Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

3 posters

Virgil - [APPROVED]

Virgil1

Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty Virgil - [APPROVED]

Post by Virgil1 Thu May 22, 2008 11:34 am

color=red]Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?[/color]
    A) Yes

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) Yes, Im 23.

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) I live in New York City but am orginally from Kentucky. I know a little bit odd but hey I enjoy both the city and country life

Q) Gender:
    A) Male

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) Yes. Well atleast I think so, I read the one telling me how this is not a job application, thank god, and I should check out the forum and all before applying.

Q)
    Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were
    you recruited by someone? If so, who?

A) No, I just saw your message in the Forum post and the thing about waggro basically summed up my life.

Q)Forum name: [The name you will be registering here]
    A) Usually jose331 but I can go with Virgil, since thats my current characters name.

Q) Current haracter name(s): [blank if none]
    A) Virgil, but while I am completely committed to the game, not completely committed to the character.

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A) Again, as mentioned before I found your guild on the forum. I guess I will get to why I was drawn to this guild latter.

Q)
    Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us
    your reason for wanting to leave if you answered yes.

A) No.

Q)
    Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us the
    status of your application if you answered yes.

A) No, I dont like jumping from guild to guild. I would rather find a strong community, create friends, and stay there.

Q)
    What class and level are you? If you're not playing yet, what class do
    you intend to conquer Hyboria with?

A) Im currently a lvl 11 Harrold of Xolti. Again I am flexable and enjoy various roles in an MMO. However, usually I go with something that can get beat on, as I really like to jump in there and save people.

Q)
    We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
    You're a standup comedian you say?

A) I like humor. I dont want to say Im freaking halarious because then there is that expectation. I enjoy not taking an MMO too serious and understanding it is really just a chance to meet knew people and have fun working with them in an interesting envrionment.

Q)
    What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from
    some other games eh? Tell us about them]

A) I played, EQ when I was a young MMOr. However, I never got past 23 because I was convinced that the best way to get XP was to kill the hardest possible creature possible. I think I played the game for 30 days.

I then moved on to WoW which basically dominated 2 years of my life. I started out as a Warrior and was main tank for my guild. After the drama started heating up I took some time off until returning to lvl up a druid to 60 and eventually both characters reached 70. However, after selling my soul to get shiny epics I had lost the drive to play 8 hours at the cost of my GPA, relationship and overall quality of life.

I then moved on to LOTRO but found while it filled the void that WoW left it just was missing that sparkle. There was no strong online friendships to be formed and I needed to give my girlfriend of nearly three years attention.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let us know!]
    A) As a continuation of the last rant I went on. I want to join because of the waggro comment. I need a group of people that understand that people have real lives and cant always log on from 8pm-1 am Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sunday and whenever a world boss spawns.....

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) Jose331

Q)
    Tell us a tidbit or two about you, outside of gaming. Maybe about your
    job, your hobbies, maybe what sports you like to play. Anything you'd
    like to share.

A) So I currently work at a retail company after graduating from College with a degree in Psychology. I was on the Varsity Lightweight crew team and enjoyed a prety sweet life. Now, I live in NYC with my Girlfriend, as mentioned before, and we have a 10lb rat terrior named Kiki.

I enjoy videogames in general as well as anime and computer stuff. I consider myself a lighthearted guy who just wanders through life.

Do you understand
    if approved you may be added to our reserves; where we select
    applicants to join our ranks on an as needed basis.

A) Sure thing but if this occurs I would most likely wonder through the world of Conan and find a group of people that would allow me to learn the game with them.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A) Sure thing

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) So I like beer and bourbon. My girlfriend likes white wine. Everynight we drink white wine until she goes to sleep and then I drink Bourbon. Im not saying Im an alcoholic or reaching out for help here. I just wanted to know if there is anyone here that likes bourbon or can explain why I give in and Drink white wine every night.... Sorry, that comment just popped in there, sorry for the long resume/app.
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 145980
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty Re: Virgil - [APPROVED]

Post by stratien Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

Nice app..

As to why you drink the white wine that your girlfriend WANTS you to drink.... think about it carefully. Most likely the reason is the same reason all guys usually end up doing what their girlfriends want.... sex.

Hope to seee you soon,.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148604
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Approved Applicant
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145806
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Thu May 22, 2008 12:01 pm

See, maybe thats part of it. But the real thing is that I really dont
    mind it unless I think about it. Then, I get all upset at the situation
    as though she forced me to drink white wine, when I picked the bottle
    out in the first place. I picked it out ofcourse because thats what I
    knew she would want to drink.

Maybe I just like white wine... or maybe its all for sex.

Oh and glad to hear that my app wasnt horrible.
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Virgil Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Wow, awesome. Thanks guys, so do I just need to log on when I come home from work and I will be part of the clan.

My work day just got a whole lot better.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148604
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Virgil - [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Virgil - [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 22, 2008 12:10 pm

Yes, get in touch with a member and one of our officers for an invite. Give them a minute or two to verify your membership.
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Virgil Thu May 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Sure thing, thanks a lot.

Sponsored content