Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

How does Dual Wielding work really?

Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 146
    Exerience Points : 145650
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

How does Dual Wielding work really? Empty How does Dual Wielding work really?

Post by Lucian Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:03 pm

I know the obvious is it means a sword in each hand, but how does the skill really function? Originally on my conqueror I went dual wield for the bleed effects and such, but I switched over to brute since it seemed more predctable and reliable. I was told that when you dual wield the weapons you are wielding do not do the full damage listed in their profile. Can anyone confirm? If so what percentage does it do? How often does the off hand get factored in actually?

I am curious about this because frankly I like dual wield better visually, but its hard to tell how it is working.

Thanks
    Cyric
    Cyric
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 126
    Exerience Points : 146125
    Registration date : 2008-04-26

How does Dual Wielding work really? Empty Re: How does Dual Wielding work really?

Post by Cyric Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Traditionally (and in almost every other game ive played) dual weilding (offhand weapon) usually has a - hit modifier and a - damage modifier, sadly im not sure how it works in this game but i doubt they would leave dual weilding at full damage, everyone would dual weild due to the massive amount of damage it would push out.
    Roca
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 246
    Exerience Points : 146178
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

How does Dual Wielding work really? Empty Re: How does Dual Wielding work really?

Post by Roca Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:11 am

I can't confirm this for sure, but the way I understand it is that your off-hand weapon has a chance to hit (dual wield grants you the ability to have a chance to hit with any offhand weapon). This chance can be augmented with the feat tree or bonuses that are on the weapon itself (or any other piece of equipment for that matter).

For example, my offhand weapon has a +0.8% chance for hitting with offhand, and in my Reaver tree, I picked up Ambidextrious and Twist and Tear which further increases my chance to hit and do damage with my off hand weapon.
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 145575
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Guerre Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm

I think what you are really getting at is...Are you a stats man or a style man. If you want the best stats possible and duel wielding has a perceived weakness then you will obviously go some route besides duel wield. However, if you are like me, I don't really care if I have the best stats possible. I will take the cool look and style points anyday. Obviously, you can only carry this to a point. If a single weapon is doing twice the damage of duel wield that's a no brainer, but I have not noticed a big difference so I take the style points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am