Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

2 posters

Server Merge Information

Xenatha
    Xenatha
    AoC Guild Master
    AoC Guild Master

Female
    Number of posts : 158
    Server Merge Information Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : Aoc, Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 146206
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Server Merge Information Empty Server Merge Information

Post by Xenatha Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:33 pm

All:

Soon our server will be merged with others. This is a new opportunity to obtain new members and have others to group with and more Raid possibilities. The Merger information can be found at: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=175923

The FAQ's about the merger can be found at: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=176031

Some items that may cause some concern, but are not show stoppers:

What happens if two guilds with the same name end up on the same server?
    The server of origin will be added to the guild name so all
    guilds will keep their name but with the name of the server they
    originated from. A guild of course has the possibility to get their
    guild name changed again by sending an in-game petition.

What is happening with guild cities when guilds are moved to another server?
    Guild cities will be moved to the same playfield and spot
    it has been before. When necessary a new instance will be created. So
    every merged guild will have access to the same guild city on the new
    server.

What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?
    This depends on the following aspects and rules:

• Is the character on a still active account?
    • If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
    • If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account
      which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3
      month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    • If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
    The other(s) will be prompted a message at the first attempt to
    this character.
    None of the above should be of great concerns. Yes there may be some challenges, but the AoC leadership will be addressing these as they occur. However, there will be new opportunities for us to meet new people, join in more Raids, and have many others to have fun with and may even become Hammerfist Clan members as well. I myself look forward to this new phase of Age of Conan.

By Crom's will!

Xenatha
    Salmonious
    Salmonious
    AoC Officer
    AoC Officer

Number of posts : 2
    Hammerfist games : AoC
    Exerience Points : 142350
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Server Merge Information Empty Time for an upgrade

Post by Salmonious Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Hiya X and All,

Time to upgrade the village I think. Competition will be tough for new members and a T3 Keep would help a lot. We are currently on the T2 barracks and it is fairly easy to get from there to the T3 Keep.

I know that gathering resources is the most obnoxious part of the game. However, if we work on collecting Iron, Electrum, Granite and Yew as we wander the realms we should be there in no time with little game distraction.

Sal
    Xenatha
    Xenatha
    AoC Guild Master
    AoC Guild Master

Female
    Number of posts : 158

Hammerfist games : Aoc, Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 146206
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Server Merge Information Empty I agree

Post by Xenatha Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Sal:

I agree and am working on it. I will be going to surgery on 18 Feb and will be out for 5 to 10 days. I hope to play a bit on the weekend thou.

Xenatha

Salmonious wrote:Hiya X and All,

Time to upgrade the village I think. Competition will be tough for new members and a T3 Keep would help a lot. We are currently on the T2 barracks and it is fairly easy to get from there to the T3 Keep.

I know that gathering resources is the most obnoxious part of the game. However, if we work on collecting Iron, Electrum, Granite and Yew as we wander the realms we should be there in no time with little game distraction.

Sal

Sponsored content

Server Merge Information Empty Re: Server Merge Information

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:35 am