Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

5 posters

LordOrion Speaks about some changes

Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146175
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

LordOrion Speaks about some changes Empty LordOrion Speaks about some changes

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 am

Edit* They made a sticky of all his responses: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=78108

Thread is here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=77845&page=16

Hes not listed as a dev so dev tracker doesnt work. Here is one of his answers to questions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruktuim
    I think a few questions we all would like answered are:

Questions:
    1: Do you plain to implement a "Jail system" to AoC.

2: Can you give us any details on the specifics of the PvP system and what it entails?

3: Is crafting going to be revamped?

4: Are Feat problems being worked on?

5: Will quests be added for 60 - 80 level range?

6: Can I have candy?
    Answers:
    1. There are no plans for a jail system.

2. No, this will be revealed on Friday.

3. We will be enhancing it, yes.

4. We are working on all problems.

5. Yes, actually quite soon.

6. Age of Conan is candy.
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male

LordOrion Speaks about some changes Empty Re: LordOrion Speaks about some changes

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:42 am

Page 1. Has a picture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LordOrion
    Psst... I'm not supposed to show you this until Friday, but hey.

Just don't tell anyone.

Page 8. This is about why there are no sieges.

Quote:
    Ah, but that's such a boring answer. In short: soon. There is nothing preventing a siege taking place now, it's just that no one has built a tier 3 city yet. Once that happens you will start seeing battlekeeps pop up, and that means sieging will start soon after.

Page 9. Regarding why we can't get t3 crafting.

Quote:
    That is correct, there is a bug that prevents you from building a tier three city right now. However, I just talked to the designer working on this and the fix for this should be in the next patch or the one after that.

No promises, but that's what we aim for.

Page 11. Has a picture of ranger epic tier gear. Quite sexy picture.

Quote:
    Do you want fries with that?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/attachm...1&d=1213196326

Page 14. Regarding how life is at Funcom.

Quote:
    There are over one hundred thousand posts every week on the forum, and our community team is unfortunately extremely overworked just maintaining it. They too answer questions and talk to you all, but the unfortunate fact is that it's not nearly enough due to the very high number of people here.

I do not work with community, but I do check the forums from time to time and I quite enjoy communication with you when I can. However, my job is also extremely busy so I can really only do it once in a while -- and I will!

Now, our aim is to have one large announcement every month (newsletter, basically) where we tell you about what is going to happen in the future. We will also try and answer some questions on a weekly basis once we get settled a bit and this first month after launch is over.

Trust me -- we really want to keep you as close as we can!

Page 14. Will Orion marry you?

Quote:
    If you're hot. And female.

Page 16. Answers the following questions.

1: Do you plain to implement a "Jail system" to AoC.

2: Can you give us any details on the specifics of the PvP system and what it entails?

3: Is crafting going to be revamped?

4: Are Feat problems being worked on?

5: Will quests be added for 60 - 80 level range?

6: Can I have candy?

Quote:
    1. There are no plans for a jail system.

2. No, this will be revealed on Friday.

3. We will be enhancing it, yes.

4. We are working on all problems.

5. Yes, actually quite soon.

6. Age of Conan is candy.

Page 19. Orion answers the following.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by frogs99
    1. Hmmm..the jail system for high levels repeatly ganking grey players was announced before and the subject of much debate here on the boards. Will another system be taking its place eventually?

2. LordOrion - For some reason your posts here are not showing up in the dev-tracker. Any way you could yell at someone there so you get added to list of people who's posts show up in the Dev Tracker and get the mighty "FC" Icon added to treads you start / post in?? You are sharing great info and it would make it much easier for players to find if it showed up in dev-tracker & had the FC icon on the thread.

Quote:
    1. Yes, there is a system taking its place. Keep you eyes open for more info very soon on that. VERY soon.

2. I hope they fix that soon.

Page 20. Will female toons get sexy armor?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by msbunny2u
    Originally Posted by msbunny2u
    Scuse me, Mister Funcom Product Manager,

do you have a second to answer a question for me, please.

Alls I wanna know is *giggle
    Can we expect *giggle
    Well can we have some sexier armor for female characters *giggle
    sometime soon *teehee

Quote:
    ... yes. :-)

And now I'm off!
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 177

Exerience Points : 145803
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

LordOrion Speaks about some changes Empty Re: LordOrion Speaks about some changes

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am

Yay for "soon!". Blizzard has taught them well. Very Happy

Seriously though, cool to see they are addressing everything, cannot wait to see the results.

Kaza
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146015
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 am

see this is what we need, carrots and sticks, not blinders

this is enough info to keep me going for months or till i eat the carrot Smile
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am

evilash wrote:see this is what we need, carrots and sticks, not blinders

this is enough info to keep me going for months or till i eat the carrot Smile

as long as they arent cooked carrots, much better raw.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146071
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:34 am

The problem is that there are known knowns, and there and known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns: things we don't know that we don't know.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:40 am

Dao Jones wrote:The problem is that there are known knowns, and there and known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns: things we don't know that we don't know.

Oh gods, the consultant firm for one of our weeklong trainings said something almost identical to that.

"You know what you know. You know what you don't know. But you don't know what you don't know. So therefor ask others if they know what you don't know."

I almost died laughing.

Kaza
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am

That's a quote from Donald Rumsfeld. And as a consultant myself, I would eat razor blades before I ever seriously said that to a client.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Dao Jones wrote:That's a quote from Donald Rumsfeld. And as a consultant myself, I would eat razor blades before I ever seriously said that to a client.

Yeah the consultant who fed us this garbage was quickly dispatched after the "annonymous reviews" went out. We have a nice new consultant that has this "experience" thing, so we like him better. (^_^)

Kaza
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male

Post by Dantos Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Kazadun wrote:
    Dao Jones wrote:The problem is that there are known knowns, and there and known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns: things we don't know that we don't know.

Oh gods, the consultant firm for one of our weeklong trainings said something almost identical to that.

"You know what you know. You know what you don't know. But you don't know what you don't know. So therefor ask others if they know what you don't know."

I almost died laughing.

Kaza

Question. How could you ask someone about something you dont know if you dont know what you dont know? unless its one of the known unknowns and then you can usually find it out for yourself.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Dantos wrote:Question. How could you ask someone about something you dont know if you dont know what you dont know? unless its one of the known unknowns and then you can usually find it out for yourself.
    That would be a case of "idiot consultant trying to sound smarter than he is". I hope this guy isn't developing core business strategy for you guys....
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:41 pm

No, he was trying to coach us on finding diversity suppliers to better flesh out our Minority and Woman owned businesses. Which is rather hilarious since some areas like Blood, Pharmacy, Capitol Equipment have no chance of such things. The ones that do, Services, Maitenance, etc... normally have diversity databases online anyways. It seemed really goofy and as such he was dumped along with his firm shotrly after.

Yay for brutal reviews!

Kaza
    Tethis
    Tethis
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 220

Exerience Points : 145856
    Registration date : 2008-04-28

Post by Tethis Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Good stuff, thanks for posting this. I love a Dev with a sense of humor.

Tethis
    Jester of Mitra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm