Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

Perfectworld MMO

Klem
    Klem
    Grunt

Male
    Number of posts : 9
    Perfectworld MMO Flag_a14
    Hammerfist games : LOTRO
    Exerience Points : 141075
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Perfectworld MMO Empty Perfectworld MMO

Post by Klem Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:24 am

Has anyone played this free MMO? I would love to hear about any first-hand gaming experiences.
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/
    Nomad
    Nomad
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 598

Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 142240
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

Perfectworld MMO Empty Re: Perfectworld MMO

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 pm

I have heard its pretty nice, however everything is a grind. However free is a good price Smile

Also I understand that everything is micro-transactional, so the basic stuff is free, but to get anything decent you have to pay to play.
    Klem
    Klem
    Grunt

Male

Post by Klem Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:52 am

Free is nice!

I was able to play for a few minutes last night. I was quite surprised of the quality of graphics and the endless character customizations (check out the advanced settings for the face * affraid *). Really cool stuff. In game looked really nice too, but I was only on for like 5 minutes so I didnt venture past the intial starting area. There was a wide variaty of characters around me and the mobs near by were quite interesting looking. It is very WOW-esq from what I can tell. Oh and jumping is fun bounce!

Yes, there is a shop to buy items with real money. From my initial readings, it seems like you can still get good stuff in game; it may take longer, but you can get it. Some items can only be bought through the store.

My only major problem so far is the fact that you cannot change key-bindings or resize the UI. High res settings will make the UI not unusable but kinda small. Hopefully the the Devs will fix this in a later patch. The suggestions forum has this listed as an issue.

I think this may be something my Fiance and I can play together since she does not have a LOTRO account. I will try to keep ya'll posted, the more I get to play it. My name is dragontricks on the Sanctuary server if anyone wants to find me.

Laters,
    K
    Breygon
    Breygon
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 378
    Perfectworld MMO Flag_w10

Hammerfist games : LOTRO, Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 143095
    Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guiding Light
    Health:
    Perfectworld MMO Left_bar_bleue2000/2000Perfectworld MMO Empty_bar_bleue  (2000/2000)
    Mana:
    Perfectworld MMO Left_bar_bleue20000/20000Perfectworld MMO Empty_bar_bleue  (20000/20000)

Post by Breygon Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:18 pm

I've downloaded the client and I'll probably give it a try.
    Lorahand
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1093

Hammerfist games : LOTRO and Darkfall
    Exerience Points : 145495
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Lorahand Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Yep i have played it since beta and I enjoy it whenever I get the time
    Breygon
    Breygon
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 378
    Perfectworld MMO Flag_w10

Hammerfist games : LOTRO, Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 143095
    Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guiding Light
    Health:
    Perfectworld MMO Left_bar_bleue2000/2000Perfectworld MMO Empty_bar_bleue  (2000/2000)
    Mana:
    Perfectworld MMO Left_bar_bleue20000/20000Perfectworld MMO Empty_bar_bleue  (20000/20000)

Post by Breygon Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Well, I downloaded the client, registered for an account, however, the verification is failing. (sigh) Has not been a good weekend for me.

I sent the support address an email about this but I have not heard back thus far. I'll see if I get a response tomorrow. (Figuring that nobody id minding the mail box over the weekend.)
    Klem
    Klem
    Grunt

Male

Post by Klem Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 am

Breygon wrote:Well, I downloaded the client, registered for an account, however, the verification is failing. (sigh) Has not been a good weekend for me.

I sent the support address an email about this but I have not heard back thus far. I'll see if I get a response tomorrow. (Figuring that nobody id minding the mail box over the weekend.)

So the verification link is not working? I would just try to create a new account; who knows how long until support gets back with you...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am