Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up

hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146765
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up Empty some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up

Post by hsalive Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 pm

dunno if you guys n gals know this but if you can manage to not glitch the villa quests in the noble district (i cant remember exactly what level you get them but its sometime after 45) you can actually earn around 1 level every 2-3 runs, allow me to share the data i've gathered

first off: avoiding the glitch
    each of the three villas have a quest that hast to be done before you get into the repeatable quest chain (the repeatables work like the wanted posters in cimeria, repeatable for less xp)

In one of them you have to rescue an old lady, this is the one that glitches if you kill too many enemies, so try to avoid unneccessary agro.

Once you get the 3 primary quests done: rescue the lady, kill the cook, kill the theif, and are at an appropriate level, then you can get the repeatable quests: herb gathering, looting enemies, and stealing valuables.

The best part is the mobs when they respawn, respawn to your level so you get 1000k plus xp per kill at lvl 56+

so my strategy is to only kill enough enemies in the loot the enemies quest to get it done then leave and then to clear out the other villas (that way in case they dont respawn you can do the other 2 quests rather fast) rinse and repeat.

I'm of the opinion that either the respawn triggers on a timer, they respawn every 2 or 3rd run through the quest cycle, or they respawn when i level. Either way i know for sure that you have to get the quest to trigger a respawn if one is due you.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146821
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up Empty Re: some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up

Post by Stigma Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:45 pm

I've tested this "glitch" a little bit, and have come to a few conclusions:

1. It may have been fixed, as many people are no longer reporting seeing it.

2. I think this glitch (if it still exists) is triggered by killing every mob in the instance. As a test, I ran two scenarios in the Villa Verde repeatable quest:

A) Killed only enough mobs to get the 5 "valuables" drops, then left. All enemies respawned.
    B) Killed several enemies after getting all five "valuables" drops; enough so that I would notice if they didn't respawn. Everything respawned.

Additionally, I ran a third scenario:

C) Killed every single mob in the instance (Villa Amiel "gather herbs" quest, not Villa Verde, where people first saw the bug.) Everything has since respawned, which means that either the bug is specific to Villa Verde, or has been fixed.

These three quests are definitely good "xp farming" missions. Unfortunately, the high rate of blue item drops seem to have been toned down; in my first run through Villa Verde I got two blue drops. In my second, I got one. Since then, I have run ALL of these instances at least 2-4 more times, and have gotten not only no blue drops, but barely even any green drops. It's possible that the drop rate is only high for the first mission in Villa Verde (rescue the lady), and then gets set back to normal for all subsequent runs through there.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up Empty Re: some easy if boring leveling tips from around lvl 45 and up

Post by hsalive Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 pm

i think that is just luck on the blue drops as my very last run (this morning) i got 2 blue drops where before in all my trips through (probably 5 round trips) i didnt get any

i also figured the blue drops were due to them leveling up with me, similar to how lvl 40 mobs start dropping green stuff and good resource items etc.

still havent found anything really worth using and questionable in the guild vault.

i know help is comming (as early as thursday) but i currently dont like the limited armor choices i have with my necro and i dont get the feeling that massive farming will yeild better results at this stage.

Mainly i posted this because i wasted a ton of time this weekend when all i really needed to do was camp there for a day or 2. oh well Smile
    Truesin
    Truesin
    Grunt

Number of posts : 3
    Exerience Points : 146150
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by Truesin Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:14 am

I have run the villa amiell and verde one several times and have cleared out all the mobs in each instance. Now i usually cant redo the quest immediately but the quest seem to reset each day that I play.
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146925
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:35 am

Bla i think i hit the glitch. I killed all the enemies in the rescue quest. Im lvl 43 would the repetable quests appear for me then?
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:55 am

Truesin wrote:I have run the villa amiell and verde one several times and have cleared out all the mobs in each instance. Now i usually cant redo the quest immediately but the quest seem to reset each day that I play.

i'm starting to be of the opinion that its once per level and if i'm careful i can ding a level per run, but it needs more testing

i can deff do this more than a few times a day but last night i missed a level ding (got lazy) and was unable to do it.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146821
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:07 pm

evilash wrote:i'm starting to be of the opinion that its once per level
    Actually, I believe this is exactly the case. I haven't confirmed this (because I only happen to run to these quests once I've leveled), but from what I hear/see, once a level sounds correct. I'll try to test this tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:35 am