Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+18
Taltos
Brakkish
PDOA
Streppoch
Killer_Shark
Malev
Rhodar
Delarey
Otolith
kebe
Conn
Dragon
Scripture13
hsalive
Jenado
Noz
Granite
Khalrez
22 posters

NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER]

followth

NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Empty NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER]

Post by followth Sun May 11, 2008 12:38 pm

color=red]Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?[/color]
    A)
    absolutely
    Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A)Yep, I'm over 18 (shows driver's license)

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A)yes I have...though a lot didn't contain much info.

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A)
    I noticed someone I knw from LOTRO posted on your AOC thread. But really no friends.
    Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A)
    My forum name on AOC is NoKNickers (pirate name of course). Not sure what my in-game name will be when it goes live yet, but possibly Grogwench.
    Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A)all WOMAN baby! (pic can be provided for proof).

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A)
    Anna Maria island, Florida...the best place on Earth.
    Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A)
    Was trolling forums checking out guilds.
    Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)Nope, not ina guild at this time.

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A)I have not applied to any others previously.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A)
    If it ain't fun I aint' in! Silliness is my business! I'm able to laugh at myself as well as at others. (Others is more fun though).
    Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A)I played DDO (argh) and LOTRO. I acquired a lot of skills from LOTRO like ranger and caster skills.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A)I wanna join you guys because you seem to be the type of guild I'm looking for. I'm not into hard-core, you must be here at this time, kind of guilds. I'm trying to have a life here. But I also want a fun atmosphere with friendly people and friendship within the guild. I demand fun dammit!

Q) What aspects of Age of Conan excite you the most or worry you? Why?
    A)
    As an artist the graphics really excite me. Also I like the different culture aspects of the game. Cool armour is nice too!
    Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A)
    My forum name on AOC is NoKnickers...explanation available on request
    Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
    A)Well, I'm female and, obviously, a gamer. I live on an island just off the coast of Florida. I'm a more -than -part- time pirate. I belong to The Anna Maria Island Privateers, which is a group of pirates that raise money for kids. I love pirating! I'm also an animal lover of epic proportions. I also pirate these waters at other events such as Renaissance Festivals. I'm a musician and artist. I'm also a surfer babe and a diver. If it looks fun I'm in! I'm hoping to add a few weasels to my menagerie here at home and maybe a few hamsters. (what's a menagerie without a hamster or two?) They're more trustworthy than weasels . ( A weasel stole my underwear). I was born in the wrong age of Earth. I long for the days of sword-play and chivalry. Mostly sword-play. Maybe sword-play with weasels. I was in LOTRO from Beta1 and was a member of a really nice guild. I enjoy making friendships in-game and hopefully bonding with a few peeps.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A)

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A)
    Will there be hamsters? Please, I really would like some hamsters. That's not too much to ask is it? A game without hamsters is like...well....just gimme hamsters umkay! Oh an pirates is always good. Yarrrr!
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 146003
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Empty Re: NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER]

Post by Khalrez Sun May 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Retracted.

Last edited by Khalrez on Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Granite
    Granite
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 55
    Exerience Points : 146100
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Empty Re: NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER]

Post by Granite Sun May 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Good Luck on your post - some of the more follow the post nazis might complain that you "named" it wrong, but I think you redeemed yourself inside. Hope to see you in game.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Khalrez Sun May 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Ok I've read your application twice now and I want to give a second first impression if that's possible.

At first glance your application looked to be a joke. We've had some of them in the last week and so you'll have to excuse me for jumping to conclusions.

It does in fact appear that you're for real and so I apoligise for some of the things I said in my first post.
    Noz
    Noz
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Hammerfist games : WAR!
    Exerience Points : 146381
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Noz Sun May 11, 2008 12:48 pm

LOL thumbs up from me Very Happy
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146431
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sun May 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Khalrez wrote:Is this a joke?

If this application was made with sincerity then I mean no offence, but seriously, I am having a hard time accepting that this is an up-and-up app because you're basicly flaunting your womanhood as reason for why you should be accepted.

Fortunately for you I'm not the one who decides but as for me it's a thumbs down.

i realize you took it back, but i actually have no idea what gave you that impression in the first place? it looks like she mentioned being female exactly twice. once in response to 'are you male or female' and once in 'tell us about yourself'. not trying to hate on you khalrez, i'm just really not sure where that came from Smile

as for the application - i got one request. tell us your best pirate story! yarrrrrr!
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male

Post by Khalrez Sun May 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Jenado wrote:
    Khalrez wrote:Is this a joke?

If this application was made with sincerity then I mean no offence, but seriously, I am having a hard time accepting that this is an up-and-up app because you're basicly flaunting your womanhood as reason for why you should be accepted.

Fortunately for you I'm not the one who decides but as for me it's a thumbs down.

i realize you took it back, but i actually have no idea what gave you that impression in the first place? it looks like she mentioned being female exactly twice. once in response to 'are you male or female' and once in 'tell us about yourself'. not trying to hate on you khalrez, i'm just really not sure where that came from Smile

as for the application - i got one request. tell us your best pirate story! yarrrrrr!

To further explain my original concerns, she stated under the Male/Female question very pointedly that she was a female. Nothing wrong with that. Shows humor, excitment to be on the forums ect... Then I scroll down to the largest portion of her application and, again, note that she comments on herself being a female and how much she likes doing female stuff blah blah blah...

This whole thing made me scratch my head and go "So do you think being a girl is an instant free-pass to get whatever you want or something?" I know that sounds critical, but if there's a time to be critical about someone it's at this phase and so I took the unpopular route and pointed out a concern I had.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 1:13 pm

got my vote, nothin sadder than a pirate out of work Smile

btw the noob island is pirate city so just promise me you wont stay there forever Smile
    Scripture13
    Scripture13
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 201

Exerience Points : 146178
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Post by Scripture13 Sun May 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Photobucket

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 249

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC - Waiting on WAR
    Exerience Points : 145978
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by Dragon Sun May 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Conn
    Conn
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Exerience Points : 145931
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Conn Sun May 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Let me try a different approach on Mothers Day.Welcome and GL
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Sun May 11, 2008 1:40 pm

i saw that one brakk Smile, guess you went with your gut instint too.. anyways

i have a question for the wench

which wench are you in your little pirateers group
    kebe
    kebe
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Exerience Points : 146403
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by kebe Sun May 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145937
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Otolith Sun May 11, 2008 2:37 pm

i personally despise hamsters, but Thumbs Up anyway

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Excellant application.
    Delarey
    Delarey
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 93
    Exerience Points : 145928
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Delarey Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up for being a pirate, - 1 Thumbs Up for hamsters, I am a rat guy myself...
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146057

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

We're all about weasles around here...

+100 for a picture of said pirating/diving activities.

But, you have my vote anyhow (the +100 might earn another thumb, however) Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up From me!

Cheers! cheers
    Malev
    Malev
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 13
    Exerience Points : 145875
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Malev Sun May 11, 2008 9:21 pm

followth wrote:
    Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A)Yep, I'm over 18 (shows driver's license)

Ok what we have here is another "McLovin"

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A)
    Anna Maria island, Florida...the best place on Earth.

If this were true why would you tell everyone? Now I am gonna go there and ruin it!!!

Nice app Thumbs Up
    Killer_Shark
    Killer_Shark
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Exerience Points : 145906
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Killer_Shark Sun May 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Welcome and good luck!!!!
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146196
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 am

Well, being a girl myself who's been on teh interwebs since 1997, you kind of get used to proclaiming you are one, often and loudly. Basically to drown out the "tits or gtfo" posts in forums. Razz

I love pirates. I played pirates constantly as a kid...Captain Harlock and Emeraldas are two of my heroes.

Got my vote. Thumbs Up
    PDOA
    PDOA
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Exerience Points : 145878

Post by PDOA Mon May 12, 2008 1:36 am

One of the best apps so far. Personality came through clearly and what is a guild without a hamster and weasel loving pirate. No pics necessary to get Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up GL
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Left_bar_bleue600/1200NoKNickers - join [APPROVED REGISTER] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 am

Approved Applicant

Edit: can you give me any clue as to what name you used to register?

Second edit: I've had my coffee now, and some breakfast. /endcranky

Last edited by Brakkish on Mon May 12, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Taltos
    Taltos
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 257

Exerience Points : 146515
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Taltos Mon May 12, 2008 8:52 am

Rut Row... But welcome all the same. welcome
    Killer_Shark
    Killer_Shark
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Exerience Points : 145906

Post by Killer_Shark Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 am

Grats to you!!!

I had forgot to register upon filling out the app also....... Embarassed

But lucky for me, I remembered fast enough to keep the boss from getting cranky........... rofl
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146196
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Mon May 12, 2008 10:28 am

Congrats! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 pm