Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

2 posters

Funcom looks down at grouping with low level friends.....

Louchar
    Louchar
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145725
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Funcom looks down at grouping with low level friends..... Empty Funcom looks down at grouping with low level friends.....

Post by Louchar Fri May 23, 2008 4:09 pm

So my close friend picks up the game and starts playing the other day. He is L7 and me L23 when I offer to help him out a bit. (Mostly because we are friends and want to play) so we start our own group and I notice every time we fight anything at all I only get 1xp. No big deal I think because I am too advanced for this area anyway and I'm just doing this to help him and hang out.

a bit later I notice he hasn't leveled yet and he was close to L8 when we started. I then asked him how much XP he gets after each kill and he states, "1xp"

I'm like WTF?!

So I kicked him out of my group and asked him to fight another npc. He then reports back that he received something like 236xp.

So of course I realize this is Funcoms way of making sure people can't power level friends. I do understand that but then again who the Fork cares if I want to play with a low level buddy and help pull him through a bit faster? Obviously Funcom does.

Well we still played together but un-grouped and he got all his experience and I just followed him around and kept him alive. I rarely attacked anything, just heal heal heal.

So Funcom; it seems I get the last laugh!
    Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 146056
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Funcom looks down at grouping with low level friends..... Empty Re: Funcom looks down at grouping with low level friends.....

Post by Tethis Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeah even when you take someone as a Student it's the same thing...1xp. The cool thing is that you can buff/heal with Cone and AoE effects without grouping nor hurting their xp.

Tethis
    Kneecap of Mitra

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am