Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+4
Aymaestro
stratien
Antarius
Rhodar
8 posters

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED)

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED)

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A) Yes

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) I can't remember 18 it was so long ago..

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) Near Chicago, IL

Q) Gender:
    A) Male

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) Yar

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A) Antarius, Tarrant

Q)Forum name: [The name you will be registering here]
    A) Turrin

Q) Character name(s):
    A) No characters yet, just bought game at lunch. Will roll a couple and see what I like, what characters are needed, I tend to run healers in most RPG/MMOs

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A) Friend, Antarius. Started playing Star Wars galaxies long ago with him, and others. I consider them all as close friends, and that is what makes these games worthwhile in my oopinion. Raid progression and content is just a part. I know of three of the friends from SWG and WoW are migrating to AoC, two of which are in Hammerfist, and more to come I hope.

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us your reason for wanting to leave if you answered yes.
    A) No

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us the status of your application if you answered yes.
    A) No

Q) What class and level are you? If you're not playing yet, what class do you intend to conquer Hyboria with?
    A) Need to see classes available, I like to heal though.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A) Good sense of humor and thick skin. I crack myself up, I often laugh at my own jokes. Tarrant is a bit too slow at times and I need to explain things to him. That, or maybe I am not funny.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A) Star Wars Galaxies back in the day, WoW since launch. WoW is getting stale, and what I have seen in AoC I like a lot.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A) Large number of users, from what I have seen on the forums fun, knowledgable. The mature player base is important to me, my game time is limited, as my family life is important. Hoping to god someday someone comes up with a MMO that the wife likes, maybe there is a bit of barbarian in her??

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) None yet, Turrin or some version of that if available.

Q) Tell us a tidbit or two about you, outside of gaming. Maybe about your job, your hobbies, maybe what sports you like to play. Anything you'd like to share.
    A) Programmer/Manager of a small development team, for a medical cumminications company. I collect ancient greek and roman coins, and I love baseball. Dont play as many sports as I used to (rock climbed, yoga, mountain biked) as my two kids are my sport now, love to toss the baseball with my 4 year old girl.

Do you understand if approved you will be added to our reserves; where we select applicants to join our ranks on an as needed basis.
    A) Sure.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A) Ok.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) Pie or Cake? I am a cake man myself.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146482
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty Re: Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED)

Post by Rhodar Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Adult-family man, got my vote. You had just enough in the app for us to get a feel, check back in case there are questions from us.

You got my vote!

Oh
    maybe there is a bit of barbarian in her??
    That could well be the case should you roll a barbarian... Wink

I crack myself up!

Cheers! PB&J Time
    Antarius
    Antarius
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 61
    Exerience Points : 146306
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty Re: Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED)

Post by Antarius Tue May 20, 2008 4:05 pm

HA! And yet another follows my footsteps..... Muwahahahahaaaaa

Seriously tho, Turrin is another one of the ones I was talking about hoping I could get to come over to AoC. I'm surprised he didn't write a novel for an application.... usually can't get him to shut up! LOL. Just kidding.

As far as gameplay, he is one hell of a healer. Out of game, he is one hell of a friend.

Yes, I do apologize ahead of time for his cake fetish..... can't win them all.

"My name is Antarius, and I sponsor this goon...." Thumbs Up
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 146205
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by stratien Wed May 21, 2008 12:39 pm

got a couple of easy ones fer you.

1) Better lawyer... Matlock or Perry Mason??

2) Kewler car.... Munster Mobile or Batmobile??

3) When they have sex with each other who gets hurt more... Bionic man or bionic woman??
    Aymaestro
    Aymaestro
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 215

Exerience Points : 146571
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

Post by Aymaestro Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

good vibe here, friend gives good reccomendation, has a beat you can dance to, I give it an 8, but the cake fetich is a concern. Is the cake flying solo? what frosting? are there body parts involved and which ones?
    Dan
    Turrinx

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty Reply..

Post by Turrinx Wed May 21, 2008 6:20 pm

1) Better lawyer... Matlock or Perry Mason?? If I was on trial, I'd want Matlock all the way. A lawyer who likes hot dogs can't be bad.

2) Kewler car.... Munster Mobile or Batmobile?? Neither, the Flintmobile

3) When they have sex with each other who gets hurt more... Bionic man or bionic woman?? Jamie Sommers would so tear up Steve Austin (I'd do Lindsay Wagner, she is still hot).
    Turrinxx

Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty Cake..

Post by Turrinxx Wed May 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Cake should never be defiled with any body part, except maybe a finger.

Chocolate icing, thinly spread. Tall glass of skim milk. Beats any pie. Well, not peach or apple pie.

Shit, I like Pie and Cake!
    Tarrant
    Tarrant
    Grunt

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Exerience Points : 146100
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Tarrant Wed May 21, 2008 8:38 pm

I Just want to add my 2 cents. Turrin is a great guy to have in a guild and a great healer, when he is not DPSing.

If you have to explain anything to me, it due to your jokes being that bad!
    canthar
    canthar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 218
    Exerience Points : 146228
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by canthar Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm

Looks good to me. Though I am a bit wary about replies containing cake, fingers and "chocolate" icing.
    tyfp gargoyle
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 211

Exerience Points : 146959
    Registration date : 2008-04-15

Post by tyfp gargoyle Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Nice app. it seems that you would fit in with no problem. Though, you may have to fight with Hector with the food thing (he's into spam).
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148829
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Left_bar_bleue600/1200Turrin - Join! (APPROVED - SPONSORED) Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 22, 2008 11:05 am

Approved Applicant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:56 am