Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+10
Skrymir
Dragon
Khalrez
Jephthah
Delarey
Jenado
Jerole
Scripture13
Dantos
hsalive
14 posters

Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info

Poll

where should our city be

[ 13 ]
    Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_lcap38%Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_lcap15%Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_lcap26%Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_lcap12%Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_lcap9%Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info I_vote_rcap [9%] 

Total Votes: 34
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146240
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info Empty Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info

Post by hsalive Fri May 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Granted the polls are used for informational purposes only, generally the decisions are on the shoulders of the leaders of the guild. but i always like gathering info so...

where should we build our city?

here is scriptures info on city building

https://hammerfistclan.darkbb.com/player-cities-battle-keeps-f19/player-city-info-must-read-t720.htm#7504

and here is the descriptions of the diff locales for us to use

Laceish Plains — The bleak, snowy, and mountainous Laceish Plains are where Cimmerians may feel most at home.
    Poitain —The “smiling sun-washed plains and blue lazy rivers” of Poitain will remind many Aquilonians of their homeland.
    Purple Lotus Swamp — Dark and mysterious, but also green and full of life, the Purple Lotus Swamp is where Stygians may gather to do their devious deeds.

vote canceling is enabled so you can change your mind if you get a chance to view the locales

Last edited by evilash on Fri May 09, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146400
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info Empty Re: Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info

Post by Dantos Fri May 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Im going to go with the plains, not only because im rolling a bear shaman, but because im a new englander who loves the cold weather and snow, rather than sunshine happy fields. Although the biologist in me would prefer the swamp for the wildlife Wink
    Scripture13
    Scripture13
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 201

Exerience Points : 146078
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info Empty Re: Where to build our city: thanks to Scripture for the info

Post by Scripture13 Fri May 09, 2008 12:40 pm

I think this one should be left up to the masses after we get to view them. It will also allow us to see the pros and cons to each site. Knowing how in-depth FunCom has been with everything else in the game, I would think there will be different advantages to each area. As well, it may take some people longer to get to one area over the other. I personally like the sound of snow and howling winds, though that is just from a graphics stand point.
    Jerole
    Jerole
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 356

Exerience Points : 146081
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Post by Jerole Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Though I would like to wait and see what they really look like, I do like the swamp idea, but that is mostly my down home view of things since I live around swamps, lol.
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146331
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 pm

in theory I like the snowy cimmerian plains... but one of my goals for the epic OB ending is to go check out these areas, so it might change Smile
    Delarey
    Delarey
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 93
    Exerience Points : 145828
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Delarey Fri May 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Anyplace but Stygia...
    Jephthah
    Jephthah
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 296
    Exerience Points : 145875
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Jephthah Fri May 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Well since I will be rolling The Aquilonians race I pick there, that way I will be home cheers
    However I may change my mind once I see the area.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145903
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Fri May 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Aye I'm in agreement with Jephthah, anyplace but Stygia.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 145878

Post by Dragon Fri May 09, 2008 2:25 pm

I adventured in Stygia a bit and the mountainy desert area wasn't for me but the swamp might be pretty cool. I'm hoping there will be enviremental hazards in pvp.
    Skrymir
    Skrymir
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Number of posts : 70
    Exerience Points : 145825
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Skrymir Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 pm

I love the snow. So can you guess which I picked? Smile
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145837
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Fri May 09, 2008 3:42 pm

wait and see for me
    Nulli
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 102
    Exerience Points : 146225
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by Nulli Fri May 09, 2008 3:56 pm

Wait and see here. Really the question seems to speculative. It would seem logical to have a city where there isn't one close to use. Or one close to where most of the zones we will be spending most of our time. The good thing about a city in Stygia is the all the Stygian emo casters that would attack us would be more apt to cut themselves over their angst that we would never have to defend ourselves.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 145957

Post by Rhodar Fri May 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Unless there's a tangible benefit to one location over another that we can analyze now, I'm waiting until I can take in the scenery before picking one over the other. That aside, being deviant in the swamp SOUNDS cool to me Wink
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Dragon Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146296
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Fri May 09, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm seriously hoping we go for the plains. Moutains might be an acceptable second, but that swamp is... bleh.

Besides, we ALL know what happens when you build castles in swamps:
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Does anyone else think that sheep in the 1st pic looks nervous for some reason? Wink
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Dragon Fri May 09, 2008 11:08 pm

Rhodar wrote:

Does anyone else think that sheep in the 1st pic looks nervous for some reason? Wink

That sheep looks mighty purdy! I mean uh... What?

I thought about attacking but level 24 vs level 65 sheep? I don't know...
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Fri May 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Dao Jones wrote:I'm seriously hoping we go for the plains. Moutains might be an acceptable second, but that swamp is... bleh.

Besides, we ALL know what happens when you build castles in swamps:

If we can recruit some fine guards as are in that fine piece of movie history, we'll be impervious to all attacks!
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Digger wrote:
    Rhodar wrote:

That sheep looks mighty purdy! I mean uh... What?

I thought about attacking but level 24 vs level 65 sheep? I don't know...

Well, should you decide to attack, as long as you don't use a staff or rod, you should be OK...
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146296
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Fri May 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Rhodar wrote:
    Any time sheep see large, half-naked men in kilts approaching them they get nervous.

Welcome to Scotland! Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 am