Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+11
Cauldron
Lowry
Brandonius
Taltos
Aymaestro
Streppoch
hsalive
Roca
Jenado
Brakkish
Rhodar
15 posters

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED]

Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty Cauldron-Join [APPROVED]

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A) Yes I have. This type of guild is what I am looking for. I've been considering another guild "The Acolytes", but they are rp-pvp. My feeling is that I will not be able to keep up with them and will end up getting killed too much! But yeah, I read the rules, dudes.

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) Yes. I'll be 32 this June. When I was a child I always watched that "30 Something" show on T.V. So, I couldn't wait to turn 30 so I could be that cool. Well, it finally happened! Now I'm just now growing a little beard and my hairline seems to be falling back. But its not too bad, sometimes I think I am being paranoid and my hairline is fine.

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) Yes I did. It really gave me some insight as to how I should do my application!

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A) No. I am a total stranger.

Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A) My main character is Cauldron. That will be forum name as well. Cimmerian Rogue type. The my alts are Helena and Methos.

Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A) I am a Hijra. Just kidding. I'm Male.

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) Kentucky. USA

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A) I went to community forums for AoC. Saw your thread there and read it, leading me to your website.

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A) Yes. The Acolytes. However, my concern is that I will not enjoy that guild due to it's rp-pvp server choice. So I am open to advice as to how and handle leaving it. Not that they would notice. Also, I used to be in The Silver Wolf Clan too, but left it. I'm just trying to find a guild that feels right. This close to release I imagine this will be my final attempt. Otherwise I will just group pve with my couple of buddies.

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A) Acolytes, Silver Wolf Clan. Both accepted me as a member. The trial periods were much longer than yours, but I stuck it out and got let in.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A) I consider myself a funny guy. But whenever I make jokes I usually get blank stares. Thought about getting a cowbell and ringing it post joke then telling them its a JOKE! The love interest says that I should just stop telling jokes altogether.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A) SWG. DDO. VG. That is all. Well, I have tried some others but just for a day or trial. Nothing to write home about. I'm not really GOOD at mmorpgs and cannot really brag about my incredible conquests. I do play a bit though and find them really FUN!

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A) That would be the word CASUAL. And the understanding that there are other things to do!

Q) What aspects of Age of Conan excite you the most or worry you? Why?
    A) I'm excited about the INSTANCED world. I hope it is sort of like DDO. But actually entertaining outside of dungeons. I want the feeling of instance exploration that DDO provided, but with a bustling and socially satisfying zoned city part.
    I'm worried about what settings my pc can handle.

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) um, Dark-Helion I believe.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
    A) Well, besides Conan stuff. I am a huge fan of Highlander the Series. I've read all of the Wheel of Time Saga so far. About me : I am a community college student who works at an Irish Pub. I drink beer sometimes and I have a crystal meth lab in my basement. COWBELL!DING! Just kidding there.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) I'll let you all ask the questions for now. But thanks for your time reading my application. It was fun.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146057
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty Re: Cauldron-Join [APPROVED]

Post by Rhodar Thu May 08, 2008 1:32 am

OK, I meant to go to bed, as my eyes are burning, but I'm glad I read ONE more application... It made me laugh more than once, and for that alone (and because the rest looked great) you have my vote yes.

Though, I'm sure you will need to leave your current guild before officially being a member here (as it's against policy). The fact that you've been through two guilds already may be a detractor from your otherwise very good application.

Cheers, and good luck with the app.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 08, 2008 1:39 am

The app was a nice read. However,

Rhodar wrote: The fact that you've been through two guilds already may be a detractor from your otherwise very good application.

That's a lot of jumping around. I'm a bit concerned as well, but let's hear from the rest of our members.
    Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty Other Guilds.

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 1:41 am

So, I tried some guilds. I hope that does not count against me. I was too quick to join them and did not realize too much what rp-pvp would be like. Other than the server type there is nothing wrong. PVE is more my style.

I'm glad you liked my application Rhodar. Now I can tell the love interest that someone on the Hammerfist forum thought I was funny! Do you really think my past will complicate joinging here, or are you just sleepy?
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146057
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Thu May 08, 2008 1:48 am

I don't think I'll be the only one... But, as you have explained why, I don't see it as a reason to vote no; I would rather take a chance on a yes vote, based on everything else you have told us.

Cheers

And NOW, I'm off to hit the sack! Work will suck for me tomorrow for sure... ces't le vie (or something like that)
    Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty another post.

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 1:51 am

OK. Hopefully it will be fine. I mean, it's not like I was promoted to Guild Leader or Guild (responsible title). Just a dude looking to fit in somewhere for this game. To be honest, this is my first attempts to even be in a guild for a game. Usually I just solo or group with random people. But I want to be in a guild for the release of AoC. I Just wanna be sure its right. And PVP all the time aint it. I thought it sounded cool to pvp all the time, but then again I have never played a pvp server.
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146431
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Thu May 08, 2008 7:30 am

I'm okay with the fact that you've been in other guilds. Your personality shines through on your app. And hey, if we don't charm the pants off you enough to make you stick around, that's YOUR loss. Very Happy

I vote yes.
    Roca
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 246
    Exerience Points : 146303
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Roca Thu May 08, 2008 7:40 am

Hey I hear that 40 is the new 30....so that must mean 30 is the new 20 yes?

Your past guild affiliation doesn't bother me as the game has not even been released yet, so I can totally see trying to fit in somewhere.

Good luck to ya.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 am

nice app and gl

but you really should stick with a guild, i mean, why us over them
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146196
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Thu May 08, 2008 10:51 am

evilash wrote:nice app and gl

but you really should stick with a guild, i mean, why us over them

Agree...I'd be interested to hear in a little more detail why you didn't feel you fit in there, and what we have that will encourage you to stay.

Besides our sparkling wit and charming personality, of course. Razz
    Aymaestro
    Aymaestro
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 215

Exerience Points : 146146
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

Post by Aymaestro Thu May 08, 2008 11:14 am

being accepted to other guild websites/guilds is fine with me as long as you jump on board here completely come startup. There are rules against multiple guilds because they keep a player occupied outside of the circle. and once you enter the circle, you are, well, part of a circle and circles dont have points, but we may be spherical, still no points, no breaks. unless there is just a hole and the air really doesn't leak out becuase the structure is fixed, but i think that the sphere/circle expands and contract because of people who come and go and contracting circles/spheres are scary as they can shrink down to a point,, of which mine is, i like your app if you want to stay here, ...in our circle.
    I had another thing to say, but i forgot, but now i remember.
    i think R. Jordan has passed away, so there will be no finish to Rand's story....very sad panda here.
    Taltos
    Taltos
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 257

Exerience Points : 146515
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Taltos Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am

Roca wrote:Hey I hear that 40 is the new 30....so that must mean 30 is the new 20 yes?

Your past guild affiliation doesn't bother me as the game has not even been released yet, so I can totally see trying to fit in somewhere.

Good luck to ya.

mmm..i dont know about the 40 being the new 30...when i hit 40 last week i had a sudden eurge to put on black socks and white buster browns and go cut grass...aw man...i forgot what i was saying...uh

I like your app...all any of us ask be sure we are what you are looking for in a guild.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340

Post by hsalive Thu May 08, 2008 11:49 am

god we never grow up do we, being a hair under 30 i was hoping maby someday but... no eh? ok
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male

Character sheet
    Health:
    Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 08, 2008 11:59 am

I guess there are a few of us wondering,

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A) Acolytes, Silver Wolf Clan. Both accepted me as a member. The trial periods were much longer than yours, but I stuck it out and got let in.

Why did you leave them. You mentioned that SWC was an RP-PVP guild... you didn't realize this before you applied, or at least during the app process? And what of the Alcolytes? I guess what we're looking for is some reason to feel you've done your homework with us, realize what sort of guild we are, and have no intentions on leaving us at some point in the near future.

Your application is stellar, and I think if you can adequately answer these couple of questions, our members will have no problem accepting you into the family.
    Brandonius
    Brandonius
    Forum Noble
    Forum Noble

Male
    Number of posts : 542

Exerience Points : 146387
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Brandonius Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Good luck.

I was also a little hestitant at first seeing as you had been in two guilds already and the game hasn't even been released yet, hopefully you did a little bit better research this time.
    Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty excuses

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. The reason behind wanting to leave the Acolytes (I'm serious they will not even know I left.) is the server type. They are a big enough guild with a huge backstory forum section, giving me something to read, while convincing me that I am part of the guild. But that does not do it. See, I went to their chat room and got along with the regulars and could never get the ventrillo to work. This was over a month ago. Besides checking out the story forum, I have not been too active their at their guild site. Good and fun dudes who have their stuff together. But when I went back to check it out it seems they are all busy with beta or all on ventrillo or something cause their boards are dead. Also, there have been others who left. Three major players left and started another guild. Even the website creator left. But anyway. The SERVER TYPE RP-PVP is not my bag babe. I mean, the RP part is fine, I love that. Basically the server type, dudes.

All of my past mmorpg experience has been PVE. SWG and DDO and VG = all pve. I log on and just do my thing, slowly. But, in SWG I was in a guiid that I met long after game was released. We did the GCW battle thing against the Imps. But I was just cannon fodder in that guild and most of my time was spent solo. Though there were a few times when I had a good time with a few guildies hanging out in the cantinas just chatting. This is what I am wanting.

Pre-release guiild hunting is new to me. Its true that I knew what pvp was when I saw it. Reading forums and seeing all the chatter about pvp being hardcore really influenced me. And I figured if I was in a big guild then I would be protected. Then I started to think about the other mmorpgs I played. Did I have fun with pve? Yes. Then I thought about there being pvp mini-games within the PVE server. I thought about being frustrated when being sneak attacked and killed by some other player for no damn good reason at all.

Yeah, I joined those other guilds. I realize that recruiting guild members is a serious thing. I felt bad about leaving SWC because they were a smaller guild and I did wait like a week to be a member. Honestly, I posted on SWC forum a "Leaving guild" notice. I was in that guild for a couple weeks.

So I went to Acolytes due to their castle themed website. I soon found out that they had 300+ members and scoped out their story/rp forum and liked it. Once again I took rp-pvp for granted. I applied and a week later they let me in. I was in a big guild! I loved the story/rp forum! Who cares if its rp-pvp, right? When I play the game though, I realized, the forums would die down, the story forum would die down. And I would be feeling all obligated to play on a pvp server. The week and a half trial membership period to join the guild, the time reading the story forum, would create a sentimental connection between the guild and I. So, I would play pvp even if it was not what I thought was the most fun way FOR ME to be playing the game.

Ahem. Um...Oh yeah, right. Robert Jordan. There is some other dude that is going to finnish the last book in the series. Jordan past on verbal notes to his family and wife about the last book. Memories of Light or something. His wife was the editor anyway so she took those notes and got em down real good. Besides, Jordan had written a good portion of the last book already. So, the wife got some other writer to finnish the book. He is a big Jordan fan and has several books under his belt as well. Should be well worth it. I have every intention of reading it although old dude is dead.
    Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty moreover

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Moreover, two of my friends are excited about AoC as well. I recently got into contact with these two and found out how they were going to be getting the game. Then, I explained that I was in a rp-pvp guild. Didn't go over too well. I was going to advise them to try and put in an application at Acolytes, but OH NO! the Acolytes recruiting was closed. You have to have the referal of a big dog in order to get in. I am by far not even a dog their, just a flea. So, we decided to just get the game and just play the damn thing. But, I started thinking (DOH!) about it and figured that pve WAS indeed the way to go. I would not have to worry about being in a massive guild that focuses on pvp and be constantly overwhelmed by fighting. I mean, alot of people are going to play 10 thousand hours a day for years and I just cannot keep up with that. Right out of the gate, people would be level 80 and beating the hell out of me around every corner. As far as my game time goes, this is it for me. I just play 8 bit nes roms for the most part.

OK, you all are thinking, more than likely, that Cauldron just keeps on and on about the same old stuff line after line. But this just goes hand in hand with what you all display on your guild priorities. You want to get a good sense of the persons personality, right? Well, here is my personality. Plus, I feel that my playing style will fit in with others in this guild. I am not a power leveler. I am the type of person who was upset to find out "sitting in chairs and at tables" was not going to be in AoC. The person who looks first at the character creation part of an mmorpg. Sliders and Options are better! The more unique I can make my in game persona the better.

So, I would not be relentlessly worried over farming for elite weapons and stuff. Maybe a little if the mojo is right. But I can get a good grind on sometimes. Um, yeah this is all TOO EXCITING, is what you are thinking. Reading all this stuff I have written for you, wondering if I am some sort of sleazy guild hopper, going from guild to guild gathering secrets and selling them in the Oriental Black Market. Perhaps you are concerned that I may jump ship aagain. But then this is a two way street. My feeling is that this would be a good guild for me and my two dudes. I think maybe they could get in too and enjoy the casual, friendly, family, atmosphere that you say you have. From what I have seen so far you stay true to your word. I am honestly interested in joining! There is a stretch before the game releases, so feel free to advise me or give me some clues or something. That made no sense. Well, I will be here if you have something to say.
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female

Post by Streppoch Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Really good, well thought-out responses. I and respect your reasons for leaving.

To be honest, I've been more active on this board than I have in the open beta, but I'm sure that will change a bit once we get going for real. I kind of wanted to "save myself" for the game when it comes out. Heh.

I can understand your reasoning of putting the pvp aspect to the side; it's been my experience, though, that pvp'ers tend to be dedicated to their gameplay choice and usually stick to it. I'm PvE myself, so I understand where you're coming from on that front.

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. bounce

Last edited by Corpsegoddess on Thu May 08, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male

Character sheet
    Health:
    Mana:

Post by Brakkish Thu May 08, 2008 5:27 pm

That was fantastic. I now understand a little better as to why you've made those decisions. My curiosities have been satisfied. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of our group.
    Lowry
    Lowry
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 160

Exerience Points : 146331

Post by Lowry Thu May 08, 2008 6:04 pm

I like the honesty. He could have stated that he hadn't been involved with other guilds and wouldn't have had to explain himself. But he did a fine job explaining his decision in my opinion, so I see no problem with him joining the clan.

Best of luck with the app.

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Great application. People come and go from guilds within months of release for one reason or another. He just did it before release for the same reasons that some might after release. Nice explanation as to your reasons.
    Cauldron

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty guilds

Post by Cauldron Thu May 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Exactly. I saw the bit about multi-guilding within your guild constitution. This concerned me so I just put my cards down on the table.

A little more about myself for whoever cares. I do work at the Irish pub and attend college during Fall/Spring. Summertime is here though. It is raining outside her in Kentucky as I write this. Been comming down for hours now. But the massive sunfall will soon be in full force. I have all summer to really get into AoC.

I'm athletic as far as I ride a bicycle everywhere I go. And that is important for me as I have passed 30 years old now. My fat factor has really kicked in. Something has to give though, as I am kinda chubby right now. Its gonna be interesting to see if I lose wieght before the apartments pool opens! I have gained so much wieght, in fact, that I am forced to wear my jogging pants everywhere. I have one pair of 40 pants that are my baby. I wear them out to special occassions.

I typically have a buzzed haircut. But it grows rapidly and seeing as I am my own barber, it grows back really odd. Looks like a newborn mullet as I write this. Finally, I started to have enough facial hair to grow a beard and mustache. I let it go wild for a couple weeks there. I even had a cool handlebar, fu man chu, curly mustache going. But the love interest informed me that the mustache was scaring her. She claimed that I looked like the villain from V for Vendetta. So, I trimmed it all and now I look like a proper D-Bag. I miss it, though.

So, my apartment is about 1k square feet. Got it set up pretty nice. I spend alot of time in the office here. Either writing poetry or short stories. I'm into this Hyborea story right now about Cauldron. I have a Myspace account and check it regularly. Also, a little television here and there. Attack of the Show on G4. History channel with a fever. There is an On Demand FearNet service for free with my cable that allows d/l of scary movies. Family Guy and ATHF are funny to me. The love interest and me play couch Jeapordy, but she has defeated my every time thus far. Seems there is always some damn category that is just her thing. I am still alittle upset over tonights contest. The issue of cheating came up. But in all that excitement, who knows, maybe we just got a little confused. But it is all good now.

I'm not a party guy. Got all of that out of my system during my 20s. An entire decade of running wild and doing whatever I wanted. I don't regret it though. Although I am just now at 32 really getting into college, I really do not regret it. So I have a good decade of priceless experiences behind me so far. The kind of free spirited, hitchiking, asking for spare change freedom that alot of folks don't get to experience. Not that they would. It humbled me alot. Learned far more in that decade than I would in school for how ever many years I'll be in college. Just different stuff I learned about. About people.

I've always been really bashful for the most part. Takes me a while to get to know people before I open up. But I took a public speaking class at the community college and that cured me. Now I am a little better. I remember standing up in front of the class and giving those first speeches. Heart racing, so fast almost like it might trip up. What a deal though. Now I am so much more inclined to talk to people.

So finally, I lead a quiet life here with the woman. I go to work, come home and read. I'm getting into Native American History and general American history pre 1865. Right now I am reading, slowly, Benjamin Franklin's complete works. Starting with the Silence Dogood essays in The New England Courrier. Its delightful. He was a really funny guy, come to find out. In that 1722 kind of way.

Well, once again if anyone has anything to add just go for it. I am here to get to know your guild. Judging by so far, I think I would like it here.
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female

Post by Streppoch Thu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks...wow. I'm impressed.

Two thumbs up from me. cheers
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male

Character sheet
    Health:
    Mana:

Post by Brakkish Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Approved Applicant
    Cauldron
    Cauldron
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 114

Exerience Points : 145931
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Cauldron-Join [APPROVED] Empty um