Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+3
Louchar
Probie
hsalive
7 posters

Mute NPC's?

hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 145490
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Mute NPC's? Empty Mute NPC's?

Post by hsalive Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 am

beyond Tortage the general quest npc's are mute, is this normal or is there a way i can get their voices going again.
    Probie
    Moderate Poster
    Moderate Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Exerience Points : 145475

Mute NPC's? Empty Re: Mute NPC's?

Post by Probie Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 am

From what I came across in closed beta this was the norm. I hope they change this and add the voice overs to all NPC's sooner or later. One aspect I really like of this game, kind of brings me into it.
    Louchar
    Louchar
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145000
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Louchar Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 am

Agreed. I miss the voices. I mean why have them on Tortage at all if you are going to remove them fromt he rest of the game? Why get you used to something just to take it away? This is the one topic that I'm a bit sore about.
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 145650
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Dantos Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 am

Louchar wrote:Agreed. I miss the voices. I mean why have them on Tortage at all if you are going to remove them fromt he rest of the game? Why get you used to something just to take it away? This is the one topic that I'm a bit sore about.

I do agree it sucks. I think the tortage ones were more of a hook to get people into the game. Although i cant imagine how big the game folder would be if everyone had voices.
    Lorahand
    Lorahand
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1093
    Mute NPC's? Flag_a14

Hammerfist games : LOTRO and Darkfall
    Exerience Points : 145495
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Lorahand Thu May 22, 2008 9:26 am

There is a post in the tech area of the official forums about this... I can't link it right now cause its blocked for me at work. If I remember right it said under audio options choose "quad" or something, cause from what I hear funcom messed up the channels that the sounds come out of, and supposedly if you turn up the volume really loud you can hear faint voices...

Thats according to the Tech thread, not sure how true it is or even what this "quad" is that they talk of. Wish I could link it
    EvilDream
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 309
    Exerience Points : 145109
    Registration date : 2008-05-07

Post by EvilDream Thu May 22, 2008 9:43 am

The voices were never put in for quests outside tortage. There are only a very very few that have them once you leave the island. The reason for this as stated by the devs is because when they have voice overs its next to impossible for them to change quests. Since they have to re-write the dialogue, send it out to have actors record the voices, get it sent back, imput it, test it, so on so forth.

So they opted to not put it in after tortage for most quests. This isn't a bug, rather a way to make it easier on the dev's for them to change and edit quests as necessary.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Thu May 22, 2008 9:51 am

yeah, makes total sense im just lonely Smile can you get on vent when i game and read the quests to me?
    Edre
    Edre
    Light Poster
    Light Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 82
    Exerience Points : 144850
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Edre Thu May 22, 2008 10:06 am

I might be out of the norm but I actually prefer to read. It always seemed like the voice actors took foooreeever.

Interestingly enough the majority of the AoC quest lore is actually constructed very well. Many are like reading a novel.

For example, the man in Stygia who asked me to find a missing friend only to realize he became a sacrifice to Set. (Complete with bloated snake and protruding, grasping, hand from the snakes mouth.) I returned with the bad news only to have the guy become ecstatic that his friend was so greatly honored as a sacrifice.
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male

Post by hsalive Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am

like this?
    Edre