Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+8
Zotar
Amnestie
Earathien
Brakkish
Lorahand
Paranoia
Nomad
Andway
12 posters

DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED]

Sohjinn
    Sohjinn
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 79
    DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED] - Page 2 Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : Warhammer
    Exerience Points : 142125
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED]

Post by Sohjinn Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:40 am

Nicely written indeed old boy. Thumbs up from me, provided you can answer the following questions:

1. How 'limey' would you say you are?

2. Will 'Tea Time' be a disrupting influence on your gaming schedule?

3. Are Canadians really British subjects, or are they simply a 'Pity colony'?

4. Which would you say epitomises the phrase 'Awesome as a hamster', John Cleese or Eric Idle?
    DiaLogical
    DiaLogical
    Grunt

Number of posts : 5
    Exerience Points : 141950
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: DiaLogical - Join WAR [APPROVED]

Post by DiaLogical Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Ha, I'm not British by birth (originally from Belgium), so I wouldn't call me too limey (yet)!
    Tea time shouldn't be influencing my gaming schedule, although I must admit I'm totally addicted to tea, and when at home I'm probably accompanied by a cup at any given time (damn, that might make me more 'limey' than I thought I was). If all works out I can do a master year in the States next year at Hopkins, I should definitely take that chance even if it was for un-Britishing (that can't be right) myself!

Canadians, hm I guess if they were British subjects the lovely queen wouldn't allow harboring French-speakers amongst them.

Last one is difficult, I'd just go for Cleese and hope I win.. something Smile
    Sohjinn
    Sohjinn
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male

Post by Sohjinn Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:52 pm

DiaLogical wrote:Ha, I'm not British by birth (originally from Belgium), so I wouldn't call me too limey (yet)!

Ah yes, Belgium, the country that started WWII. If you only hadn't invaded Germany, none of it would have happened! Very Happy
    DiaLogical
    DiaLogical
    Grunt

Post by DiaLogical Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 pm

You sure it's not some kind of intelligent-design history book you got that from? Wink

"The starting date of the war is generally held to be September 1939 with the German invasion of Poland and subsequent declarations of war on Germany by the United Kingdom, France and the British Dominions.[4][5]
    However, as a result of other events, many belligerents entered the war
    before or after this date, during a period which spanned from 1937 to
    1941. Amongst these main events are the Marco Polo Bridge Incident, the start of Operation Barbarossa and the attack on Pearl Harbor and British and Netherlands colonies in South East Asia."
    Sohjinn
    Sohjinn
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male

Post by Sohjinn Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

DiaLogical wrote:You sure it's not some kind of intelligent-design history book you got that from? Wink

"The starting date of the war is generally held to be September 1939 with the German invasion of Poland and subsequent declarations of war on Germany by the United Kingdom, France and the British Dominions.[4][5]
    However, as a result of other events, many belligerents entered the war
    before or after this date, during a period which spanned from 1937 to
    1941. Amongst these main events are the Marco Polo Bridge Incident, the start of Operation Barbarossa and the attack on Pearl Harbor and British and Netherlands colonies in South East Asia."

Lies!! Lies and deceit! It's a well known fact that Belgium has always had it's eye on France and germany, and deliberatly provoked the peaceful german people into invading so that they could then spring forth a sneak attack on both countries, whose peaceful defense forces would have been weakened by the duplicitous efforts of the Belgian people! The subsequent invasion of Belgium by Germany was simply a ruse to keep the world from knowing Belgium's involvment.

Ha! You and your 'facts' are no match for my mighty American Imagineering!
    DiaLogical
    DiaLogical
    Grunt

Post by DiaLogical Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Well in that case, it's probably the pesky, arrogant French part of Belgium which started it all and not the Dutch! Ha!

jk)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am