Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+5
Otolith
Cander
Bevhawk
hsalive
Rhuu
9 posters

Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED]

Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 146275
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by Rhuu Mon May 12, 2008 3:02 pm

This may have been mentioned, and I know I mentioned it once in a post but...

It might be more organized if we assign members to a certain resorce for better tracking. I have read a little bit about the recorses but didnt read anything about how it tracks your amounts.

What does everyone think? Please add to this idea if you have thoughts. =)
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146715
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by hsalive Mon May 12, 2008 3:10 pm

i think thats a bridge cross over it issue, we first have to hit lvl 20 for guild creation then lvl 40 for city creation.

I dont know alot about resources but i do know that at least a majority of the common ones are located in the same instance as the city.

allow me to be lazy and allow someone else to post the proper links to said discussions.

and allow me to thank you for your interest in grabbing resources. Since you brought it up we are running short on nylon and rubber...

any color will do....

why are you still here, chop chop....
    Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 146275

Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by Rhuu Mon May 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I figured as much, and if they do have a resorce tracker, then we have nothing to worry about. Just wanted to bring it up so its in the back of peoples minds.

evilash wrote:and allow me to thank you for your interest in grabbing resources. Since you brought it up we are running short on nylon and rubber...

any color will do....

why are you still here, chop chop....

Your in luck! I happen to have extra from my little escapade last night! No one runs out while Im on the hunt! Cool
    Bevhawk
    Bevhawk
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 122
    Exerience Points : 146284

Post by Bevhawk Mon May 12, 2008 3:18 pm

I like the idea of assigning ppl things to gather. That way it does not get crazy or we too much of this and not enough of this. Keeps things simple and straight forward. I would be willing to help out with this if you need the help.
    Cander
    Cander
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 198

Hammerfist games : AoC Ret. Lotro Ret.
    Exerience Points : 146337
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Cander Mon May 12, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't fully understand the whole resource gathering thing as I thought that I had read you can pretty much be a gatherer for all resources? In Guild Wars I was dubbed the guild's "Salvage Whore." I salvaged and packratted everything. With the mats I saved up I "paid" for almost the entire guild's Drokknar's armor for everyone that came after me.

I had sorta planned on doing like I always do. Squirrelling away anything and everything I come across and seeing what the guild needs when we reach that point. I realize not everyone else is a packrat...but are we suggesting each person be collecting only one resource? Or just that their focus should be that one resource?

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Check the info in red from this post.

In order to gather the higher resources you will need to be 40+.

I think this will be a topic that can/should be decided once the game is release and we see what is actually needed since it was rarely tested in beta and it can easily be different.
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 146312
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 pm

maybe, but that could get old REALLY quickly. maybe have duties shifted weekly or every two weeks.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 146353
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Dragon Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 am

I think I read somewhere that you can give up crafting but be able to gather all the resources you want. I also read you can only have 1 crafting and 1 gathering profession. Also read there's the super crafter that can craft everything but not the really high quality stuff. Problem is, I have no idea where I read any of this. Crying or Very sad

edit: ah hah! From Kohr's link above: "on a side note : players can chose the simple profession of just being
    a Harvester which pretty much only gathers any and all resources."
    BadbeatTguy
    BadbeatTguy
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 197

Exerience Points : 146656
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by BadbeatTguy Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Digger wrote:I think I read somewhere that you can give up crafting but be able to gather all the resources you want. I also read you can only have 1 crafting and 1 gathering profession. Also read there's the super crafter that can craft everything but not the really high quality stuff. Problem is, I have no idea where I read any of this. Crying or Very sad

edit: ah hah! From Kohr's link above: "on a side note : players can chose the simple profession of just being
    a Harvester which pretty much only gathers any and all resources."

That's good, I planned on harvesting a lot for the guild but crafting is another story.
    PDOA
    PDOA
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Exerience Points : 146253

Post by PDOA Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 pm

I'd be willing to gather resources or whatever else was needed for the guild.
    Golgatha
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Exerience Points : 146100
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Resource Gathering Organization AOC [RESOLVED] Empty heres my take

Post by Golgatha Sat May 17, 2008 10:41 am

ok my guess is that we need to do a little divide and conquer... find out what resources are harder to get a hold of and then divi up the tasks... personnally im not sure what its going to be like but if i find something i like gathering more than the next i would rather do that instead and learn it to the best of my ability aka hot spots and quick routes. specialization is the key to fast resource collecting; you gotta know spawn times...locations and a set route in the back woods that noone knows about. if all resources are pretty much the same then it will be like "hey boss what do we need?... ok ill go get it.

server release in 4 min

~Golgatha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:32 pm