Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 145050
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Hungry Hungry Hippo Empty Hungry Hungry Hippo

Post by Rhuu Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

On our second Alchy resorce run we decided to hit up the Oasis off of Purple Lotus Swamp to look for rare drops. Now while we were there we came across a giant horn on a little island in the middle of the map. Curiousity took over and one of us clicked the horn. Out of nowhere came a giant Hungry Hippo that went crazy and ran around the place, we tried to attack him but were unable. We also took screen shots that are floating in the forums somewhere.

Now I bring this up for a reason. After chatting with Ador some new light has been shed. Turns out when he and some high level guildies went to the same place, they figured out something we Alchy's missed.

When you click the horn and summon the Hippo, he also spawns a bunch of marbles that you need to run around and collect, and if you and your party collect enough, you aggro the Hippo. I belive he has a good drop as well.

For those of you high levels who were with Ador when you did this, please fill in any blanks and correct me if im wrong. Just thought this is info that is not out there yet and wanted to share.
    EvilDream
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 309
    Exerience Points : 145109
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Hungry Hungry Hippo Empty Re: Hungry Hungry Hippo

Post by EvilDream Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

You got it pretty much right. Here's the tactic we use that Max figured out a little while back.

If your in a group of 6 we have one person stand at the horn and the other 5 space themselves out around the lake.

After the horn is blown, a bunch of yellow, blue and black marbles appear and you all go around and collect them prior to the hippo coming and eating them.

When you've collected the marbles the hippo continues to run around the pond for a bit and then settles in one spot and stays neutral. Neutral meaning you can attack him but he won't automatically agro on you.

Every time I've ran it he spawns at level 79 whether the instance was set to 72-80

Buff up attack the hippo, he hits pretty good so be ready for a fun fight. As to not spoil everything try your knockbacks a few times I think you'll find some fun if you do.

Thanks to maximilian for spending a few hours one night figuring it out.
    Arielyn
    Arielyn
    Puny Poster
    Puny Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 23
    Exerience Points : 144200
    Registration date : 2008-06-13

Hungry Hungry Hippo Empty .

Post by Arielyn Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am

sorry. I didn't expect my avatar to cause so much trouble already affraid
    Rhuu