Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

3 posters

Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED]

Twitch1

Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Empty Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED]

Post by Twitch1 Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Q) What MMO do you currently have the most interest in playing?
    A) Currently I have taken a shine to Lord of the Rings Online.I beta tested it, but was in a committed relationship with WoW at the time. She can be a bit fickle and didn't like me hanging around other MMOs. Other than LotRO I am looking forward to the (still a ways away) release of Stargate Worlds. But thats going to be a while.

Q) Have you read our Code of Conduct and Forum Rules?
    A)Yes I have.

Q) Are you at least 18 years of age? [yes, no, actual age is optional]
    A) I am 20, quickly approaching 21 this coming November.

Q) Have you read at least one of our example applications? [this is highly recommended]
    A) I have read through a few of them. So yes.

Q)
    Do you have any relatives or friends currently in the guild, or were
    you recruited by someone? If so, who?

A) I currently dont know anyone in the guild very well. But I was asking in game where a good place to look for a fun casual Kin was and I was reffered to this here website by Bighorn. After reading through the site I thought I would apply.

Q) Name: [planned in game/forum name]
    A) In game my character is Beogarrd, Male hunter from Dale. My forum name would be probably just be my real life nickname, which is Twitch.

Q) Gender: [female, male]
    A) Male

Q) What region do you live in? [City and State is fine.]
    A) I am currently studying and living in cheery Worcester, MA

Q) How did you hear about us: [friend, another member, forum, google, other mmo's, etc]
    A)I met a member in game who refered me to the site, and I decided to apply after looking around.

Q) Are you currently in any other AoC, LOTRO, or Warhammer guilds?
    A)Nope, I just started playing LotRO and wanted to find a good group of people to stay and play the game with.

Q) Have you applied to any other guilds?
    A) Nope. This would be my first choice.

Q)
    We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
    You're a standup comedian you say?

A) I have been told I have a good sense of humor, usually leaning towards the side of sarcasm. I enjoy a good laugh, though not at the expense of other peoples feelings. Making fun does not equal Having fun is what I would always say if I always said something.

Q)
    What other MMO's have you played if any: [Acquired a few skills from
    some other games eh? Tell us about them]

A) Oh the list goes on and on. Way back when I started gaming with a friend in UO. Then I decided to be a bounty hunter in SWG. Soon after Sony changed the game on me I move off of MMOs for a while, until I got pulled into the beast that is WoW by my girlfriend at the time. I played WoW about 6 different times over 4 years (with the occasional break) and did everything from having alt-itis to being my guilds main tank through MC and Onyxia (well before BC came out). Also held an officer position for a while as warrior class leader and recruiter. Then, overt he course of several breaks from WoW I beta tested LotRO, and PotBS, did a stint in EVE, and had some time in both CoH and CoV.

I have been around the proverbial block.

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other guilds? [let us know!]
    A)I love the casual atmosphere you present. From talking with Bighorn it seems like a really friendly place to game where people help each other out and just want to have a good time. In every game I have played that is the exact kind of group I look for when im trying to find people to play with.

Q)
    Please tell a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some
    hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.

A) Well, my Name is Sean, I am currently studying Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and paying far too much money to do so. I am weeks away from starting my senior year, though I am hoping to go into graduate studies in business before I head out into that thing called the real world.

Over the years I have had many hobbies, other than gaming. I played Warhammer (the table top game) for about 6 or 7 years, before it just got to be too much money for me, and I had to sell my 6 armies to pay for books. I also have been in several different DnD groups with friends around school. I also am getting into some basic web and graphic design for fun. and I enjoy writing even though I am not that good at it.

I have backed my engineering degree with taking a bunch of classes on philosophy and religion, just to understand more of the world around me. And I love reading at the local coffee shop. Can coffee be a hobby? if so im a bit of a coffee snob.

And favorite story... because I like that question. Would definately have to be Stardust by Neil Gaiman. just a really good fantasy romance comedy. I just like his writing in general. Though I will always have a special place on my bookshelf for the works of Tolkein and C.S Lewis, seeing as thier stories inspired me to become such an avid reader.

Please remember to register here on these forums.
    A) I will remember to do that.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) What does it have in its pocketses?

But seriously, I guess one thing I really love in LotRO is the crafting (I have spent so much time farming in staddle, its kind of silly) my biggest question would be: is there a history of people helping each other out with crafting. Like trading items and just generally being friendly and not trying to take people who dont know as much about the game?

And on that note. Thanks for taking the time to review this application. This Kin seems like a great bunch of people. Hope to see you all in the game.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 147529
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED] Empty Re: Twitch - Join LotRO [APPROVED]

Post by Brakkish Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
    A) What does it have in its pocketses?

But seriously, I guess one thing I really love in LotRO is the crafting (I have spent so much time farming in staddle, its kind of silly) my biggest question would be: is there a history of people helping each other out with crafting. Like trading items and just generally being friendly and not trying to take people who dont know as much about the game?
    Yes, items are traded freely. It's very rare to ever see items/materials being offered for monetary gain.

Welcome aboard Smile
    Baradain
    Baradain
    LOTRO Guild Master
    LOTRO Guild Master

Male
    Number of posts : 248

Exerience Points : 142918
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by Baradain Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Well met!
    I liked the application.
    I will try to get in touch with you in game soon.
    Twitch
    Twitch
    Grunt

Number of posts : 5
    Exerience Points : 142525
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by Twitch Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

I can mostly be found in and around Bree-town. Im currently level 17-something I think. BUt im having a blast in the game so far. Looking forward to having a good group of people to play with.

Thanks again for the acceptance and looking over the application to begin with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am