Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+12
Otolith
kebe
Scripture13
Jenado
Taltos
Conn
Kawaci
PDOA
Brakkish
Rhodar
Targon
Piwafwi
16 posters

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED]

Pending

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Maeldon - Join [APPROVED]

Post by Pending Sun May 11, 2008 1:11 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A) Yes, and I particularly approved of the stance on respect for others. Also, the Code is well defined and articulated. I was very impressed with the maturity of your Code of Conduct which is what enticed me to chance a humble application to The Hammerfist Clan.

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) Oh how I ponder the days of my youth...

In all seriousness I'm over 30 years of age and well under 40. I stay in shape believing *chuckle* that living part time at a gym helps my gaming skills as well as acts as a catalyst toward promoting my interpersonal skills *in other words, I use exercise as a form of relaxation.

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) I sorted through a few and enjoyed the sense of humor a few displayed rather well.

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    A) Sadly I have none - this is not to say I wouldn't be happy to earn new friends! /salute

Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A) Maeldon; Name I used as a Hibernian Hero *guardian equivalent in Dark Age of Camelot for quite some time. Has a bit of Aquilonian flair I believe *smiles

Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A) Male though I've expressed to my fiance' a multitude of times that in my next life if just for the sake of control over one's potential divorce that I'd...Hey how about those Chicago Bears!

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) I've been living off of leaves and furns in the Pictish Wilderness. Seriously though, I am a native of Chicago, Illinois, living in an overly industrialized suburb by the name of Itasca.

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]

A) I have been looking at various guild's codes of conduct. Secondly, the name "Hammerfist" pulls me back to my old Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper days in college and before...and if one positive memory can predict a few more than I'm at the right place!

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A) No...admittedly I've been a tad on the lazy side, reading forum after forum and researching instead of just posting a random application. I read through the /denied examples as well on the app forum to also get a further feel of the maturity level (not necessarily referring to stoic, boring and overly adult...moreso looking for developed personalities which is my base definition of maturity) and I was quite happy with what I read.

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds?
    A) No, and in all honesty this one grabbed me immediately during my forum and code of conduct searching. If all fails here, then other than a /salute on the battlefield I'll most likely bide my time and work on seasoning up towards 60-80 before I attempt any other. Considering the possible multiple server release type and quantity, only Crom knows where I'll end up without a sense of guild direction! But, as I stated before, Hammerfist pulled at my heart strings and I've taken the bait.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    A) I wish I had the talents to be able to both stand and direct the hearts and minds of others toward the path of hilarity! However, I do attempt to make up for that weakness and enjoy a good sense of humor - even if it is moreso on a Montey Python level of satire.

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other games eh? Tell us about them]
    A) My long love has/had been Dark Age of Camelot. The rp servers were particularly enjoyable since they tended to attract a more adult audience. I'm not much for "dood" speak...and while I don't attempt to emulate Shakespeare (which is not true rp anyway) I do enjoy speaking moreso from what I would discern is my character's point of view.

I had a jaunt at other games, LOTRO was very enjoyable but I wanted more of a meaningful pvp experience (alas I need castles and siege weapons...).

World of Warcraft I played due to friends, but the grind at 70 made the game lose its luster. I daresay their concept of siege warfare (soon to be) will most likely be lackluster at best and somehow geared toward the further aquisition of unrealistic armor pieces and weapons (75 lb. shoulder pads and 11 foot swords, etc.).

Asheron's Call - quite fun in the day but again no meaningful pvp.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A) 1. The name Hammerfist Clan is one that draws respect.
    2. The applications that were denied all shared (seemingly anyway from the few I reviewed)
    shared a similar argument that basically translated to a positive criticism over the lack
    of personality displayed.
    3. I've long argued that mmorpgs are a place to wear away the stressures of real life. Also,
    as in "real life," those you call your friends in game reflect the type of person you are. By
    being accepted into The Hammerfist Clan, you are advertising your quality. In many cases,
    our ability to communicate shows that we are thinking human beings. Through good
    communication, we can kindle good friendships with good people, and let the real world
    tend to her own cruel issues for a bit of time, and define our own quality as an excellent
    Age of Conan guild.

Q) What aspects of Age of Conan excite you the most or worry you? Why?
    A) Totally open pvp sends the folks who work all day and have family to other pastures. I hope there is some focus on just how pvp is played out. As far as excitement, I cannot wait to lend my hand toward keep building and siege warfare. Some great tales lay ahead!

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) I peruse them, but have nothing to debate on them. Many sides of the "argumentative fence" are well represented. Hence, I have not registered a name on the official Age of Conan forums.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us? Nothing too exciting. Divorced (happily!), with a pretty spectacular 6 year old son I get to have over every other weekend. As far as personal development is concerned, I'm doing what many freshly freed folks do and am moving along through a master's of education program to further my teaching qualifications (special ed). My live in girlfriend is pretty understanding in regards to the gaming needs I have - which is a huge plus!

My view on life is that while it may be governed by existentialism, for me it's still quite self determinative and enjoyable in more ways than I can count. Secondly (or fifthly? lol), my computer is far more advanced than my car - which probably says a lot about me considering my car is an embarrassment to those who might care Razz

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A)

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) None at this time - thank you and /salute
    Piwafwi
    Piwafwi
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Number of posts : 90
    Exerience Points : 145925
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Re: Maeldon - Join [APPROVED]

Post by Piwafwi Sun May 11, 2008 1:16 am

Good job with the app. Nice read and GL to ya! Make sure ya register on the guild forums and if possible the AoC forums as well.

Thumbs Up

l8r...Vazz Twisted Evil
    Targon
    Targon
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 51
    Exerience Points : 147078
    Registration date : 2008-03-24

Post by Targon Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 am

Nice Application! Another DAoC player moves on over to AoC. I played DAoC for almost 6 years on Perc and after 18 level 50s, I decided it was time to move on. Wink Hope to see you within the guild halls!
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146057
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 1:52 am

Very nice app, these are taking longer and longer to read (not a bad thing at all).

You're going to fit right in with us, in more ways than one. A lot of common interests/job/humor there...

Definite yes vote from me! Thumbs Up

Cheers! cheers
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Sun May 11, 2008 2:14 am

Nothing makes me happier than when an applicant has done a decent amount of research before applying.

+1 from me.
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 2:36 am

Brakkish wrote:Nothing makes me happier than when an applicant has done a decent amount of research before applying.

+1 from me.

Not even a well-lubed, rubberized, /COUGH... Wink
    PDOA
    PDOA
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Exerience Points : 145878
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by PDOA Sun May 11, 2008 2:52 am

Rhodar wrote:
    Brakkish wrote:Nothing makes me happier than when an applicant has done a decent amount of research before applying.

+1 from me.

Not even a well-lubed, rubberized, /COUGH... Wink

weasel...that was what you meant right Smile
    Kawaci
    Kawaci
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 65

Post by Kawaci Sun May 11, 2008 6:52 am

Excellent app and a welcomed one.

Good luck and will see you in-game. cheers
    Conn
    Conn
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Exerience Points : 145931
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Post by Conn Sun May 11, 2008 7:32 am

Welcome, Smile cheers Nice app. Another vote for Special Ed. Teacher in the Family. GL

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2008 7:52 am

Great application.
    Taltos
    Taltos
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 257

Exerience Points : 146515
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Taltos Sun May 11, 2008 7:57 am

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Register

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Thank you

Post by Register Sun May 11, 2008 9:54 am

Thank you all for your kind words! Nice to see some DAoC players as well! The gods know we have plenty of siege/RvR experience....hope some of it transfers over to here! Had my share of 8 man groups as well in open PvP - going to be fun I'm sure.

/salute

*edit: I registered under the register option (not sure if there was another registration option?) and according to an email I'm to wait for a follow-up Smile

Thank you - Happy Mom's Day for all that it applies to!
    Jenado
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 423
    Exerience Points : 146431
    Registration date : 2008-04-19

Post by Jenado Sun May 11, 2008 11:39 am

this is a really, really good application. three thumbs up! (don't ask where I got the third one)
    Scripture13
    Scripture13
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 201

Exerience Points : 146178
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Post by Scripture13 Sun May 11, 2008 2:00 pm

By being accepted into The Hammerfist Clan, you are advertising your quality.

Really? I' done then! I will never allow anyone to say or even think that of me, damnit!

Good app. my friend! Best of luck! Thumbs Up
    kebe
    kebe
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Exerience Points : 146403
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by kebe Sun May 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Otolith
    Otolith
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 145937

Post by Otolith Sun May 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Thumbs Up
    Imotaqua
    Imotaqua
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 191

Post by Imotaqua Sun May 11, 2008 3:08 pm

You be ok by me. Thumbs Up
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146396
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Sun May 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Pending wrote:Secondly, the name "Hammerfist" pulls me back to my old Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper days in college
    Yeah, the name "Hammerfist" pulls me back to my old fraternity hazing days in college.

What? My frat was a tough crowd. Eta Prison Pi took their intiations seriously.

Anyway, this guy is good to go in my arrogant opinion. Thumbs Up
    Pending

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Maeldon /salute

Post by Pending Sun May 11, 2008 8:24 pm

Incredibly kind words all around. If I had even a microcosmic nano-sized doubt in my mind *(which without the advent of a deep neurocellular excavation of what's left of my brain after a day's work with my junior high classroom) I have none now - a very very fine guild indeed - but why, why do I suddenly desire a tankard of ale!

Still hoping for some kind words at my email for a follow up to my registration. Thank you all for your kind support...I can almost smell the memory leaks at Tortage kicking in now...I cannot wait to hit the "use" button yet again on that blasted ladder quest in order to complete my mission! I digress...hope to hear from you all soon.

Ahh almost forgot, may I kindly ask...

What classes are we most in need of? Personally I've always played a prime tank class: Paladin, Warrior, Hero, or a healer class; Shaman, Cleric, Druid, Bard in Dark Age of Camelot. However, I am ready to try anything new or if need be, anything I've done already.

I've always been kindly told I'm a "explitive good tank" but for some reason as a healer I always seem to be more inclined to watch health bars than graphics...and have had some kind compliments in regards to keep groups up in a pvp conflict.

In other words, I'm happy to help wherever I can. I'm not interested in alts, I really do wish to stick with one persona...and maximize his potential.

/salute thank you
    Pending

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Maeldon

Post by Pending Sun May 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Strangly just had a thought...the name "Pending" sounds a bit Aquilonian does it not? Strangely it's starting to stick =D
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Jenado wrote:this is a really, really good application. three thumbs up! (don't ask where I got the third one)

Well, hell Jenado, as you're a lady, I just have to ask; where from? Shocked

/back to topic at hand:

As to classes, we're fairly well balanced out, and the motto is, "play what you really like." Once you're accepted (Rhoadr's predicition only) there's a thread on who's playing what, and lists the breakdown in a poll very well. You can take a look at that, then choose... wisely.

Cheers, and I'll be welcoming you soon to the Family...

cheers

Last edited by Rhodar on Sun May 11, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Sun May 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Speeding this one up. Well done.

Approved Applicant
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Rhodar Sun May 11, 2008 8:35 pm

LOL, I really didn't know that was going to happen within minutes!

WELCOME to the Family!

Cheers! welcome
    Pending

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty Open Proxy at AoC Forums?

Post by Pending Sun May 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Just wanted to state that I applied at the Age of Conan forums, and after successfully testing my IP/Info etc., at 2 Warhammer forums for an experiment have been forced to send a query to the AoC tech people asking why I'm being given this:
    *Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed.

I reset my router, reset my modem, but both my computers are still reading off the same IP address. At it also verified within a few miles that I am the IP user (or so I assume). I have never done anything offensive online (looks at girlfriend and her cat with a wary eye) and I havn't had any issues on other forums I just registered with for test purposes.
    Any kind advice?

/salute thank you
    Macgannon (Maeldon)
    Macgannon (Maeldon)
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Exerience Points : 145850
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Maeldon - Join [APPROVED] Empty THANK YOU!

Post by Macgannon (Maeldon) Sun May 11, 2008 8:40 pm

/Cheers

I humbly thank you! A huge relief that's for certain. I heard it's open bar now? Seriously though, my thanks and I will peruse the forums to see what class may be a good fit from me to Hammerfist.

/salute thank you all again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 am