Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

This better not keep me form getting to play saturday...

Kalvatar
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 69
    Exerience Points : 145950
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

This better not keep me form getting to play saturday... Empty This better not keep me form getting to play saturday...

Post by Kalvatar Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 pm

So while I wait for my college loans to come in so I can actually build my new computer, I was going to combine my bf's and my computers, since my processor was too slow, and his vid card sucks. Well, everything was going well until the I put my video card in, and the monitor keeps giving me a screen saver type thing that says "Video mode not supported." I can't even boot in safe mode without it giving me that error. I also tried putting in the old video card and setting the res to the lowest setting, and that wont work either. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Fellin
    Fellin
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 188

Exerience Points : 145787
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

This better not keep me form getting to play saturday... Empty Re: This better not keep me form getting to play saturday...

Post by Fellin Thu May 15, 2008 3:12 pm

What type of card was in there? Check in the bios to see if you need to check anything. Sometimes there is a selector in the bios that says pci/agp or whatever.
    Fregarum
    Fregarum
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 133

Hammerfist games : Age Of Conan
    Exerience Points : 147253
    Registration date : 2008-03-11

This better not keep me form getting to play saturday... Empty Re: This better not keep me form getting to play saturday...

Post by Fregarum Thu May 15, 2008 3:15 pm

have you tried both of the monitors? If you moved to a different monitor, and it doesn't happen to support the video mode that the graphics card is set to run in, it can cause problems. It is strange that you can't even get into safe mode. If you can manage to get into safe mode, try and go with VGA mode enabled, that should default you to 800x600 in most cases, then uninstall any and all video drivers on the machine and then install the most up to date version of the proper drivers for your card.
    Louchar
    Louchar
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145700
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Louchar Thu May 15, 2008 3:15 pm

is that best friend or boy friend? (just wondering).

anyway; I take it you plopped your video card into his pc without uninstalling his card first? Including drivers? What kind of display does he have? you might want to hook his display up to the pc to get into windows and then adjust the refresh rate for your display and resolution as well. Then it should work fine.
    Fregarum
    Fregarum
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 133

Hammerfist games : Age Of Conan
    Exerience Points : 147253
    Registration date : 2008-03-11

Post by Fregarum Thu May 15, 2008 3:17 pm

what he said ^^ lol
    Kalvatar
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male

Post by Kalvatar Thu May 15, 2008 3:31 pm

i forgot about the refresh rate, i will try that and see what happens...
    Kalvatar
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male

Post by Kalvatar Thu May 15, 2008 4:19 pm

It turned out that my monitor would not use my video card before it was installed, so i had to use his crappy ancient monitor to install the stuff, and now it works. I really hope that things go smoother when I put together my new pc...this has been one hell of a day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am