Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+2
stratien
Skibo
6 posters

Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED]

Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Empty Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED]

Post by guest Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    Yes

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age?
    Yes, I'm 21.

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    Fayetteville, North Carolina

Q) Gender:
    Male

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    Yes

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    Yes, I work with Skibo

Q)Forum name: [The name you will be registering here]
    Obie

Q) Character name(s):
    Obie

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    Skibo told me about this guild.

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us your reason for wanting to leave if you answered yes.
    No

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us the status of your application if you answered yes.
    No.

Q) What class and level are you? If you're not playing yet, what class do you intend to conquer Hyboria with?
    I am a level 15 Dark Templar

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    I'd like to think I have a good sense of humor. With my guild in WoW I am one of the few who can laugh at a raid wipe, just because I enjoy a challenge and believe these games should be fun with friends.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    I've play WoW (since 2005), I've also played Guild Wars, City of Heroes/Villains, Lineage II and a number of free MMOs. I love MMO's, and would think that I'm pretty seasoned when it comes to them.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    I was originally going to stay unguilded for a while because none of my friends were coming directly over to the game. At work one day Skibo and I started talking and he told me he was as pumped about this game as I have been for the last couple of years, and recommended that I put in an app. I'd much rather be in a guild with people I know rather than complete strangers.

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    AgeOfObie

Q) Tell us a tidbit or two about you, outside of gaming. Maybe about your job, your hobbies, maybe what sports you like to play. Anything you'd like to share.
    My real name is Brandon, and I'm an analyst in the US Army. I enjoy the outdoors, going out around the town with my friends, reading, and of course video games. I think I'm a pretty good guy, always there for my friends, as would be the same for this guild. At anytime I'm needed, I'll be there.

Do you understand if approved you will be added to our reserves; where we select applicants to join our ranks on an as needed basis.
    Yes, I understand.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A)

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    No, I'd like to thank you for looking over my application though. If you have any questions of me, feel free to message me in game!

Last edited by Brakkish on Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Cleaned up so we can read it.)
    Skibo
    Skibo
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Number of posts : 19
    Exerience Points : 146650
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Empty Re: Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED]

Post by Skibo Sun May 18, 2008 8:17 am

Already talked to him - should be fixing it in a sec Very Happy
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 145930
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by stratien Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am

MAN with his answers red as well as red questions I thought I had just seen the skimpiest app EVER!!! \

Good app, liked the info included. Besides he is in the military and gets points from me.
    Obie

Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Empty Better application... Sorry!

Post by Obie Sun May 18, 2008 8:25 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A) Yes

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) Yes, I'm 21.

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) Fayetteville, North Carolina

Q) Gender:
    A) Male

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) Yes

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A) Yes, I work with Skibo

Q)Forum name: [The name you will be registering here]
    A) Obie

Q) Character name(s):
    A) Obie

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A)Skibo told me about this guild.

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us your reason for wanting to leave if you answered yes.
    A) No

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us the status of your application if you answered yes.
    A) No

Q) What class and level are you? If you're not playing yet, what class do you intend to conquer Hyboria with?
    A) I am a level 15 Dark Templar

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A) I'd like to think I have a good sense of humor. With my guild in WoW I am one of the few who can laugh at a raid wipe, just because I enjoy a challenge and believe these games should be fun with friends.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A) I've play WoW (since 2005), I've also played Guild Wars, City of Heroes/Villains, Lineage II and a number of free MMOs. I love MMO's, and would think that I'm pretty seasoned when it comes to them.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A) I was originally going to stay unguilded for a while because none of my friends were coming directly over to the game. At work one day Skibo and I started talking and he told me he was as pumped about this game as I have been for the last couple of years, and recommended that I put in an app. I'd much rather be in a guild with people I know rather than complete strangers.

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) AgeOfObie

Q) Tell us a tidbit or two about you, outside of gaming. Maybe about your job, your hobbies, maybe what sports you like to play. Anything you'd like to share.
    A) My real name is Brandon, and I'm an analyst in the Army. I enjoy the outdoors, going out with my friends, reading, and of course video games. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good guy, I'm always there for my friends, and that would be no different for this guild.

Q) Do you understand if approved you will be added to our reserves; where we select applicants to join our ranks on an as needed basis.
    A) Yes, I understand.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A) Ok

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) No, I'd like to thank you for looking over my application though. If you have any questions of me, feel free to message me in game! And my apologies for my first app submission being so jacked up..
    Skibo
    Skibo
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Number of posts : 19
    Exerience Points : 146650
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Skibo Sun May 18, 2008 8:32 am

lol - yeah - I thought the same thing too !!

There we go - format better this time though....

I know that Open recruiting stopped - but this is one of bud's at work
    and had to send him this way Smile
    He was hyped about this game way before I was....
    Only thing he's skyrocketing past me in level's now ---- /shakes fist !
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female

Post by stratien Sun May 18, 2008 1:31 pm

MUCH better thnx fer fixin the problem hun.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146207
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Sun May 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Skibo wrote:lol - yeah - I thought the same thing too !!

There we go - format better this time though....

I know that Open recruiting stopped - but this is one of bud's at work
    and had to send him this way Smile
    He was hyped about this game way before I was....
    Only thing he's skyrocketing past me in level's now ---- /shakes fist !

If he's a bud from work, then there's the "friends and family" exception method for applying... Once that's ironed out, you can tell him where to post etc, or it might be the member will post his app for friend/family somewhere..?
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146346
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Sun May 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Wow, another military guy! You all are taking over mmo's!

Seriously, though...what is it about mmo's that seems to attract a large military population? I've always wondered about that.

Good app and good luck! Very Happy
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female

Post by stratien Sun May 18, 2008 6:27 pm

I live in a military town(Fayetteville it is ruled over by Ft. Bragg). You would not believe the number of guys that play. We got several places here in town that have bunches of puters set up and you can RENT them by the hour hehe. Also I know 5 guys that had a room set up at one of their houses( wierdly enuff the married one) to handle 5 puters and they would sit in there and play fer hours hehe.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Sun May 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Streppoch wrote:Wow, another military guy! You all are taking over mmo's!

Seriously, though...what is it about mmo's that seems to attract a large military population? I've always wondered about that.

Good app and good luck! Very Happy

So far 41 of us have voted in the "what branch of the military poll" which is roughly 20% of the guild (based on 220 logging on the forums since May 6th). With retirees, those who got out with less than 20, and active duty. There are about 2 million active duty between all the services now, but there are far more retirees out there, plus Veterans... I'm sure the numbers are somewhere, and would be interesting to see if the sum total is close to 20% of the population. My gut instinct says that that total is around 10%, so that would mean that we're twice as likely to play MMO's as non military (or something like that)... scratch

Maybe we just like to blow %^&* up, slice of some heads; toss in the drunken brawling and boobies, and we're hooked! Wink
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148554
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Obie- Join [APPROVED - SPONSORED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Sun May 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Approved Applicant
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Sun May 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Welcome to the Family! welcome
    Obie
    Obie
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 15
    Exerience Points : 145825
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Obie Sun May 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey guys, I really appreciate the add and all of the support! Seems like a great group of people, I'm really happy to be here!
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female

Post by stratien Sun May 18, 2008 8:41 pm

WELCOME!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:39 am