Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+5
Dragon
Cander
Hurok
hsalive
mohan
9 posters

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED]

mohan
    mohan
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 107
    Hammerfist games : Hello Kitty Online
    Exerience Points : 146425
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by mohan Sun May 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Well I don't know if this sugestion has been made or not. But if it is disregard this.

So i was looking at the Post of the week sugestion and thought it would be cool to have an award (a mention on the forum or even an in game reward or even a special rank in the guild) for the person/people who goes beyond to help others and contribute significantly to the guild (Think resource collection for City building, crafting and donating in game currency to the guild)

How this could work is that the members would post the name of the nominies who they think should receive this Player of the week award/reward. Lets say the Week runs from Monday to Sunday. Guildies will post the nominies and what exactly they did that makes them deserved of this PotW award/reward through out the week from monday to sunday. and on the next Monday the officers or some other higher ranking personal in the guild would make the final decision and the winner will be posted.

How this is helpfull to the guild?
    This way we make sure that we appriciate and recognize the people who help this guild/community gorw and prosper. and also it will encourage other people to do the same
    This is just a tought i don't know if this would even work
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146765
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 6:53 pm

oh i thought you meant the guy or gal who could pick up the most "opposite" sex
    Hurok
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 106
    Exerience Points : 146600
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED]

Post by Hurok Sun May 11, 2008 6:54 pm

I like it. I'll toss some nominees out after the game rolls out...so EVERYONE be nice to me!
    mohan
    mohan
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 107
    Hammerfist games : Hello Kitty Online
    Exerience Points : 146425
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by mohan Sun May 11, 2008 6:57 pm

evilash wrote:oh i thought you meant the guy or gal who could pick up the most "opposite" sex

Well we could have the PIMP of the week award too if you want Twisted Evil
    Cander
    Cander
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 198

Hammerfist games : AoC Ret. Lotro Ret.
    Exerience Points : 146387
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Cander Sun May 11, 2008 8:09 pm

I like the idea, however...(of course, there's always a but, right? LOL)

For those that have never run a guild, we are putting a lot of work on Brakk's shoulders. Maybe a player (not playa) of the month rather than each week?
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 146403
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Dragon Sun May 11, 2008 8:17 pm

I don't want it to become whoever plays the most though (I plan to play quite a lot).

Player A plays 30 hours a week and can offer a lot more. Player B plays 10 hours a week and offers as much as their playtime allows. They're both giving a generous amount considering the time they play but Player A will always be giving more.

And there's people that give an amount of resources but answer a lot of questions in Guild Chat. Maybe noting a few players each month would be better. "Hammerfist recognizes player A for their generous donation of resources. Hammerfist recognizes player B for their invaluable help in guild chat..." etc...
    FredMark
    FredMark
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Number of posts : 28
    Exerience Points : 146375
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED] Empty I have doubts

Post by FredMark Sun May 11, 2008 8:21 pm

We have a bunch of people that barely know each other.

For some time, before we get to know each other better, I think it is better to stay away from singleing out anyone for whatever legitemate reason it may be.

The alternative would be "Introduction by the peer". We can create subforum where guild members can praise their fellow guildmates based on mutual experience and their contribution to the team/guild
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 146362
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 pm

a good idea... for the future. let everyone get into the flow of things first. maybe once we have a town/city.
    Golgatha
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Exerience Points : 146150
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Player of the week (An idea to encourage people to get involved) AOC [RESOLVED] Empty philanthropy?

Post by Golgatha Sat May 17, 2008 9:47 am

philanthropist of the week? just remember you total contributions and well have an arms race to be the most popular one who gave the most to the guild. something like that...

i took it to the extreme for debate purposes. i think that it borders outside of the reason the guild was formed in the first place. however, the facto that everyone here is really nice and give credit where credit is due im sure that youll earn your respect quite easily through your merit. youll probably have a higher lvl than most so youll be helping alot of the nonearly access members out more than the average bears where im sure youll be commended in all good time, by everyone who sees the deed, as opposed to putting a guy up on a pedestal for something he did for boss, where another guy got passed up two months in a row for doing twice that and now secretly is bitter.

just playing devils advocate for the most part, I still sit on the fence on this isssue.

~Golgatha
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146856
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sat May 17, 2008 9:59 am

Golgatha wrote:philanthropist of the week? just remember you total contributions and well have an arms race to be the most popular one who gave the most to the guild. something like that...

i took it to the extreme for debate purposes. i think that it borders outside of the reason the guild was formed in the first place. however, the facto that everyone here is really nice and give credit where credit is due im sure that youll earn your respect quite easily through your merit. youll probably have a higher lvl than most so youll be helping alot of the nonearly access members out more than the average bears where im sure youll be commended in all good time, by everyone who sees the deed, as opposed to putting a guy up on a pedestal for something he did for boss, where another guy got passed up two months in a row for doing twice that and now secretly is bitter.

just playing devils advocate for the most part, I still sit on the fence on this isssue.

~Golgatha

i pretty much agree with this. sounds like singling out people would just make things too competitive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:06 am