Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+19
Thor
Lucian
Bullarky
Cashew
Trained
Cherek Stoneshoulders
Imotaqua
Piwafwi
BogLord
Subutai
Lowry
Voxia
Louchar
Dornie
Zeh
Aymaestro
hsalive
Koda
daeka
23 posters

UI Modding and Related Stuff!

Lucian
    Lucian
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 146
    Exerience Points : 144900
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

UI Modding and Related Stuff! - Page 2 Empty Re: UI Modding and Related Stuff!

Post by Lucian Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 am

Thanks so much for this post guys. I DLed the UI last night and I find I actually have empty space now!

In response to Subatai, I am not sure if you did this or not, but the 1.1 version of this mod is made with smaller buttons. If you go through the second part of the instructions the buttons are small, but if you just follow steps 1-6 they should appear well.

I hope that helps.
    Thor
    Thor
    Feeble Poster
    Feeble Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Exerience Points : 144850
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

UI Modding and Related Stuff! - Page 2 Empty Not a bad custom UI

Post by Thor Fri May 23, 2008 11:01 am

I have been using this UI. Its not too bad. Makes the hotbar you get by pressing Alt show all the time, and it moves the rose to the side, which I like.
    Use at your own risk !! The diff color chat thing doesnt work tho.

http://aoc.curse.com/downloads/details/12722/
    Trained
    Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 144928
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained Fri May 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Piwafwi wrote:Updated screen shot. Got the keybinds where I wanted em and the ui itself @ 75% scaled:

l8r...Piwa Twisted Evil

How did you scale it down? I installed it, and like it ALOT, it's just a little too big for me.
    Piwafwi
    Piwafwi
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Number of posts : 90
    Exerience Points : 145050
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

Post by Piwafwi Fri May 23, 2008 9:34 pm

In the customized folder there's a different XML file listed as Bottombar.SMALL. Erase the other (regular) Bottombar XML file and rename the Bottombar.SMALL to Bottombar and there will be your scaling difference. The read-me file explains it.

l8r...Piwa Twisted Evil
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 209

Exerience Points : 144806
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Wrothgar Tue May 27, 2008 10:28 am

Question: Since they are patching constantly and probably will be for a bit, will you constantly need to update whatever UI you use?

From past experience this is the case. Sometimes they will work from one patch to the next but not always. I just wanted to throw that out there for the people who don't use these custom UI's often and might not realize that. If you're running a custom UI you may have to update or remove the UI to actually play the game. I believe this information is correct but I could (and probably) be wrong.
    daeka
    daeka
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Exerience Points : 144925
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by daeka Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Wrothgar wrote:Question: Since they are patching constantly and probably will be for a bit, will you constantly need to update whatever UI you use?

From past experience this is the case. Sometimes they will work from one patch to the next but not always. I just wanted to throw that out there for the people who don't use these custom UI's often and might not realize that. If you're running a custom UI you may have to update or remove the UI to actually play the game. I believe this information is correct but I could (and probably) be wrong.

Whenever Funcom patches the UI it changes the version number in the XML files. If they're different from the live versions, the files are redownloaded and overwritten. So yes, whenever the UI is updated any custom UI will have to be updated as well.
    Roca
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 246
    Exerience Points : 145428
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Roca Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

I downloaded this mod (Mirage) and gave it a whirl. I was wondering if we have enough xml literate folks, and enough artists to pull off our own custom mod?

Mirage would be great for me if I could only have 2 rows of hotbars. Hell if I could do this, I wouldn't need to make my own. It has to be some sort of xml tag right? Instead of listing 4, maybe 2? I dunno..I only know enough to get me into trouble, not to do anything real constructive. Smile

EDIT: Ok I was checking out the xml for the bottombars, and after reading the ReadMe file, noticed that the two extra bars are labeled Mirage Ui Shortcut Bar #1 and #2 ? Does this sound right? For all of those familiar with it and xml, shouldn't I be able to remove (or comment out) that part of the xml file to get what I am looking for (2 less rows of hotbars)?
    It looks like I might have to change the values in the "layout_borders=" tag as well?
    Roca
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 246
    Exerience Points : 145428
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Roca Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:16 am

For those of you that haven't used the Mirage UI because it took up so much space at the bottom of your screen, he released a new version (1.31) which has a 2 row option instead of 3.
    Zphinnx
    Little Poster
    Little Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 71
    Exerience Points : 144725
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Zphinnx Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Version 1.5 is out and there are all kind of versions 2 bars, 3, 4, 3small, 4small well its up to you what you use. I am using MirageUI version 4small right now until I get my new Monitor with a better resolution to get the 4 Large up and running
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 145521
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Okay. I've never used a UI mod before, and I'm not too bright, so can someone just answer something for me? I need a *very* uncomplicated UI mod. All I want is another skillbar on top of the first, bound to my F1-10 keys. I like everything else as it is. I'd also like to still be able to swap between other skillbars (using Shift 1, 2, 3, etc; like we currently can) so I can jump between my PvP and PvE builds.

Which UI mod should I go with? The Werik UI seems simple, but everyone seems to like Mirage. I just don't want to have to muck with wading through too many customizable options. All I want is the ability to have a second visible skillbar on top of my first for when I weapon swap. (Or to add combos/spells or whatever.) Heck - maybe that's accomplishable with the existing system, and I just haven't figured out how to do it yet.
    Trained
    Trained
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 354

Hammerfist games : Retired AoC
    Exerience Points : 144928
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Trained Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:09 pm

I use this one Dao, it's clean, and simple. Havent had any problems at all with it.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59146

Then, after AOC throws a patch down, I run this so it updates the files to work with the custom UI, unless the maker of the custom UI has released a new version.

http://aoc.curse.com/downloads/details/12783/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am