Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+3
Kazadun
Virgil
Dantos
7 posters

Battlekeep heads up (AOC)

Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146925
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Battlekeep heads up (AOC) Empty Battlekeep heads up (AOC)

Post by Dantos Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 am

I just want to add in a little something that im not sure many people are aware of, but a guild that has a battlekeep cannot attack another guild's battlekeep. I can see why they do this, to allow for the changing of hands every once in a while. Just wanted to give people a heads up as we move forward.
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 146031
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Battlekeep heads up (AOC) Empty Re: Battlekeep heads up (AOC)

Post by Virgil Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:32 am

Kind of odd, I mean I guess we should be focusing on defense of our own castle but would be nice to crush someone elses hopes and dreams and then use the rubble to expand our kingdom.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 177

Exerience Points : 146553
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Ah well, I'm sure in a casual enviroment just tending to our own Battle Keep will be interesting enough.

There was a lot said about the first known BattleKeep Siege. The balance isn't quite there, hopefully things to be fixed once we get ours.

Kaza
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146765
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:19 pm

this is also why it would be wise of us to "practice" on other guilds battle keeps so we are not "practicing" defending our own Smile

in other words, lets practice on their dime and not ours Smile
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 146106
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Wrothgar Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:02 am

Ya practice makes perfect. I don't really wanna rush out there and build one and then two days later it gets taken because we really don't know how to defend it. I'm not saying that would happen, but it could happen.

I really think that the no attacking if you have a battle keep will change. I don't see why you couldn't. If you had two castle's back in the day, they couldn't attack each other? They'd have to wait until some random small group of guys came by? Nah, this should change.
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 146
    Exerience Points : 146200
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by Lucian Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Wrothgar wrote:Ya practice makes perfect. I don't really wanna rush out there and build one and then two days later it gets taken because we really don't know how to defend it. I'm not saying that would happen, but it could happen.

I really think that the no attacking if you have a battle keep will change. I don't see why you couldn't. If you had two castle's back in the day, they couldn't attack each other? They'd have to wait until some random small group of guys came by? Nah, this should change.

I think it is more a case that since there are a limited number of battlekeep "slots" available they do not want one powerful guild to roll the others and end up with a battlekeep monopoly.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:00 pm

no, they will let that happen among the alliance s:)
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 146031
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 pm

You realize, when you destroy a battlekeep. You receive a ton of resources, enough infact to build your own battlekeep on that spot...
    Trained
    Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 146228
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:51 pm

I think that's Dao with the french accent.

Is this what our first siege will be like?

Last edited by Terrastorm on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Virgil wrote:You realize, when you destroy a battlekeep. You receive a ton of resources, enough infact to build your own battlekeep on that spot...

thats pretty awesome, wonder if it gets implemented that way?
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:01 pm

more heads up

Message regarding Massive PvP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for heading over here to the boards to continue the discussion.

We are very serious about our Massive Siege PvP system and we became more aggressive on fixing several issues appearing in that regard. The bulk of the feedback can be summarized within two categories: a) Client performance and b) Content and collision.

I would like to say that most of you – our players – most likely have some time to go before you reach the stage where Siege Battles become a daily activity. It is unfortunate that some of these issues have arisen, but it will not be felt personally for most of our players as they will be addressed before you participate in Massive Siege. Funcom and I have a clear policy on focusing clearly and honestly on problems. This will give you predictability and the hopefully will be what you, our customers, see us as a company – clear and open.

Client Performance

The client performance seems to be the biggest issue. Luckily we already had several improvements of performance styled directly towards the siege battles in the pipeline when we got this feedback. We are confident that we will be able to get these update s to you within a short time. (We hope to get some out as early as on the Monday down-time!)

The improvements will include: a) ways to remove / hide performance impacting particles and sound, b) a more stylized view-distance (shorter and more pvp fitting) in the battle areas to increase framerate c) changes to how certain abilities and spells are being propagated. We are also confident that this fixes will greatly improve the framerate and overall client performance in the Siege Battles.

We will not stop optimizing this until we get to a stage where we are happy that all clients can host / participate in Siege PvP.

Content and collision

There were other problems with the siege battles as well. Luckily these are less severe in scope and it should be doable to address them all. We already have collision bug fixes for the dynamic collision in these areas on their way.

I hope you understand we do not take this lightly and that we are doing a strong push to address all issues immediately.

You can continue the discussion here.

Gaute Godager
    Game Director

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:41 am