Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

    Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Share
    avatar
    Therionas
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

    Male
    Number of posts : 243
    Location : Florida

    Hammerfist games : Will be playing WarHammer!!!
    Exerience Points : 81950
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

    Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Therionas on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 pm

    Been having some troubles with my system as of late and begining to see like it is a mix of Warhammer and Vent on my Vista system that might be the cause. Anyone else had these issues? For the record I do I.T. work for a living so have done a great deal of the basic trouble shooting though I will be double checking my audio drivers again this evening.
    I know ventrilo client is a alpha client for Vista so that is not helping I imagine.

    Oh and I mean the system is freezing up completely or BSOD, not just crashing to desktop.
    avatar
    Nomad
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

    Male
    Number of posts : 598
    Age : 41
    Location : Atlanta, GA


    Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 81990
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Nomad on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm

    Therionas wrote:Been having some troubles with my system as of late and begining to see like it is a mix of Warhammer and Vent on my Vista system that might be the cause. Anyone else had these issues? For the record I do I.T. work for a living so have done a great deal of the basic trouble shooting though I will be double checking my audio drivers again this evening.
    I know ventrilo client is a alpha client for Vista so that is not helping I imagine.

    Oh and I mean the system is freezing up completely or BSOD, not just crashing to desktop.

    I would start eliminating issues, I'd uninstall vent then run for awhile and see if you freeze up, did you check your cpu fan? do you have any temp monitoring software?

    alternately you can try to restore from the last time you know you didnt have a problem, might resolve it if the other options i mentioned dont work.


    _________________
    Pttfff, too many characters my arse....
    avatar
    Therionas
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

    Male
    Number of posts : 243
    Location : Florida

    Hammerfist games : Will be playing WarHammer!!!
    Exerience Points : 81950
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Therionas on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:51 pm

    Yeah the end of lastnight I played for a bit with no vent and it seemed to be ok at the time.

    I checked the temps on MB, CPU and GPU, all were sitting where they always do with no heat issues. I Am still using Warhammer from the beta so could also try uninstalling completely and reinstalling off the disc to see if that helps any. I will know more when I get home since I did not get to poke at it as much as I would have liked lastnight.

    I did run the COD5 beta fine for 45min or so with no crashing so unlikely its the graphics card unless the drivers are not playing with War well.
    avatar
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

    Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Age : 43
    Location : Puddlte Town Oregon


    Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 81588
    Registration date : 2008-09-22


    Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guardian
    Health:
    10/9999999  (10/9999999)
    Mana:
    0/200  (0/200)

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by attius on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:11 pm

    Therionas wrote:Yeah the end of lastnight I played for a bit with no vent and it seemed to be ok at the time.

    I checked the temps on MB, CPU and GPU, all were sitting where they always do with no heat issues. I Am still using Warhammer from the beta so could also try uninstalling completely and reinstalling off the disc to see if that helps any. I will know more when I get home since I did not get to poke at it as much as I would have liked lastnight.

    I did run the COD5 beta fine for 45min or so with no crashing so unlikely its the graphics card unless the drivers are not playing with War well.

    I have a brand new laptop running V64

    I have had one Freeze of the game, without vent

    I do use vent but very rarely. I have had very few CTD, and no BSOD, and only the 1 freeze. I have disconnected once from an RVR got punted to the server login screen couldn't log in, and was forced to restart WAR..

    I am running the beta client as well

    So 1 Freeze had to hold down power button to power down, 1 RVR Disconnect.. that's it.
    however I infrequently run Vent.. I am planning on an RVR night 1 week from Thursday with the team so if Rave Freezes we may have something in common (she get the laptop for RVR since it is the best comp in the house)


    _________________

    avatar
    Ulfaro
    Wild MILF Hunter
    Wild MILF Hunter

    Male
    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 48
    Location : [97:3]

    <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="1000th post mark!"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Founding Member of a Hammerfist MMO"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Frequent Commentator"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Forum Camper "> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Jester Award"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Clan Ambassador - 2008 "> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Say it with a picture. Photo opportunist."> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Donation(s) of $5 or greater."> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="4 months or more as a member"><img src="http://www.pixaloop.com/images/pillager.jpg" TITLE="Pillager - earned booty pillaging! [Ikariam]">
    Hammerfist games : Ikariam
    Exerience Points : 82416
    Registration date : 2008-08-15


    Character sheet
    Forum Class: Orc
    Health:
    1/2  (1/2)
    Mana:
    1/2  (1/2)

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Ulfaro on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:05 pm

    i had similar issues. but it got solved when i did this:

    reinstalled the directx drivers.
    reinstalled the video drivers.
    installed vent 32 bit.

    no more BSOD and no more CTDs.

    It did fix it though.


    _________________



    avatar
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Male
    Number of posts : 1093
    Age : 35
    Location : Indianapolis, IN


    Hammerfist games : LOTRO and Darkfall
    Exerience Points : 85245
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Lorahand on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:13 pm

    I have vent, vista 64bit and warhammer all running, and never come across a problem other then a random crash to a desktop here and there


    _________________


    avatar
    Ulfaro
    Wild MILF Hunter
    Wild MILF Hunter

    Male
    Number of posts : 1401
    Age : 48
    Location : [97:3]

    <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="1000th post mark!"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Founding Member of a Hammerfist MMO"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Frequent Commentator"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Forum Camper "> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Jester Award"> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Clan Ambassador - 2008 "> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Say it with a picture. Photo opportunist."> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="Donation(s) of $5 or greater."> <img src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif" TITLE="4 months or more as a member"><img src="http://www.pixaloop.com/images/pillager.jpg" TITLE="Pillager - earned booty pillaging! [Ikariam]">
    Hammerfist games : Ikariam
    Exerience Points : 82416
    Registration date : 2008-08-15


    Character sheet
    Forum Class: Orc
    Health:
    1/2  (1/2)
    Mana:
    1/2  (1/2)

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Ulfaro on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:21 pm

    I have the beta client as well Attius..

    OH...4th thing i did was a full file check.

    And like I said, the BSOD and CTDs stopped.

    --------------------
    my system: Vista64, 8800GT, EVGA 750i


    _________________



    avatar
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

    Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Age : 43
    Location : Puddlte Town Oregon


    Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 81588
    Registration date : 2008-09-22


    Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guardian
    Health:
    10/9999999  (10/9999999)
    Mana:
    0/200  (0/200)

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by attius on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:25 pm

    Ulfaro wrote:I have the beta client as well Attius..

    OH...4th thing i did was a full file check.

    And like I said, the BSOD and CTDs stopped.

    --------------------
    my system: Vista64, 8800GT, EVGA 750i

    Thanks bro,

    My system is stable at this point, I may try the full file check.. also the 32 bit vent may be the way to go. I have updated my video driver but not the Sound one..

    I am not going to try to fix something that is working lol


    _________________

    avatar
    Therionas
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

    Male
    Number of posts : 243
    Location : Florida

    Hammerfist games : Will be playing WarHammer!!!
    Exerience Points : 81950
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Therionas on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 pm

    So looking like I figured my problem out. My Creative soundcard did not like something with War it seems. I took it out and using onboard sound and has fun fine in game for a few hours. That was after already trying the remove beta, reinstall off disk.
    avatar
    attius
    Team Leader HS
    Team Leader HS

    Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Age : 43
    Location : Puddlte Town Oregon


    Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 81588
    Registration date : 2008-09-22


    Character sheet
    Forum Class: Guardian
    Health:
    10/9999999  (10/9999999)
    Mana:
    0/200  (0/200)

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by attius on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 am

    Therionas wrote:So looking like I figured my problem out. My Creative soundcard did not like something with War it seems. I took it out and using onboard sound and has fun fine in game for a few hours. That was after already trying the remove beta, reinstall off disk.


    I have it on a good source that MS Screwed everyone with sound drivers for V64, switched something at the last possible minute, and caused no end of issues for companies and future users..

    When in recent history as sound drivers really mattered for things like games... that was until v64.. lol so makes lots of sense


    _________________


    Sponsored content

    Re: Warhammer + Vista 64bit + Vent = crashing pc?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 am