Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

Some suggestions for potential applicants.

Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 145521
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Some suggestions for potential applicants. Empty Some suggestions for potential applicants.

Post by Stigma Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:45 pm

So I'm fairly new here myself, but it's not hard to quickly learn what this clan is looking for, and I'm here to help you get accepted. First off, you need to actually read the rules, bylaws, and whatnot of the guild. Are we going to test you on it? No, but if you can't be bothered to read a minute's worth of text, you probably are not for us. Second, read Jade's comments in the application thread. She's trying to help you, you goon. Third, heed the four wise points of Drunken Master Dao:

1. We are not a 1337 Gaming Guild. You don't need to impress us with paragraphs of gaming experience. In fact, the more you tout your gaming skillz, the more you'll likely make us nervous. What we want to know is that you're aware of what the letters in "MMO" stand for. That you have experience is good; that you have experience is not key. More on this in a moment.

2. It takes more than a sentence. If it isn't a yes or no question don't give us a yes or no answer. Short answers to questions that beg long answers make us think you couldn't be bothered to try.

3. Lurk a little. We may not be the type of clan you're looking for. Make sure we are, both for our sake and for yours.

4. This isn't a job application - it's a personality quiz. Here's the bottom line, and if you listen to nothing else I say, listen to this: our goal with this application is to get a sense of who you are. If you tell us only about your gaming experience, we'll think you have nothing to say outside of gaming. We want to know who you are as a person, because we're frankly not interested in building a clan of powergamers with boring personalities. Look at it this way: we're all sitting at a bar drinking. You walk up to us. We have a tab running, we've got good looking men and women tossing back quality beer (Belgian and Irish beer only, none of that shitty Bud Light you frat boys guzzle), and we all want to know if you've got what it takes to not harsh our buzz. This isn't a game application; it's a social scene, and we want you to fit in with us socially, not "gamistically". (I just made up that word.)

So take this application as your opportunity to show us that we want to buy you a round, and welcome you into the fold. As any right proper guild should be, we are a group of people first, and a gaming collective second. How you socialize with us on here and on Vent will be just as important as how you play in game, and if you bore us out here, you'll never see us in there. Capiche?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm