Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

Interesting read on GPU's

Probie
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Exerience Points : 146625
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Interesting read on GPU's Empty Interesting read on GPU's

Post by Probie Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 am

I just came across this article and thought some others might find it interesting about different GPU's tried with AoC.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTUxNiwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
    Vermantis
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Exerience Points : 145450
    Registration date : 2008-06-09

Interesting read on GPU's Empty Re: Interesting read on GPU's

Post by Vermantis Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 am

Smile Nice read & when I get home im going to play with my use ram for texture setting.

As you can see, Age of Conan performed considerably better by simply increasing the texture cache slider. In fact, it was just over 18% faster with the texture cache at 309MB than at 0MB. Therefore, if your gaming PC has enough memory to use the texture cache option, we highly suggest you take advantage of that feature.

18% faster sounds great to me!
    Probie
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Exerience Points : 146625
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by Probie Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Vermantis wrote:Smile Nice read & when I get home im going to play with my use ram for texture setting.

As you can see, Age of Conan performed considerably better by simply increasing the texture cache slider. In fact, it was just over 18% faster with the texture cache at 309MB than at 0MB. Therefore, if your gaming PC has enough memory to use the texture cache option, we highly suggest you take advantage of that feature.

18% faster sounds great to me!

I was thinking the same thing. Would have put more thought and detail into my post but I got busy at work and didn't have time to put a decent reply.

I'd like to try some of their tips and see what my outcome is.

We're Basically neighbors Vermantis!!! If you actually live in Bay City, less then 10 miles I'm betting.

Last edited by Probie on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit for the mere fact I saw Ver lives close!)
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146696
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:01 pm

This is awesome, Probie - thanks. I was getting a weird visual bug with green tiling / visual errors on my floors, and it was driving me nuts until this article explained what was causing it. ("From Characters Only" shadow setting does it.)
    Vermantis
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Exerience Points : 145450
    Registration date : 2008-06-09

Post by Vermantis Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:43 am

We're Basically neighbors Vermantis!!! If you actually live in Bay City, less then 10 miles I'm betting.

Wow! that is close, imagine that. Well I hope your enjoying the good weather we are finaly having! I look forward to playing with you ingame! Smile
    Wolfbreath
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Exerience Points : 145900
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Interesting read on GPU's Empty Video card

Post by Wolfbreath Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks a bunch ... have been struggling with settings. This article helps alot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am