Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+8
Wrothgar
Trinity
Guerre
Rastas
Rhuu
rock8104
Tethis
Brakkish
12 posters

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen.

Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148779
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Left_bar_bleue600/1200Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Empty Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen.

Post by Brakkish Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 146556
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Empty Re: Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen.

Post by Tethis Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:39 pm

There is no "quite possibly" about it.

Tethis
    Preecher of Mitra
    rock8104
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 68
    Exerience Points : 146350
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Empty Re: Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen.

Post by rock8104 Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:08 pm

What Was that for?
    Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 146275
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Rhuu Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 pm

rock8104 wrote:What Was that for?

Its for Warhammer Online, and yes, it was a most impressive video.
    Rastas
    Rastas
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 155
    Exerience Points : 146525
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

Post by Rastas Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Already ordered the Collector's Edition Very Happy
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 146075
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Guerre Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:43 pm

That is pretty sweet, but it's already 2008 and I hate how they always put out these great looking trailers and then the in game graphics and play are no where close to the eye candy in the trailer.

They might as well just say "Hey, here is the game we all would like to make and play but it will never happen so just drool over this cool cinematic for a year or two"
    Trinity
    Trinity
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 100

Exerience Points : 147903
    Registration date : 2008-03-06

Post by Trinity Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Guerre wrote: they always put out these great looking trailers and then the in game graphics and play are no where close to the eye candy in the trailer.
    I never let it bother me, as it doesn't come as a surprise. Doesn't everyone realise game trailers always look better than the game?

Anyhow, yeah that was an amazing video!
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 146056
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Wrothgar Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:59 am

Absolutely by far the best cinematic to date. Parts look extremely real. I would also say that any movie with a spear lodged in someone that can turn into a sword is awesome.

I've seen this somewhere else and the explaination was that it's a compilation of Warhammer and some other games movies. Can't remember what the others are but it's made into one sweet movie. The music gets your blood pumping too.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146771
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:00 am

Sadly, the actual game will look like this:

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Combat

I hear once you grind to level 50 you get shots that bounce off the walls. Level 75 gives you "invisible mode"!
    rhyzen
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Exerience Points : 146125
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by rhyzen Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:41 am

Not all of that video is from Warhammer Online. It seemed like it was a compliation of cinematics from different video games.

The part with the bald guy fighting, that's from the Warhammer RTS. I remember watching that cinematic. To this date, that is probably the most realistic cinematic I've ever seen.

But that being said, it's still a really well done video.
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 146075
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Guerre Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:18 am

Dao Jones wrote:Sadly, the actual game will look like this:

Quite possibly the badest-ass game video I've ever seen. Combat

I hear once you grind to level 50 you get shots that bounce off the walls. Level 75 gives you "invisible mode"!

lol! lol!
    lorddom22
    lorddom22
    Grunt

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Exerience Points : 145675
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by lorddom22 Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Yeah it is definitely Warhammer footage from the RTS as well as the MMO, and mixed in with another game. I have the WAR collector's edition pre ordered as well and can't wait for it. I am estatically happy with what they have done so far in the beta. The only thing the game might suffer from is the overhype.
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145981
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:05 am

Very Very cool but as others have mentioned its too bad War will look a lot less like that and much more like WoW. After playing it for about 5 minutes it was clear I would rather reactivate my 70 warrior and 70 Druid, no offense for those who preorderded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:34 am