Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+3
lando2169
stratien
Conn
7 posters

Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED]

Zenniste

Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED] Empty Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED]

Post by Zenniste Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 am

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A) I've read every word and the CoC is part of the reason that I am attracted to
    this Guild. These are the sorts of things that help maintain a cohesive
    community and in all honesty, that's what I am looking for.

Q) Are you at least 18+ years of age? [yes, no, actual age is
    optional]

A) I am indeed. I'm currently 31.

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) I live in Dallas, Texas currently, but I've lived all over the U.S.

Q) Gender:
    A) Let me check...Yep, still a guy.

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is
    highly recommended]

A) Yes. They really are interesting to read. It is a shame that this one is so
    utterly boring. Heck, I'm falling asleep as I write it!

Q) Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were you
    recruited by someone? If so, who?

A) Relatives? Play computer games? Now that would be an entertaining proposition!
    I do have friends that will be playing, but none in the guild currently.

Q)Forum name: [The name you will be registering here]
    A) Forum name is Zennister.

Q) Character name(s):
    A) I currently have no characters. I was in Mexico and wasn't able to get into the
    3 day early release before it was closed down. I'll post them when the 20th comes around.

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's,
    etc]

A) I was pouring through the Guilds on the forums and out of the ones I had looked
    at, this is the only one I liked enough to apply to. I guess some of my
    previous experiences have made me rather picky.

Q) Are you currently in any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us your
    reason for wanting to leave if you answered yes.

A) I am not. I had thought about creating my own, but I really don't have the time
    to administer a Guild. Plus, with Guilds like this one around, why should
    I? What a Face

Q) Have you applied to any other Age of Conan guilds? Please tell us the
    status of your application if you answered yes.

A) No. This is the first, and hopefully the only. I'll only apply to another if I
    am rejected. Did I mention I don't like rejection? Angel

Q) What class and level are you? If you're not playing yet, what class do
    you intend to conquer Hyboria with?

A) I've been looking at the Conqueror and the Assassin while in Closed Beta, but I
    do want to try out other classes before I make a firm decision on a primary
    character. I have a feeling that I will be playing a Conqueror as a primary.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a
    standup comedian you say?

A) I think I have a good sense of humor, though it can be a little dry at times. I
    suppose I can be the class clown at times. Wait, we can’t play clowns in Conan,
    right?

Q) What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from some other
    games eh? Tell us about them]

A)Let’s see…I’ve played DAOC, CoH, CoV, Star Wars (Not for long), Matrix (Not for long),
    WoW, Tabula Rasa and a lot more I’m probably forgetting. Played LOTRO as well,
    but the Guild I was in wasn’t really all that friendly and I quit soon after I
    started.

I don’t know that I have any specific skills that other MMO players don’t use on a
    daily basis. I simply enjoy having a strong community to talk with and enjoy
    the game with. I normally stop playing a game when my friends leave or when
    there’s a horrible amount of drama.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other AoC guilds? [let
    us know!]

A) Maturity. A good Code of Conduct. A great website. A large number of people.
    The Guild is a relaxed, casual place (from what I’ve read) that suits what I
    need in a Guild.

Q) What is your forum name on the official AoC forums?
    A) Zennister. There might be a trend developing!

Q) Tell us a tidbit or two about you, outside of gaming. Maybe about your
    job, your hobbies, maybe what sports you like to play. Anything you'd
    like to share.

A) I’m working on an MBA at UTD in an honors fast track program that
    starts every fall and lasts for 16 months (53 hours in 16 months…sucks). I was
    in the Air Force from 1995-1999 and spent time in Okinawa, Japan and Dayton,
    Ohio. In general, I play strategic war games (at least that’s what I call
    Warhammer), but it is mainly for the social interaction and the community that
    exists where I play. In that, I suppose I’ve got a pretty good artistic streak
    which is why I enjoy the modeling and painting more than the actual playing of
    the game. When I finish my MBA, I’m hoping to move to the Northwest and open
    a brewpub with a close friend of mine. We both brew and like to see the enjoyment
    others get from what we make, so it seemed like the right thing to do!

Q) Do you understand if approved you will be added to our reserves; where we select
    applicants to join our ranks on an as needed basis.

A) Yes. I’ll admit this is a bit frustrating for me, but hopefully I’ll be asked to
    join by the time I get a character to level 20 and out of Tortage. To me, the
    game isn’t about just leveling, it’s about having people to talk and joke with,
    which is why doing the first 20 levels without that is a little disappointing.

Q) Please remember to register here on these forums.

A) Done before I wrote this.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) Is there cake and punch?
    Conn
    Conn
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Exerience Points : 146131
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED] Empty Re: Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED]

Post by Conn Sun May 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome, nice app .Hang in there brother GL
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 145980
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED] Empty Re: Zennister - Join! [APPROVED - ACTIVATED]

Post by stratien Sun May 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Well looks like we got another cake person here. I liked the app and he gets points from me for being ex-military.

1) Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?

2) What most did you enjoy about Okinawa?
    Zenniste

Post by Zenniste Sun May 18, 2008 1:49 pm

1. Chocolate ice cream for the win! But I have a huge sweet tooth, so most anything that is chocolatey gets my attention pretty quick.

2. Okinawa was fun for a lot of reasons. I actually enjoyed working there a lot because of the kind of culture that it brewed among the people that I was seeing on a daily basis. I mean, what other job breaks down at lunch every friday and BBQs? But the snorkeling was incredible and is probably top of my list for things I did while I was there.
    lando2169
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 35
    Exerience Points : 145928
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by lando2169 Sun May 18, 2008 1:53 pm

good luck in school and let me know when you open your pub.

vote him in!
    Streppoch
    Streppoch
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 466

Exerience Points : 146396
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Streppoch Sun May 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Zenniste wrote:1. Chocolate ice cream for the win! But I have a huge sweet tooth, so most anything that is chocolatey gets my attention pretty quick.

2. Okinawa was fun for a lot of reasons. I actually enjoyed working there a lot because of the kind of culture that it brewed among the people that I was seeing on a daily basis. I mean, what other job breaks down at lunch every friday and BBQs? But the snorkeling was incredible and is probably top of my list for things I did while I was there.

I like cheap chocolate ice cream (like Hood's) and expensive vanilla ice cream (like Breyer's). But my favourite is the Hoodsie cups. Wooden spoon-like things ftw!
    Zenneste

Post by Zenneste Sun May 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks Lando. I graduate in December, but the pub is going to take a little longer to get off the ground. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it opens up somewhere in the northwest. bounce

And Streppoch, I try not to keep anything more than a small carton of ice cream in the apartment since I'm terrible about just sitting around and muching. I think I need to go get some now that I'm thinking about it though...stupid cravings. pig
    Syan
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Exerience Points : 146909
    Registration date : 2008-04-07

Post by Syan Sun May 18, 2008 6:41 pm

I like your app.

my vote = yes
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146257
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Sun May 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Great app, prior military, going for a Masters, AND wants to open a brew pub! Good thing I'm straight, and happily married... Wink

Got my vote for sure! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

As for 'soloing' for a while; I doubt that you'll have too. I believe that you can hang with us on vent, and in groups; it just adds to your status for active duty...

Hope to see ya in game, and looking forward to active membership!

Cheers!
    Zenniste

Post by Zenniste Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 am

Thank you Syan! What a Face

I wasn't sure if I was able to hangout in Vent without being an activated member, so thanks Rhodar. I'll check up on that assuming I'm accepted. It'll help me get to know all of you better, too, which will help. Seldszar is pretty stoked about it as well.
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 145900
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Guerre Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Rhodar wrote:Great app, prior military, going for a Masters, AND wants to open a brew pub!

Dito!

Don't think you ask much more of a guildy, but I will. Surprised

Have done any MMO crafting or harvesting? Are you willing to give up either hard earned coin or resources to support the guild? What do you expect from the guild besides community?

Good luck! Thumbs Up
    Syan
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Exerience Points : 146909
    Registration date : 2008-04-07

Post by Syan Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Approved Applicant

Welcome to the reserves! You will be contacted when a slot opens up
    within our active ranks. In the meantime feel free to participate in
    our public forum areas and group with some of our members on Vent and
    in game. Although entirely optional, effort in getting to know some of
    our members may help in expediting your initiation into our active
    ranks.
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 145980
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by stratien Mon May 19, 2008 10:21 pm

WELCOME!!!!
    Rhodar
    Rhodar
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 595

Exerience Points : 146257
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Rhodar Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Welcome to the reserves! welcome

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:06 am