Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

Vent mic issues

Jer
    Jer
    Puny Poster
    Puny Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 141675
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Vent mic issues Empty Vent mic issues

Post by Jer Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:23 pm

I have a mic with the headphone jack type hookups and the mic refuses to work on my pc. Im pretty sure it has something to do with needing the mixer set right. I have only 1 option but that doesn't do it.

I used to have a USB headset and it worked perfect just had to plug it in, Id really prefer not to have to buy another unless I have too.

OR

I do have a MAC but I cannot get the MAC to recognise that im trying to use a headset it uses the built in mic no matter what vent or the MAC is set too. The built in mic is so sensitve that me moving in my computer chair sounds like an earthquake apparently. It seems that no matter what the mic sensivity is set too on the MAC it sounds the same.

I know the info I have given is pretty vague, ive tried alot of ideas and im no slouch when it comes to computers. Just looking for maybe someting small that I may be missing I guess

Oh the mic does work, maybe the inputs on the PC are shot seems unlikely.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:01 am