Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

Collectors Edition?

BadbeatTguy
    BadbeatTguy
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 197

Exerience Points : 146281
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Collectors Edition? Empty Collectors Edition?

Post by BadbeatTguy Tue May 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Are the extras that you get for the collectors edition worth it?
    Thoughts?
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 146003
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Collectors Edition? Empty Re: Collectors Edition?

Post by Khalrez Tue May 06, 2008 8:00 pm

Depends. The free trials could be nice if you have some people you want to show the game to. If you're a bigtime fan of the lore and of AoC in general you might appriciate the memorobilia, but if you're only buying it for the in-game items I really dont think it's worth an extra $30-40 IMO. But that's just me.
    BadbeatTguy
    BadbeatTguy
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 197

Exerience Points : 146281
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by BadbeatTguy Tue May 06, 2008 8:03 pm

I think I read you get something like 5 Free trials? Do the trials mean you get to play the full game for X amount of time? Becuase I have an uncle and 2 good friends I am trying to pry away from WoW to play AoC and hopefully join THC maybe if I give them a free trial they will convert.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146340
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Tue May 06, 2008 8:29 pm

that is exactly what the free trial is all about
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146396
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Tue May 06, 2008 8:51 pm

"Worth" is a relative thing. I honestly don't give a crap about the material stuff you get with the CE (map, book, etc); for me, I wanted the XP ring and the drinking cape. Was that really worth paying almost double the cost of the regular edition? Not really, but I'm fortunate enough that the extra cost wasn't really an issue for me.

Plus, I remember when Guild Wars came out (I joined right when it launched, in April 2005); I didn't buy the CE edition because I wasn't sure I liked GW enough. Later on, I always regretted it. Not because you really got anything great, but simply because I liked the idea of having stuff that was a relative rarity. So I told myself the next time I had a chance to buy a CE at a game release, I would do it.

The in-game items (XP ring that gives you a +2% XP increase, and a drinking cape that gives you a free drink at every tavern) aren't all that amazing. (Plus, I believe you get a free drinking cape for subscribing to the AoC newsletter.) But if you don't mind the temporary loss of $30-$50 for the upgrade, I think it's worthwhile to get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:39 pm