Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

2 posters

A football MMORPG?

Hurok
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 106
    Exerience Points : 146425
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

A football MMORPG? Empty A football MMORPG?

Post by Hurok Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:58 pm

Yes there is one currently in beta!

Goal Line Blitz

I've played it for a season now (40 real days) and find it a blast. It's a nice combo of football sim and MMORPG. I find it to be a nice change of pace from fantasy football and filler when it's the real offseason. You can create a player at any position and you fill a role on a human controlled team. When you're a free agent human owners send you contract offers. You decide on money and contract length. You can invest as little as a few minutes a day by owning a player or players up to playing GM or owning a team. You choose how your player is built. For example, do you want to focus on speed and agility to make that speedster WR or focus on catching and vision to make a possession WR.

It's great fun and has a great community to it. It's a free game but you can plug some money in to give your players small boosts in stats. They do limit the boosts so players who choose the free route can still compete. If you have any questions please feel free to post or PM. If you do choose to sign up please use my referral link below as I'll get some extra flex points to spend on my players. We're in between seasons now so it's a great time to join as teams are looking to fill out their rosters and their are hundreds of new teams on the horizons that will be looking for talent.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=7479308
    Wolfbreath
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Exerience Points : 145850
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

A football MMORPG? Empty Football MMORPG

Post by Wolfbreath Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Really interesting!! I created an avatar but since I dont know much about actually playing football, I may be in trouble, hehe. My avatar is Cam Wolfblade, a Guard, plays for Reno (CPU team .. West Conf #17).

Will be interesting to see what happens.
    Hurok
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 106
    Exerience Points : 146425
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

A football MMORPG? Empty Re: A football MMORPG?

Post by Hurok Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:20 am

You're starting off in the "D League" or developmental league it looks like. These teams are computer run and help players build up their personal attributes. There's a good chance you'll be picked up by a human team though as there are alot of new teams coming in the league now in the offseason. It doesn't hurt that guards are always in short supply too.

Sponsored content

A football MMORPG? Empty Re: A football MMORPG?

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:15 am