Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

5 posters

JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED]

JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED]

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Are you at least 18+ years of age? Yes - 41

Name: Syan

Gender: Male - But MMO history has shown that my main characters almost always end up being female and non-human (my wife deals with it - hope you can too). It's especially fun for TeamSpeak and Ventrillo!

How did you hear about us: Your post on AoC Forums

We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say? I don't take myself too seriously - I make more fun of myself more than anyone else possible could. I have a somewhat cynical and dry sense of humor but am respectful not to make light of one's beliefs in politics, religion, sexual orientation, etc. - I play MMO's for FUN! Not to be cruel.

What other MMO's have you played if any: My first official MMO was EQ , then DAoC, Horizons, EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO. (of course in the ancient times before MMOs, I was playing Infocom text-based adventures and Sierra Online Games....yay Zork!).

What makes you want to join the clan? I really like your stand on creating a guild that is based on community friendship with active, mature players who respect each other and have a sense of family in and out of game.

And lastly, tell us about yourself: I find myself back in college after being dis-illusioned with my "career" and I am also finding that I am a much better student in my late 30's/early 40's. I have plans to teach English Lit after completing grad school. Since I don't hold down a regular job, my schedule is a bit more sporadic, but also flexible at times. I have a wife who is in nursing and is a loyal DDO player - and a son who is into...well, I'm not quite sure what he is into, but he's a good kid. My family takes priority - always.
    What else? Oh - I love dungeon crawls (especially when it's the whole group's first time) and plan to spend time adventuring and crafting in AoC. I can tell you that I am NOT in beta as of this writing, so it will all be new to me unless something changes within the next month - besides a possible open beta.

Heztac
    Heztac
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 594
    Hammerfist games : AoC - Ret.
    Exerience Points : 147093
    Registration date : 2008-03-24

JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty Re: JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED]

Post by Heztac Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Very nice app Syan. I too am back in college in my mid 40s but the wife (also in nursing) makes me keep my full time job. What a slave driver. Where are you located, we have about 6 members who all live in Phoenix most just found the clan by accident. It will be fun I look forward to meeting you in game. study

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:53 pm

He gets a yes from me and it was sure easy to read with yellow text Very Happy .
    Garrel
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Exerience Points : 147153
    Registration date : 2008-03-20

Post by Garrel Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 pm

looks good but I have never understood the male players having female characters thing scratch
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:37 pm

Yes this is a clear example of a very good app. Was a very nice read.

Welcome aboard! cheers

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:36 am

Garrel wrote:looks good but I have never understood the male players having female characters thing scratch
    I make female toons simple for the fact I will look at it for months or years and they usually look better in gear than the males. Plus it depends on the class. If I decide on a barbarian then I will probably roll a female named Dancer. That was the name I used for my Monk in EQ2 and I liked the concept of an ex dancer dual wielding bringer of pain Very Happy .
    Syan
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Exerience Points : 146709
    Registration date : 2008-04-07

Post by Syan Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:57 am

Garrel wrote:looks good but I have never understood the male players having female characters thing scratch

Yeah - I can respect that, Garell - maybe it comes with age - I got about 20 years on you - but to me an MMO is a roleplaying game - not a play what you are in real life game. I think years of Tomb Raider (Lara Croft) is what made it okay with me. Anyway - I play males too - but since I play in 3rd person - I agree with Kohr - I much prefer the view Twisted Evil

And thanks for the approval!
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148404
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200JOIN - Application Syan [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am

Syan wrote:
    I think years of Tomb Raider (Lara Croft) is what made it okay with me.
    Loved to hate this game. I played it relentlessly, stayed up more hours into the night than should have with work just a few hours away... I can't even begin to tell you how many times I launched the controller across the room in frustration.... this game and series was very fun, addicting, but having to repeat so much of an area if you died, REALLY brought out the worst in me. Luckily, I weaned myself off of it eventually and headed into PC games, probably saving myself an eventual heart attack Laughing
    sutnamada
    sutnamada
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 86
    Exerience Points : 146803
    Registration date : 2008-04-04

Post by sutnamada Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 am

Welcome Syan....hope to battle with u next month.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 pm