Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+5
Trained
Rhodar
Boomslang
Lorahand
EvilDream
9 posters

Letter from the Game Director

EvilDream
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 309
    Exerience Points : 145834
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Letter from the Game Director Empty Letter from the Game Director

Post by EvilDream Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:56 am

This is a pretty good letter from the Game Director (Gaute Godager). Outlines a lot of the things they have planned in the near future, and new content releases.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59606

Funcom actually impresses me by responding and fixing so frequently the majority of complaints they've recieved thus far. This gives me personally the warm fuzzy feeling about the future of this game and have high hopes for things to come.
    Lorahand
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1093
    Letter from the Game Director Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : LOTRO and Darkfall
    Exerience Points : 146220
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Letter from the Game Director Empty Re: Letter from the Game Director

Post by Lorahand Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:58 am

Can someone copy and paste this letter? I am at work and am unable to get to those forums till about 5 hours from now... I would appreciate it Very Happy
    Boomslang
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 146475
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

Post by Boomslang Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Fellow Hyborians!

As you may have noticed we have had frequent patches the last two weeks. We hope this will soon start to quiet down, but as long as there are major issues – and there have been – we will dedicate the Conan team to fixing them and giving you these fixes as soon as possible! We have a plan on how to move this game forward because as you know, what you have today is but the platform – the dawn of this world. I hope you enjoy the game as is, but I can ensure you, this is but the beginning!

Our focus from now on can be summarized by these points:
    We will add content, specifically in mid-late thirties and mid-late fifties and make the leveling speed smoother in those areas, reducing the need to grind.
    We will have an overhaul of the PvP system – adding consequence and a host of small things.
    We are fixing bugs you reported through all channels we can get information from.
    We will add a new large outdoor region in the 55-60 range this summer!
    This is only a small taster! More information about the exciting summer and fall Roadmap will come the end of the next week!
    We are staffing up Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Community departments!

1. Filling “thin areas” in our content
    We have seen that there are certain level ranges of these Hyborian Adventures that do not have the amount of quality we wish them to have. Most specifically these are the end of the Thirties and the end of the Fifties level ranges. We are addressing this in several ways.
    Several mid-late thirties dungeons are getting a complete overhaul (Black Castle, Pyramid of the Ancients and Treasury of the Ancients)
    Several quests are being made fuller and more entertaining. If people wish to revisit these quests, we will add a system to let them try them out again.
    we are adding first a batch of quests in Eiglophian Mountains (lvls 55+)
    We are also adding in a bunch of quests that didn’t quite make it for launch in the 30+ areas.
    Around 60 quests through the game have been flagged as “Lore Quests”. They will now be patched out with full Voice-Over. (Roughly 1 quest per level after level 20)…

2. Overhauling the PvP System
    People like our open PvP system. There are many plans on how to give this open free PvP even more meaning and Purpose. In the meantime we will be doing some smaller tweaks, and we plan to get these out sometimes in June. I will not go into 100% detail here, but that will come next week! What I can promise is:
    An update on how sneaking and perception works in PvP (nothing major, but an adjustment).
    Un change in the amount of information you get when you hover over an other player.
    An added system of consequence to “ganking”. (Killing much-much lower level players).
    A system of adding consequence to losing a PvP match, and winning a PvP match + turning on PvP Leveling.
    A change in how Crowd Control (Root, Knockback etc) works in PvP.
    PvP gear.

3. New Massive Region
    We will unveil this location later, but it will feature a host of quests, new monsters and places of dreams or horror. It will be styled towards the players in the late 50s and bridge the experience on the way to Atzels Approach. We have plans for releasing several of the areas that didn’t quite make it for the release.

4. Fixing bugs and increasing Customer Service
    Funcom has always prided ourselves with having great customer satisfaction. The success so far for this title has left us with the need to increase the size of CS. This will go in parallel with the constant fixing of bugs and other issues that lead people to petition. Included in this is even better testing of the game by increasing the size of Quality Assurance and informing you better about changes by staffing up the Community Department. I know a blurb like this will haunt me always, but I will still venture one: We aren’t satisfied until all our customers are! You know we had a very, very difficult launch of Anarchy-Online! That was a very painful process for all of us working on it – 4 years. You might not understand how driven we are to make sure you enjoy this game, and all the support around it!
    The future is very bright for Hyboria. There will be many bright mornings following this, the very first. Together we shall surge ahead and build the world even bigger, better and more detailed!
    Please feel free to visit the official discussion thread here.

Yours truly,
    Gaute Godager
    Game Director
    Age of Conan, Funcom
    Boomslang
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Exerience Points : 146475
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

Post by Boomslang Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm

This letter addressed every one of my concerns....so I am definately happy now!
    Lorahand
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:25 pm

They still need to overhaul crafting and also items in general, I finally changed my armor in 10 levels, I would like to see more armor and weapons in the game. One of the biggest dissapointments for me so far is the lack of equipment...
    EvilDream
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 309
    Exerience Points : 145834

Post by EvilDream Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Lorahand wrote:They still need to overhaul crafting and also items in general, I finally changed my armor in 10 levels, I would like to see more armor and weapons in the game. One of the biggest dissapointments for me so far is the lack of equipment...

Items will be added within the next 2 weeks, 3 epic sets per class along with itemization on regular boss mobs and a lot more, so its coming.

Crafting....haven't heard much.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 145932
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Based on their increasing of QA and CS, it looks to me like they are acting on petitions/complaints feverishly!

Have I said that I love this game yet? Well, if not, then I do! And it just keeps getting better; though I'm only 24, so crafting hasn't even been an issue for me yet. I figure at the rate I am leveling, the crafting will be 'fixed', or at least adjusted from what it is now.

I'm glad to see Funcom as excited about the game as we are!
    Trained
    Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145678
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 pm

yes, this is all good news. i'm excited to find out what the new area will be like too. Hopefully somewhere in there they will be fixing the destiny quest bug people are getting as well. My best friend is mad at me for getting him out of W*W and hooked on this, muahahahaha. My evil plot to addict all my friends is slowly coming to fruition.
    Lorahand
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah its very nice to see a company as excited about their product as the player's themselves. It's also great that they know the game needs work and are listening to us... I am gaining more and more respect for Funcom by the day, I also like how they admitted to having a terrible AO launch... and did not have a problem saying they screwed it up.
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Exerience Points : 145481
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Its nice to see a company, like Turbine, who listens to what the players want and gives it to them

Blizzard always acted like they knew what you wanted more than you knew what you wanted. I guess that works for them but I like feeling like the devs are on the same side as the playerbase.
    Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 146056
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Tethis Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Once again I am heartened by this. My only hope is that more items aren't broken as these items go in. Execution is key to success.

Tethis
    XXX of Mitra
    Lemartes
    Lemartes
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 438

Exerience Points : 146356
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Lemartes Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm

was real nice to see a company to make a post like this to let the community know what there plans are. so many times the customer is left out in the cold just waiting for something to happen. Good job funcom
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 145853

Post by Dragon Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

This is exciting! Some voiced Diaglogue past Tortage is very cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 pm