Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

3 posters

Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'?

Tiberius
    Tiberius
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 118
    Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'? Flag_a14
    Hammerfist games : Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 141825
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'? Empty Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'?

Post by Tiberius Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:23 am

I know that question probably sounds funny. The game runs great with one small exception. Every minute or two I get a game freeze for about a second. Almost like a 'hic-up' if you will, where the screen freezes and a second later everything is normal.

This happens if I'm somewhere solo or around a lot of people so I know it's not related to that. It pretty much seems to happen every few minutes on average. I'm wondering if there's some sort of hardware conflict going on. Any tech guru's in our guild that can help?

Thanks! Very Happy
    Brodrik
    Brodrik
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 66

Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 142300
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'? Empty Re: Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'?

Post by Brodrik Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am

I've had that kind of thing happen, but not often enough to pay it much notice. Certainly I get a pretty heavy lag when I cross between zones in a tier (so there's no loading screen), which is presumably from loading data and doing memory management.
    Sleep
    Sleep
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76

Hammerfist games : WAR
    Exerience Points : 142303
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Sleep Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:53 am

are you running in vista under a wireless network? If so, it is a "feature" of vista where it is doing a search for other networks (happens about every minute or so). I had the same exact thing (and so did thousands of other people) and the worse thing is that there's no way to turn this "feature" off within vista.

But what you CAN do is download a program to stop it from happening.

http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/downloads.php <--- go there, download the program, and have it running in the backround while you play.
    Tiberius
    Tiberius
    Casual Poster
    Casual Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 118
    Anyone else getting a 'quick lag'? Flag_a14
    Hammerfist games : Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 141825
    Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post by Tiberius Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Just as an update... I have fixed the 'hicup' problem. I checked everything I could for updates (Video, sound, directX, etc). It ended up being my sound card of all things. I have a top of the line sound card but it apparently had 3 critical updates. After updating the sound card I logged back into WAR and no more hicups! Woot!

Thought I would put that here as it is not something I would have expected to cause a video issue. If anyone else has or gets the 'hicup' issue, updates are most likely the issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am