Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+4
attius
Breygon
Ulfaro
Paranoia
8 posters

Need help Picking out a Pistol

attius
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Flag_e11

Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 142538
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guardian
    Health:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/9999999Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/9999999)
    Mana:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/200Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/200)

Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help Picking out a Pistol

Post by attius Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

a couple of things
    1) that group (tatical response) and that guy (James Yeager) are the very real deal... from the digging I and others I know in the LE instructor world have done in the past they are easily one of the best training facilites in the world. They train many govt organazations as well. I am on a diet, and my long term reward was to hopefully get to take his high risk civilian operator shooting class, which would also require me to take his carbine class.. thousands and thousands of rounds in a short order.. but it would definately help me with my competetions.

2) My CCW is a glock 19, the exact gun he was running, the only modification I have is a internal laser, the guide rod (the part that melted) is my laser, so I am not sure how that would hold up I am betting not as well.. good thing I have my factory guide rod and spring.. and I learned something the guide rod isn't needed, it just keeps the spring in place.. so awsome find..

Last edited by attius on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zotar
    Zotar
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 267

Hammerfist games : LOTRO ,AOC, Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 144535
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help Picking out a Pistol

Post by Zotar Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:51 am

Wink Cool vids ) I had read all about the Glock torture test when I was doing my research on my CC pistol options, was most impressive ) I also found where some folks from a magazine, guns and ammo I think, reproduced the test with an XD.45. They didn't start the test till the pistol had about 10k rounds through it, and added a bunch more tests to it to try to destroy it. The results were great, no malfuntions but I wouldn't put the pistol on display anywhere. Any firearm that can take that kind of abuse, is truly a work of art. Thats why I told my wife when I bought my XD, that this is the last .45 pistol I will ever have to buy ) Of course there are always open slots to add to my collection, cant ever have too many firearms.
    Paranoia
    Paranoia
    Forum Imperial
    Forum Imperial

Male
    Number of posts : 910
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : Ikariam, Kings Age
    Exerience Points : 142937
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Super Troll
    Health:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue666/666Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (666/666)
    Mana:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue666/666Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (666/666)

Post by Paranoia Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 am

Very cool video.....I will deff be deciding between the XD and Glock....Gonna go out and shoot both as soon as i can...

BTW Passed my Poly so on to Head test and Medical...little less then 2 weeks till i know for sure when the academy starts.
    attius
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

Male

Character sheet
    Health:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/9999999Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/9999999)
    Mana:
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/200Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/200)

Post by attius Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Congrats Paranoia, you actually are in the highering process with an agency? City, County, or State level? or something else? I am also suprised they haven't told you what gun you will be getting lol.. Or at least what caliber
    Paranoia
    Paranoia
    Forum Imperial
    Forum Imperial

Male
    Number of posts : 910
    Need help Picking out a Pistol - Page 2 Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : Ikariam, Kings Age
    Exerience Points : 142937
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Super Troll
    Health:
    Mana:

Post by Paranoia Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Yes Hiring process with City PD.....I believe I can choose what i want to shoot....between 9mm .40 and .45. Smile
    attius
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

Male

Character sheet
    Health:
    Mana:

Post by attius Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Paranoia wrote:Yes Hiring process with City PD.....I believe I can choose what i want to shoot....between 9mm .40 and .45. Smile

ah congrats, I take it, this is not a major metropolis.. they have definate gun standards..
    Good thing about City work is backup is always close.. not like rayve who frequently had backup 30 min away.. Also City does different work then say county or state, for example my local city pd are traffic nazi's, they do far less deaths.. however a neighboring city that is full of mostly elderly has an unattended death almost every day.. of course 99% are just "died of old"..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 am