Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

Hockey...

Dwimm
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Exerience Points : 84525
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Hockey...

Post by Dwimm on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 am

I've been a sports fan since I was about 8 years old, and a hockey fan since I was about 10... So, I was up way late watching the Red Wings game last night, and I have to say that it was probably the worst officiated game of which I have ever been privy too... I've been a player, a coach, and a ref in many sports over the years... and all I can say is, if that wasn't a blatant robbery, I'm Scrooge McDuck! The only call they got right all night was the last one for high sticking, and unfortunately that's the one that cost the Wings the game... If the Wings lose this series, I will NOT be watching any more hockey for a long, long time...

/rant off Razz
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1093

Hammerfist games : LOTRO and Darkfall
    Exerience Points : 85145
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Re: Hockey...

Post by Lorahand on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:15 am

I agree man, its like the refs were there for the Pen's last night. Goalie Interference my ass. They deff got the last call right, though. And when I saw the 4min penalty I knew that it was over, at that point both teams were out of steam.

Hopefully the Wings can pull off the win Thursday, although I would love to see them win in game 7 at home.

On a side note you must admit that Fleury played one hell of a game goaltending....

Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 84700
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Rhuu on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am

I saw bits of the game while I was playing AoC, but I have to say that after my Sharks lost in that long ass 3rd OT, I zoned out of it for a while. Though I am hoping that the Red Wings win over the Penguins. Wink
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 am

I grew up in the Detroit area, so I will always be a Wing's fan no matter where I live. And sucks for me too, cause I live in Indianapolis and the only time I could watch the wings this year is in the last round of the playoff's.

Rhuu
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 340

Exerience Points : 84700
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Rhuu on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 pm

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

This site lets you watch tv online, and its how I was able to watch my Sharks when they were playing in Canada and not being televised here. =)
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:30 pm

I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight... thanks for the info... now maybe I can watch my Detroit Tigers blow this whole season too... lol

Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 84603
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:42 pm

The Tigers?!?! /palm face

I'm sorry, I feel your pain. Shocked
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:48 pm

rofl

Now if we were talking about the Lion's thats a whole different ballgame... LOL. Thats just a hopeless tragedy right there... Sleep

Liathan
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 37
    Exerience Points : 84450
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Liathan on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:04 pm

I stoped watching after MN handed the series to CO.
    Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 84603
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:12 pm

OMG the freakin Lions!! I have high hopes for them every year, and they start out good, then "flush" WTH?!?!? I even had some lions players on my fantasy league last year. RAWR

Hey you know what? I'm going to make a new thread about that very thing, see if anybody wants to join in a Hammerfist fantasy football league.

Last edited by Terrastorm on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cyric
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 126
    Exerience Points : 85050
    Registration date : 2008-04-26

Post by Cyric on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Goaltending wins cups thats for sure, and everyone on the pens should be kissing his ass, not once but twice. Once for winning the game for them and twice for not slashing them all in the ankles for being so stupid about it.

Ive been saying since the beginning pens in 7, but even if detroit does win, they still deserve it, thats some beautiful hockey they play. It's sad thier fans dont support them during the regular season.
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by Lorahand on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:53 pm

Wait you just said Detroit Fans don't support them? LOL. Have you ever been to a Detroit game? They don't call Detroit hockeytown for nothing... We have some of the most loyal fans, hell we even still fill up the stadium for the Lion's even though everyone knows they are not going to be good. We are the fans that stood by the Tigers during their big slump, and we always stand by the Wings, even after being top in the regular season and losing in the first rounds of the playoff's the past few years. We are very supportive of ALL Detroit teams, good or bad.

Cyric
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 126
    Exerience Points : 85050
    Registration date : 2008-04-26

Post by Cyric on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 am

seems strange that every detroit game i see regular season theres an ass ton of empty seats, not that I see alot of them, but everytime just seems like the rink is half empty
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 84481
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Wrothgar on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:02 am

I was almost a Pen fan. When they were gonna come to KC. How depressing that they stayed where they are. We might get the Predators though and I'll become their fan. Already have the money saved up for season tickets. Gonna be awesome. If you're wondering why I would suddenly become a fan of a team that moved to my area, it's because I've never been a huge hockey fan. Only a casual fan and I never picked a team to really cheer for. I was a Brett Hull fan for awhile but then I fell away from hockey. It was never on T.V. Now I have the versus channel and they show it.

Side note there is an Exhibition game scheduled for like Sept. 9 in KC. The Kings and Blues if anyone is interested. Tickets are like $10. Will be a good time.
    Dwimm
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Exerience Points : 84525
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by Dwimm on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:45 am

I get caught up doign work stuff, and I miss an excellent conversation!!! Very Happy

Those empty seats you see are down in the club level, which are mostly bought by businesses, etc... they give the tickets out to customers or employees... so most nights, they have a good shot of not being filled... plus, they use them as HUGE tax write offs... so it doesn't matter to them if someone is filling the seat or not... Very Happy

Fluery was an animal, and I have to say that he deserved to win, if nothing else... he willed his team to a vicotory... when you make 45+ saves, you are playing "standing on your head"... That's what Guigerre did a few years back, and it seems the Wings always run into "that" goalie... oh well... Tonight, it's gonna be over and we'll all be happy in Detroit! Very Happy

I'd be up for the fantasy football... I, however, jumped the Lions ship long ago, and root for the Chiefs, who might be bad now, but at least there is hope!!! Very Happy

the Tigers will be good once they get their bullpen in order... Rodney and Zumaya coming back in a month or two will do wonders... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:17 am