tell about myself, but it is always best to know a person based on actions, not words.

But, if you insist:

I was born in Nigniy Tagil, Russian Federation July 17 1966.
    Graduated Masters of engineering (or equivalent) from Ural's State Technical University in 1988.
    I was a first lieutenant of tank forces of USSR
    I am married and have a daughter 15yo, who plays TF2 with her friends as we speak. She played EQ1 when she was 6.
    My business is IT consulting; I am a principal architect/ technical project manager in charge of high volumetric projects in Data Warehousing, Data Integration and Master Data management.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Wed May 07, 2008 9:54 pm

See? That's awesome! You're Russian, you drove tanks, and your 15 year old daughter is probably the person that keeps kicking my ass in TF2. Had you mentioned this up front, your sparsity of words would have been attributed to grim Russian stoicism.

Now I'm more favorably inclined toward your app. I won't, however, call you Comrade, because then you would have every right to kill me, and it wouldn't even get you a misdemeanor fine in most of the US.

What's your opinion (if you have one) on Medvedev's ascendency to the Presidency? I've been wanting to ask someone from Russia, but the closest person I know was born in Romania, so he really doesn't care. Smile
    rock8104
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 68
    Exerience Points : 145950

Post by rock8104 Wed May 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Thats very interesting How long were u in ther military and did u see any combat?
    Rastas
    Rastas
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 155
    Exerience Points : 146125
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

Post by Rastas Wed May 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Love the app, but being a Bayern Munich fan...well go ahead start picking at me...FYI, I am routing for Zenit against Rangers, but it will be tough in England as it is basically a home game for Rangers
    Fred_mar

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty Medvedev & Co

Post by Fred_mar Wed May 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Well, to be honest, I am too far from Russian business these days.

However, over the years I reviewed my views and currently starting to believe that democracy is like AK-47. It is an inacsurate and reliable weapon, but you do not want to give it to 5 yo.

My dad has been a very passionate dissident during communist times and he still lives there.
    Now he believes it is not that simple, and I incline to listen to him. Main point is that population is not prepared for our (US style) democracy just yet.

I do believe that Putin and Medvedev are actually good for Federation as far they bringing some structure and order (although sacrificing some liberties). Over time, in generation or two, democracy will take its natural course there.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145978
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Sounds like you've had an interesting life. It's a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you and I hope we'll be seeing more of you in the future mate.

Good luck with your application!

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Nice application.
    Fred_mar

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty Answering military question

Post by Fred_mar Wed May 07, 2008 10:14 pm

Technically, I served in military 2 year term as per conscription law.
    In practical terms, I served one day a week over five years + 2 month military training camp in university, and 3 month reserve call at the time of afghan war (but not as part of contingent) as a "rota" commander- it is between a platoon and a company, 10 tanks - 3 units of three tanks plus mine.

At the time of immigration to US my military classification was something like "deputy battalion commander - material part and logistics".

I have not seen any combat myself, nor did I ever want to.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Wed May 07, 2008 10:17 pm

People, seriously - you all KNOW you wanna hear him on Vent. Admit it. It's okay. If he talks like he types I'm going to ask him to record books on DVD for me to listen to on long flights. "It was best of times, it was worst of times..."

Plus, he's definitely making the effort. He even responded to my snide initial post. He gets the Dao Seal of Approval: Thumbs Up
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Khalrez Wed May 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Fred_mar wrote:
    I have not seen and combat myself, nor did I ever want to.

Aye. There's an old saying that goes something like "War is glamerous to those who have never experienced it." It's good that you stood ready to defend your nation, but I'm glad for your sake you never had to see combat.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148379
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Wed May 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Dao Jones wrote:People, seriously - you all KNOW you wanna hear him on Vent. Admit it. It's okay.
    If you make me spit out one more drink in a burst of laughter....

I'm getting "Dao shy", I'm almost afraid to read your posts if I'm eating or drinking anything.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Brakkish wrote:If you make me spit out one more drink in a burst of laughter....

I'm getting "Dao shy", I'm almost afraid to read your posts if I'm eating or drinking anything.
    If there's two things Dao can't stand in a woman, it's fear, and spitting.

Not that you're a woman; I really just wanted to make a joke about women and spitting.

...now I feel kinda dirty.
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146171
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Thu May 08, 2008 12:20 am

Russian accents are sexy. Maybe it's because I'm half-Polish, but I've always thought so.

British and Scottish ones, too. Meow.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146032

Post by Rhodar Thu May 08, 2008 12:33 am

The green hurt my eyes, but it was unique...

Based on you monitoring the forum, and your frankness in answering our questions, and most especially for your statement “However, over
    the years I reviewed my views and currently starting to believe that democracy is like AK-47. It is an inacsurate and reliable weapon, but you do not want to give it to 5 yo.”, you have my vote!

The Middle East is experiencing the same problems; for millennia they have been under tyranny, and are not yet ready for our democracy. Once a balance is found, things will get much better. But I digress…

Cheers, and good luck with the application!

PS I was onboard a submarine (USS classified) at (classified) location while we were having fun tracking (classified). Those were the good old days... I was (as was all the other submariners I know) extremely upset when Russia refused our help on the Kursk. We consider ourselves to be akin to all submariners (up until we're shooting, or being shot at, which hasn't happened in ages), so that was a very sad day for us as well.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148379
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 08, 2008 12:32 pm

Approved Applicant
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146032

Post by Rhodar Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Welcome to the Family!

Cheers!
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Khalrez Thu May 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Welcome aboard mate! Glad to have you with us! Exclamation
    Cander
    Cander
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 198

Hammerfist games : AoC Ret. Lotro Ret.
    Exerience Points : 145937

Post by Cander Thu May 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Welcome welcome! But y'know...if you make a toon called "Fredrogers" I might have to make one out of guild, just to hunt you down. LOL I kid, I kid!
    FredMark
    FredMark
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Number of posts : 28
    Exerience Points : 145925
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

FredMark's Application [APPROVED] Empty Thank you

Post by FredMark Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Thank you everyone.

Happy to be with you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:46 pm