Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+12
Probie
Wrothgar
EvilDream
Bullarky
Fades
Rhuu
lorddrow
Stigma
Edre
hsalive
Dantos
mayl
16 posters

Thursday 6/12/08 Patch notes on Test Server

Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 146606
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Thursday 6/12/08 Patch notes on Test Server - Page 2 Empty Re: Thursday 6/12/08 Patch notes on Test Server

Post by Tethis Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm glad the Necros are finally getting a well-deserved boost in power. Now the Demos will get theirs. Overall some good stuff.

Tethis
    Feather Boa of Mitra
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146925
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Thursday 6/12/08 Patch notes on Test Server - Page 2 Empty Re: Thursday 6/12/08 Patch notes on Test Server

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:58 pm

The way I feel about MMOs is this. If you want to play MMOs at release you will encounter a bunch of bugs and crappy gameplay regardless of the company making it. I came into this game expecting gamebreaking bugs and constant crashing and lockups (previous experience with AO release) and servers continuously down, (experience due to WoW release). I guess you could say my standards are low, but it is my general rule of MMOs is that they dont really start till about 6 months after release, and if they still have a decent playerbase by then then its worth getting into (thankyou TR for dashing my hopes for a decent Scifi mmo). Now i had previous experience with Funcom's other MMO and i enjoyed it so i decided to go ahead and get AoC on release and im having fun, none of the bugs really bother me, they'll be fixed.

I guess what im saying is, in this genera its just the way things are. if they took time to flush out all the bugs they could tack on another 2 years on the development with limited numbers of testers, or they could add another x thousands of testers and fix things as they come up. Its not a perfect solution but it seems to be the MMO industry standard. We can obviously rebel with our wallets but i like playing mmos and the only decent one out, that i like, (only MMO i havent tried is probally lineage 2) is WoW and im sick of it, and not many game companies are going to invest to try and take that monolithic market share away from a company, especially Blizzard/Vivendi, so our choices are vastly limited for an alternitive.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146821
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Kazadun wrote:Really Dao what happened is this: First Funcom went with what they knew. Then they added things they knew they didn't know. It was the things they didn't know that they didn't know that are causing issues.
    Way to do a cross-thread tie-in. Thumbs Up Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:26 am