Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

4 posters

Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity

Ghalandria
    Ghalandria
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 153

Exerience Points : 145528
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity Empty Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity

Post by Ghalandria Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity Hoferu10

Alright since the patch on Tuesday I cannot play the game with any stability. Let me post a sample picture of just 1 issue of what is happening to me...

*notice: the leafing on the character, the sky, the toolbar icons, the face tattoo is jacked up, the texture issue above toolbar, and stop staring at the tits... *

-

The computer also does this now when playing-

1. Complete freeze
    Control-alt-delete takes me to windows, where I then click back onto the AoC program at bottom. When I re-enter the game I can play for a few minutes before I have to control-alt-delete again.

2. Complete freeze + added bonus of blue screen
    As of above but crashes to a blue screen with a bunch of numbers/characters for half a sec, then computer shuts down.
    Upon reloading windows acts normally.

3. When I select low settings and click apply the screen goes black. I loose all graphics but I am still in game. I click on high settings and it all comes back.

What I have done -
    Disk Defrag
    Clean Disk
    Verify/repair with no issues found.

Computer specs -
    E4400 dual core @ 2.00
    DDR2 4 gigs Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt
    Windows XP

So you all going to tell me to go get a better PC? Anyone else getting any of this at all?
    Zphinnx
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 71
    Exerience Points : 145275
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity Empty Re: Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity

Post by Zphinnx Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 pm

It seems odd, but I would reinstall the entire game. It could well be that some local file is messing you up and there might be no fix. However, before you do anything I would /petition or send in a ticket. Your Problem would drive me nuts, but there is always a way out.
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 145375
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity Empty Re: Ok so I think I know the final answer- But here is my question- Warning Nudity

Post by Guerre Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 am

This is an old fix, so may not work for your new issue, but have you selected high graphics, turn off all shadows, and select Shader 2.0. Also, just another thought, I have only ever had one problem and it caused the BSOD and apparently it had something to do with having an AMD board and it was only ever fixed by the next patch. So, you may be in for a wait until the next patch if a reinstall does not fix you. Also, as always make sure your drivers are up to date.
    Andond
    Andond
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 63
    Exerience Points : 145425
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by Andond Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 am

Guerre wrote:This is an old fix, so may not work for your new issue, but have you selected high graphics, turn off all shadows, and select Shader 2.0.

I found that after yesterday's patch I had to redo this, it seems the patch brought me back to the default "high" settings.
    Ghalandria
    Ghalandria
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Ghalandria Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:09 am

Do I need to update motherboard drivers too? I know my graphic card drivers are up to date.
    Guerre
    Guerre
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 134
    Exerience Points : 145375
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Guerre Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 pm

I think 90% of the time it's your graphics driver that needs updating, but if you are having to do that you might as well get your sound card and mobo drivers up to date too.
    Ghalandria
    Ghalandria
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Ghalandria Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Guerre,

It seem to be working now...?? But like you said I am running on high with shader 2.0. Hopefully this patch today will stabilize me a bit more.

-case closed-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am