Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+5
Brandonius
daeka
Brakkish
BogLord
Edre
9 posters

waypoints / dreamweaver

Edre
    Edre
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 82
    Exerience Points : 145575
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Mood Girly waypoints / dreamweaver

Post by Edre Mon May 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Does anyone have this program and can interpret .bxml files?

Like those found in "c:\Funcom\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Default\Waypoints\"
    BogLord
    BogLord
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 50
    Exerience Points : 145650
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Mood Girly Re: waypoints / dreamweaver

Post by BogLord Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm

does dreamweaver work?
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    waypoints / dreamweaver Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148279
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    waypoints / dreamweaver Left_bar_bleue1000/1200waypoints / dreamweaver Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    waypoints / dreamweaver Left_bar_bleue600/1200waypoints / dreamweaver Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Mon May 19, 2008 6:03 pm

daeka
    daeka
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Exerience Points : 145675
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by daeka Mon May 19, 2008 6:10 pm

I've also started working on a couple small mods for the UI, waypoints being one; the other... changing the damn group indicator on the map. I'll be able to test them when the game cpmes back up if someone doesnt mind grouping so i can troubleshoot to make sure its working.

edit: if anyone has any suggestions for UI changes, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2008 6:32 pm

moved comments to above to his post

Last edited by Kohr on Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added last request)
    daeka
    daeka
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Exerience Points : 145675
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by daeka Mon May 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack edre's thread. I'm going to start a new one for us to post modding related stuff in Tip's.
    Edre
    Edre
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male

Post by Edre Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 pm

It's all tied in together I think. I'm looking to have a method to export waypoints (much like exporting UI) so others can import them instead of having to recreate them or reference an external source.

I believe the waypoints directory holds the key, but can't test yet. User created references must be stored somewhere...

Some of you more familiar with the application side (I'm a network guy Rolling Eyes) might be able to track a little better than I could.

hell, what would be ideal is to have a master file that people could import every few days and call for updates on. We would have each zone 100% mapped in no time.
    Brandonius
    Brandonius
    Forum Noble
    Forum Noble

Male
    Number of posts : 542

Exerience Points : 146262
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Brandonius Mon May 19, 2008 8:26 pm

I don't have Dreamweaver, but it would take about 5 minutes to get it. Not saying that I know how to use it, but I can get a copy no problem. I am sure it wouldn't take to long to figure out how to map these things out.
    Brandonius
    Brandonius
    Forum Noble
    Forum Noble

Male
    Number of posts : 542

Exerience Points : 146262
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Brandonius Mon May 19, 2008 8:28 pm

daeka wrote:I've also started working on a couple small mods for the UI, waypoints being one; the other... changing the damn group indicator on the map. I'll be able to test them when the game cpmes back up if someone doesnt mind grouping so i can troubleshoot to make sure its working.

edit: if anyone has any suggestions for UI changes, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cool, good to have someone around that knows how to do this type of shit. I tend to stay away form programming and stick with the networking etc...

I would love to see a better chat interface, not sure how easy this would be to manipulate though.
    Edre
    Edre
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male

Post by Edre Mon May 19, 2008 8:31 pm

I'll be checking the modified timestamp after waypoint creation to see if there is a particular .bxml file responable. I have a feeling each file is related to a particular zone.

I'm not even 100% dreamweaver w/ the plug-in will help. It was about the only thing multiple googles would bring up.

bounce
    Andond
    Andond
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 63
    Exerience Points : 145625
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by Andond Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Couldnt find the dreamweaver plug in, it was out around the DW8/MX days, doesnt seem to be readily available now, I did however find an eclipse plugin and server side scripts for them. You can open them up in note pad though, and except for the first line, they seem to contain the same information as the xml files in the same folder.

the xml elements look like this

Code:

<Waypoint type="destination" instance="1" tooltip_title="<localized token=MapGUI_RegionMapPOI_CascadeFalls />" tooltip_text="" position="Point(1245.490723,564.935547)" />

it also contains some un commented, un tagged lines
    Code:
    MapGUI_RegionMapPOI_CascadeFalls
    MapGUI_RegionMapPOI_Cascade_Falls

so it looks like the program uses the tooltip_title element to lookup the information in their databases. the position attribute may contain the actual x/y data.
    Edre
    Edre
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male

Post by Edre Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 am

Thanks for checking. I did notice some of the names were identical to their xml counterparts.

I noticed a lot of the "town" type waypoints were explicitly defined but couldn't find my definitions anywhere.
    Louchar
    Louchar
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145725
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Louchar Tue May 20, 2008 10:36 am

I'd love to see a way to move the health/stamina/mana bars around. (The ones located directly on top of out main hot bar).

You can remove them but you can't move them around. Sucks. I removed the target health/stamina/mana bar and placed my 2nd hotbar there. I just wish the UI was completely changeable.

The chat box is fine I guess. I have at least set it up so it works decent enough for me.

I also would love to change the look of the main hot bar and make it more stream lined so I can place more hot bars at the bottom. These abilities will be here eventually.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146215
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Tue May 20, 2008 3:45 pm

does it now save the chat box settings when you log off, i've heard it didnt before
    Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 146056
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Tethis Tue May 20, 2008 5:55 pm

I would like to be able to move my target's info around to another spot since I want to put my hotkeys down where it currently is. Also, as mentioned, the group box is horridly located. I can't seem to find my target's target either right now, so having that located right by my target's info would be optimal.

Thanks for working on any of this if you get to it.

Tethis
    Concubine of Mitra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am