Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+37
Gaiseric
Boomslang
hsalive
lorddom22
Lucian
Kazadun
Roca
canthar
Dantos
Probie
number_6
Taltos
Virgil
Kedicyn
Lemartes
Trained
EvilDream
Wolfbreath
Brandonius
Zendaria
Cherek Stoneshoulders
Stigma
PsychoDave
Zeh
Orko
Rastas
Killer_Shark
Wrothgar
Firestarter
Dragon
Lorahand
Guerre
Rhuu
Trinity
Severnie
Rhock
Brakkish
41 posters

Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall?

Poll

Trying Warhammer?

[ 60 ]
    Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 40 ]
    Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [40%] 

Total Votes: 100
    Lemartes
    Lemartes
    Forum Camper Elite
    Forum Camper Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 438

Exerience Points : 145606
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall?

Post by Lemartes Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:44 am

Got the CE edition ordered and i think mystic did a great job with pvp in daoc...before the nerfs began, but hopefully they will learn from there mistakes. Love aoc and hopefully things will get better in acouple of months. But I have to try war out.
    Kedicyn
    Kedicyn
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Number of posts : 14
    Exerience Points : 144725
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's going to sample Warhammer when it comes out this fall?

Post by Kedicyn Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:00 am

Not a chance in life for me to try it really.

I been in closed beta since well the closed beta started for Eu servers and in my honest opinion the game blows.

some people on vent know why I think this but let me state again that this is MY opinion alone so go try and see for your self.

I like some other played and loved Daoc and Mythic for making that game, and as such I was sooo hoping for WAR to be basicaly Daoc 2.

With all that said I also love Warhammer so it was Great news :-) as a matter of fact so great that I did not even once think about playing AoC or even read about cause hey what use WAR is comming.

Anyways I got my beta acc and I played and the first 2 days it was okay then I started to get of my Fanboy side and look at the game.

And in my honest Opinion the game is really really REALLY bad, the combat is slow and boring the animation of the combat styles/combos are dull, and PvP was a joke where, given only around lvl 13, you need 2 people to attack a person to take them down before you get bored of trying and move away.

Also the graphics are even worse then what WoW looks like, with this I mean well...cartoony Warhammer styles yes but so badly animated that it looks like a bad oilpainting. I was hoping the graphic was only cause it was the very first closed beta but even as they started the new closed beta a couple of months ago I think it was, it still looks just as bad and no way to change your settings really.

Anyways I won't be going and that is what I am sticking with for now atleast ;-) as all things can change at a whim but for now I don't have any plans to go as do all my friends from other games and rl friends after trying my beta acc.

but as stated try for your self you might end up loving it more then life it self ;-)
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 144731
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 am

The game just isnt for me. Unless it turns out to be the 2nd coming I just dont see myself jumping on that train. AoC is the perfect mix for me right now, while buggy, its just a great game that I can always hop on and get something done.

I dont need another WoW in my life.
    Taltos
    Taltos
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 257

Exerience Points : 145640

Post by Taltos Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:11 am

Rhuu wrote:Negative, AoC is a nice sword and spell genre for me.

Though I have been keeping my eye on Champions Online, looking like a good Super Hero genre style MMO.

Didnt even know there was another Super hero game in the mix after the Marvel Online dropped...Nice
    number_6
    number_6
    Grunt

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Exerience Points : 144350
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by number_6 Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 am

I'm enough of a geek to play tabletop WH (both FB and 40K) so I'm hooked into at least give it a shot.
    Probie
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Exerience Points : 145450
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by Probie Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 am

I have the CE pre-ordered, BUT I'll try the open beta and a free trial from one of my many friends before I open my CE when it gets here. If I don't like it well enough to subscribe then I'll eBay it.

Really loving AoC though, even with the issues. Hell if I can stick with a "paying" beta for a year because I liked it, then I can stick with AoC because I like this more.

The crafting in AoC is what has me concerned currently. I'm a crafting whore, and if I can't get my crafting in I might have to re-subscribe to VG or FFXI. WoW crafting was just too easy... Didn't really care for it.
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 145625

Post by Dantos Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:38 am

Ill try it out. I usually try out all MMOs, with few exceptions. One being Lineage2 which i did beta test but didnt like. I even tried out auto assault and tabula rasa. Man what does it take to get a decent Scifi MMO? AO was the first and only one i enjoyed. Eve just wasnt my thing and i tried it like 4 years after it came out so the curve was in another country all together.
    canthar
    canthar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 218
    Exerience Points : 144928
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by canthar Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 am

Will not be playing WAR as it stands right now. This is in the open forum, so will simply say I've played enough of it to date.
    Roca
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 246
    Exerience Points : 145428
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Roca Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm going to give it a shot. I'm in the closed beta and for what it is, it's not bad. Shadowclan is planning on playing it, and I loved playing in Shadowclan in the WoW and LotRO days. Mythic sold me on their designs for RvR (with DAoC) and it actually makes pvp meaningful. I hate pvp"minigames" and the crapfest that is WoW pvp.

AoC is still my MMO of choice though....I'll be playing this for a long time. Cimmerians RULE!
    canthar
    canthar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male

Post by canthar Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Man I havent interacted with Shadowclan since UO.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 177

Exerience Points : 145253
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Kazadun Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:17 am

Brakkish wrote:Doing some research, and wondering who'll be trying out Warhammer when it comes out later this fall?

I'm still currently playing Warhammer, T3 Squig Hunter right now. I've also maxed out a Chosen, Witch Elf, Shadow Hunter and Ironbreaker thus far in the respective focus tests. Unless they make some very serious and involved changes I will not be spending money on the end product.

Kaza No
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 146
    Exerience Points : 144900
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by Lucian Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Kazadun wrote:Unless they make some very serious and involved changes I will not be spending money on the end product.

Kaza No

hey kaza, do you think you could elaborate a bit as to why? i am just curious because I play Warhammer tabletop (have for many years) and was kinda stoked about trying it. I would really like to get opinions from someone who actually has though!

Thanks in advance.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Lucian wrote:
    Kazadun wrote:Unless they make some very serious and involved changes I will not be spending money on the end product.

Kaza No

hey kaza, do you think you could elaborate a bit as to why? i am just curious because I play Warhammer tabletop (have for many years) and was kinda stoked about trying it. I would really like to get opinions from someone who actually has though!

Thanks in advance.

Nice, I was an Outrider in my college days for Games Worksop as well. Used to love playing the table top and still occasionally get together with the Yahoo! folks and play, but very rarely.

There are so many reasons...

#1 The game is on rails, there is no variation or exploration. Every map has good on one side, evil on the other and RvR in between.

#2 RvR is beyond imbalanced and crappy right now. The list is just too much for me to type out right now. Lets just say that they have had to turn off the RvR mini-games just to get us to do world RvR at all.

#3 World RvR is all about the NPCs, there is nothing else. The average kill time is 4-5 seconds and if your melee your wasting your time. All of the healing classes, even the "hybrids" are nothing more then heal bots. In fact DaoC healers were actually more interesting, these are just a waste of time right now.

#4 There is no actual variation between the classes, most everything is taken directly from WoW. Even my Witch Elf builds up combo points and uses them with abilities almost identical to a WoW Rogue. My Squig Hunter is identical to a Shadow Warrior. Same bow attacks, same talents, except instead of shooting a sticky arrow I get a sticky Squig. The list goes on, right now the game is botched and the graphics are less then WoW's.

I still play with my very ancient EQ guild at least once a week in WAR so we can test and give feedback, but the game as it stands is just horrid. We have played several times with developers even and the results are the same.

On a different note, the game will be very easy and pointed towards your much younger crowd. The deevlopers have openly embraced and admitted to this on the beta forums. So do not expect anything truely in depth, just expect it to be fun for the 13yr old down the street.

cussing PS - RvR has no point, especially with the tremendous build up times to get a city raid going. Since there are only 2 sides one will always have a higher population and dominate every time. Woopie. As for the RvR abilities and talents, very lack luster and beyond cookie cutter. There are a variety but only one true path if you want to compete.

I'm done ranting.. just makes me happier each time I play AoC. Rant

Kaza

Edit - Oh one last thing, you think armors in this game suck or dont have enough variation? Try WAR and you'll be begging for AoC armor, every class has this "theme" going so you never look different and every person your level looks identical. Once again this is to make it easier for kids and new players, bleh. No
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Lucian Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Wow, this makes me very sad Crying or Very sad . I do really appreciate the honest feedback, I am just sorry the game is really that bad right now. I do truly hope they fix it. i fully expected people to go "OMG it's a WOW clone!" because frankly most of the WOW stuff was ripped off from Warhammer lore, but to hear that the mechanics are the same really stinks. Your other criticisms also give me a low expectation for this game now.

It really is too bad, because the potential was huge. if it does really flop I hope it doesn't convince them to scrap plans for a 40K MMO. I really want to try that. Sci-fi is a great break from fantasy.

Once again thanks for the honest information and I hope that they take to heart some of these issues since if you are pointing them out I am sure you aren't alone.

On a side note I know someone in the guild was mentioning having a spare beta key and if they still do I would be interested in it. I'd like to tool around on the game for a bit just to see. At this point I am considering scrapping my pre-order... Rolling Eyes
    lorddom22
    lorddom22
    Grunt

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Exerience Points : 144425
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by lorddom22 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:39 pm

I already have the CE preordered and I am enjoying the beta quite a bit. I have to say I don't really agree with all your assessments Kaza. I don't have the time to flesh out a full post on it yet. But I will do what I can without breaking the NDA.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 145465

Post by hsalive Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:52 pm

for me, the worse it is the better because that means more of you will come back if you ever intended on leaving in the first place

i just hope there is something good (aoc) to come back to Smile

i'm sure they will get alot of fixes in between now and then and possibly push it back a few months a few times and it will be a nice finished product it is after all what i consider a part of "the next generation MMO" of which i hold conan to be the first of many.

but, aoc is my horse (six month sub cycle after all) so it is in my interest for its competitors do not do as well

plus do you really want to play with all those kids again? (no offense anyone in the guild under 18 - by kids i meant a level of maturity not age)

also bear in mind this comes from a one mmo at a time kinda guy and i played gw for 2 years or more (from its release till aoc came out). So i dont understand the need or desire to sample every mmo out there, but to each his own.
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Lucian wrote:Wow, this makes me very sad Crying or Very sad . I do really appreciate the honest feedback, I am just sorry the game is really that bad right now. I do truly hope they fix it. i fully expected people to go "OMG it's a WOW clone!" because frankly most of the WOW stuff was ripped off from Warhammer lore, but to hear that the mechanics are the same really stinks. Your other criticisms also give me a low expectation for this game now.

It really is too bad, because the potential was huge. if it does really flop I hope it doesn't convince them to scrap plans for a 40K MMO. I really want to try that. Sci-fi is a great break from fantasy.

Once again thanks for the honest information and I hope that they take to heart some of these issues since if you are pointing them out I am sure you aren't alone.

On a side note I know someone in the guild was mentioning having a spare beta key and if they still do I would be interested in it. I'd like to tool around on the game for a bit just to see. At this point I am considering scrapping my pre-order... Rolling Eyes

Your welcome and I'd be happy to elaborate on anything else you ask directly. For now the game is very underwhelming, but it will be great for the youngsters.

As for braeking anything on beta, yeah... like you cannot just read these things at Beta Leaks or a dozen other sites. No offense but I have done beta for multiple games now with my old Yahoo! peers and currently WAR is not up to par. I called it really well on Hellgate and Tabula Rasa, I can only hope I'm wrong about WAR. For now we will continue to push feedback and see what comes.

Kaza
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Lucian Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm

I don't know that I was planning to switch, and frankly if it wasn't Warhammer I probably wouldn't have much interest in trying it. Much as I didn't try Vanguard, Guildwars, FF XI etc. They just didn't have much appeal. Th efact that I have been playing GW games for more than 15 years though makes me want to see what they've done with it.

While none of us can predict the future, I don't really have any plans to leave AoC.

I do have to say though as much as they may be marketing AoC to an older crowd it still has more than its fair share of immature kids, many of whom are over the age of 21 Wink

Also admittedly the thought of playing a goblin with a vicious squig for a pet would make me smile. Twisted Evil
    canthar
    canthar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male

Post by canthar Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:51 pm

I can concur with Kaza, I've been testing WAR since they started closed beta. Feels like forever ago now.
    Boomslang
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145725
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

Post by Boomslang Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 pm

I came across this video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3689137309221517979&q=warhammer+vs+conan&ei=MAdPSLeNGJzA4AKyvbGzDA&hl=en

If the graphics and gameplay in WAR are truely like this, then NO THANK YOU! I honestly thought I was watching a WoW video at first. Can anyone confirm that is how WAR is?

I have been reading up on the sieges in WAR, and they seem like they are doing the same thing Conan did. 48 vs 48. To me, this is not truely RvR, like DAOC used to be. The giant 200+ battles were absolutely amazing. The downfall to RvR though, is there will always be an unbalance with one of the factions (ie Horde vs Alliance, or Albion vs Midgard vs Hibernia). Someone will always be the underdog and that will be the tough thing to balance. I played DAOC up till they consolidated the servers. Albion (on most of the servers) was just too big of a power house and the other factions could not compete...so they quit PvPing Sad
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 144806
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Wrothgar Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:50 am

The video of AoC vs. WAR was not very pleasing. I will admit that at first I did not intend to even try AoC. I hadn't read much about it because I wanted to read more and more about WAR and RvR. I then deicded to take a look at AoC and learned a lot that I really started looking forward to. My former PotBS guild leader (Rhodar) sort of convinced me to give AoC a try and I love the game. I'm the kind of person who understands that a new game will have problems and to get the benefit you need to stick with it and give it time. I'm still looking forward to WAR and hoping that gameplay will not look that bad. The funny thing was the AoC gameplay looked really boring in that video too. The graphics looked much better but they picked a horrible video to display gameplay. Maybe they picked a horrible video from the WAR Beta. I don't know.

I'm not planning on leaving AoC for WAR but I will test WAR out. I have already bought the CE and will at least give it a chance. I think I will be able to play a little WAR and still play AoC together. If WAR and their RvR don't pan out fairly quickly then I will probably leave it alone, at least for awhile.

Now if any of the rumors are remotely true and Blizzard makes a new MMO geared towards Diablo, I will definately give that one a very serious look. Here's to dreams and Blizzard most likely not fulfilling them. If they make a WoW 2 I may just forsake Blizzard games altogether.
    Gaiseric
    Gaiseric
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Number of posts : 18
    Exerience Points : 144300
    Registration date : 2008-06-08

Post by Gaiseric Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 am

Though I've played the tabletop version of Warhammer for over ten years, PvP is not my thing whereas great graphics are. AoC will be where I park my barbarian self...

My prediction is that the PvP in Warhammer will be amazing and that a lot of the PvP junkies from WoW will migrate...
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Lucian Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:10 am

Gaiseric wrote:My prediction is that the PvP in Warhammer will be amazing and that a lot of the PvP junkies from WoW will migrate...

I hadn't even thought of that. Wow my desire to play it has dropped even more now. Not to mention the video Shadow posted was...enlightening.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 145465

Post by hsalive Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 am

Shadow wrote:I I played DAOC up till they consolidated the servers. Albion (on most of the servers) was just too big of a power house and the other factions could not compete...so they quit PvPing Sad

we as a clan must have the responsibility to not let this happen to us
    Kazadun
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male

Post by Kazadun Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 am

Shadow wrote:I came across this video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3689137309221517979&q=warhammer+vs+conan&ei=MAdPSLeNGJzA4AKyvbGzDA&hl=en

If the graphics and gameplay in WAR are truely like this, then NO THANK YOU! I honestly thought I was watching a WoW video at first. Can anyone confirm that is how WAR is?

I have been reading up on the sieges in WAR, and they seem like they are doing the same thing Conan did. 48 vs 48. To me, this is not truely RvR, like DAOC used to be. The giant 200+ battles were absolutely amazing. The downfall to RvR though, is there will always be an unbalance with one of the factions (ie Horde vs Alliance, or Albion vs Midgard vs Hibernia). Someone will always be the underdog and that will be the tough thing to balance. I played DAOC up till they consolidated the servers. Albion (on most of the servers) was just too big of a power house and the other factions could not compete...so they quit PvPing Sad

While that video is from the first Dwarves Vs Greenskins build, the graphics have not changed much. As a lot of us in beta jokingly say, we look just like the tabletop miniatures. Meaning that our animations are not very fast paced, fluid and every time you stop you pose the exact same way.

There was one or two focus tests where the lighting and such was turned on Chaos Vs Empire if memory serves me. Sadly it was still sub-par to WoWs graphics. Some of the armors later in the game are neat, although it's still really cool armor on a fat drunkard trying to pose as a Chaos Maurader.

Currently the game and it's PvP suck. My Black Orc still uses Clobber, his level 1 skill the majority of the time. The same goes with most every other class, the combat is fast paced and slow... if that makes sense. To everyone wishing this was grand PvP... sorry it's not. Until something changes, like the game as a whole. WAR = Hello Kitty Realm Vs Realm Adventures!

Kaza

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am