Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

In the last days of spring......

Wrothgar
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 146106
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Mood Kick Some Ass In the last days of spring......

Post by Wrothgar Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:26 pm

I, Wrothgar, and a friend by the name of Frozendeath were in the mountain passes of Atzel's Aprroach. We had taken on a job of ridding the area of some of Atzel's bandit soldiers and some of the vicious chill crawlers. We were told where we could find these chill crawlers and decided to fight them first. We figured if we could fight these inhuman beasts and best them, what trouble would mere men be?

As we rode up one of the mountain passes we saw a chill crawler. My horse went wild with fright and tried to charge right up the side of the pass. I knew there was no way for it to make it to the top and if it did, then there was no way down. I couldn't turn the beast from it's path. It was too frightened. As we charged headlong up the mountain I closed my eyes and knew the inevitable was about to happen.

Suddenly we were falling. I had resigned myself to die this day and merely awaited death to come and take me away. The horse was screaming and we fell for what seemed an eternity. Finally with a splash we hit. I was surprised and opened my eyes to find myself in some cavern. The horse had finally went blessedly quiet. I looked down and realized that the fall had killed it but it had also saved my life. I looked up and was shocked to see that I was looking at Atzel's Approach from underneath. "What kind of trick was this?," I thought. I must be in some unknown hell.

I began to tread water trying to make sense of my predicament. Suddenly I was attacked. It felt as though I was being bitten in the back. I turned but there was nothing there. The water was boiling in a frenzy as something continued to bite me. Not being able to see who my attacker was I began to swim with all my might. I didn't pick a direction except to get away from my attacker. Finally I could no longer feel the bites but only relief that I was away from the invisible foe.

I looked around and as far as I could see there was only the enormous open cavern and water. I could see no land to climb upon. I knew that I would be stuck swimming in this hell for eternity. I had never heard of such a place as this. I became afraid and did not want to spend eternity here. After a short time I realized that I would get nowhere with fear. Squashing the fear, I began to swim again. After a short while the area had not changed. I knew that asking Crom for any help was useless.

I began to imagine that I could hear Frozen calling my name. In my delusional state I called back. I told him of what I saw. He asked me if I could find my way out and I said no, that I would be stuck here for all eternity. He yelled that I should pray for help. I asked him what good would that do? He told me that I should at least try.

I began to pray. I became angry during this prayer. What had I done that I deserved to be in this hell? I was strong and had defeated many foes. I could drink enough ale to drown a horse. I had bedded many beautiful wenches. I was a warrior! I would not pray to god's who would not answer! I screamed in rage that I would get myself unstuck!

Suddenly I appeared before Frozen. I stood in mute shock. I looked around and realized that I was out of that hell. My insanity had finally taken complete control. I was delusional. After the shock wore off he jumped up and slapped me on the back. I couldn't believe how real this seemed. He told me that it was real and I was not dreaming. I whistled and my horse suddenly appeared. Had it all just been a dream? Had I been knocked on the head and dreamed everything? I asked Frozen if this was the case. He told me that a hole had appeared on the side of the cliff and I had fallen through. When he was able to get up the cliff to the spot, the hole was gone. That's when he began calling my name. He said that he could hear me but could not determine where my voice was coming from. I told him that dream or not, it was good to be back and that we should head back to the village and come fight another day.

After returning to the village, I decided to stop by the tavern and wash the road dust and fright from my mouth. As I was sitting there drinking my ale, I began hearing tales of other travelers who had fallen through the land. Some had been in the mountains, while others had been in different lands. Some of these travelers had not returned, others had reappeared as I, and still others had reappeared in different lands. I knew with sudden realization two things. There was an evil afoot in the land and also that I had been given a second chance by some benevolent diety. I didn't have any idea which diety would even care for me but I was grateful. I said a silent prayer to whoever had saved my life.

Once I returned to my barracks in Poitain I found that I could not sleep. I kept seeing that cavern and endless lake when I closed my eyes. I decided to take ink to paper and draw what I saw as a warning to others. I sat there for many hours by candlelight and drew out the scene from my mind's eye. After I finished the drawing, I laid down and soon fell asleep. I didn't dream of this nightmare anymore but of more pleasant things, battles won and wenches taken.

I tell you this tale as a warning. Be prepared as I know nothing that can fight this evil of falling through the land. I have brought along my drawing to show you what I saw. If you find yourself in this place, you may take my advice and pray to the god's that you're stuck. They may just pick you from your predicament and place you back where you belong. I hope that none of you may visit that hell where men and women do not belong.

In the last days of spring...... Wrothg10

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:59 am