Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

+7
Stigma
Khalrez
canthar
hsalive
Nulli
Brakkish
Jerole
11 posters

Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED]

Jerole
    Jerole
    Forum Camper
    Forum Camper

Male
    Number of posts : 356

Exerience Points : 145856
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED]

Post by Jerole Sat May 17, 2008 11:45 am

Perhaps add a medal/ribbion for people that donate to the guild for the vent server etc.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148079
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED]

Post by Brakkish Wed May 21, 2008 3:11 pm

There are those who would like to donate, but due to RL situations and current income, cannot afford to do so. I'm not sure equating rewards/medals with real dollars is a good idea. Of course I'd love to hear more feedback on this from the others?
    Nulli
    Common Poster
    Common Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 102
    Exerience Points : 146000
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by Nulli Wed May 21, 2008 3:25 pm

I agree Brakk. I do not want one for giving nor do I want it displayed that I have or have not given. To me something like that divides members that should always find themselves equal in standing with other members.

Last edited by Nulli on Wed May 21, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    hsalive
    hsalive
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Male
    Number of posts : 1479
    Exerience Points : 146015
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by hsalive Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

one medal???? thats rediculous

we need at least 10 medals

1 for the 1$ rubber fingers

all the way up to

the 100$ donation that gets to sit on the rubbeffisted throne

it should change each month based on how much we donate, also can we get a medal for each person we invited into the guild that donates

it could be like a pyramid sch....

yeah nvm Smile

i think i'll just stick with anomininity so that no one will know what kind of a cheepskate i am and brakk can talk about me in afk channel
    canthar
    canthar
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 218
    Exerience Points : 145478
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by canthar Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm

I have to concur that it is probalbly not a good idea as it would sperate people and possibly make those who want to but are realistically unable to donate feel bad/guilty about it.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145678
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Wed May 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah it's probobly best not to have a medal for this one.

The guild policy on medals is that they're just for fun and a cool way to distinguish people who either post a lot on the forums, come up with a great idea, are real funny, ect... But I think this would look more like a badge of merit for those who do donate and a badge of shame for those who cant/dont.
    Stigma
    Forum Royalty
    Forum Royalty

Male
    Number of posts : 607
    Exerience Points : 146071
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Stigma Mon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Wait, I don't get a medal? What the hell did I donate for, then?

Wink
    Dantos
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Exerience Points : 146175
    Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post by Dantos Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 am

i agree with the others, adding a medal for $ isnt that great of an idea. BTW isnt there a guild that has a membership fee? goonsquad or something? (and werent they from EvE?)
    mayl
    mayl
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 55
    Exerience Points : 145400
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by mayl Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 am

Yeah, if you can not donate, that is fine. If you do, no need for a ribbon or anything. We all contribute in our own way...
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145281
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Thu May 29, 2008 11:30 am

I mean while a shiny medal for a $ amount does sound nice.. I have to agree that it just seems like a bad idea. I feel like everyone would just feel obligated to donate so they had their gold star.

In all honesty, if the guild needs money then this would be a good fund raising tactic.
    Khalrez
    Colossal Poster
    Colossal Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 233
    Exerience Points : 145678
    Registration date : 2008-05-05

Post by Khalrez Thu May 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Virgil wrote:
    In all honesty, if the guild needs money then this would be a good fund raising tactic.

Aye, contributions at the cost of morale. Hmm, sounds kinda like a buff I saw on my PoM...
    Virgil
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 173
    Exerience Points : 145281
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Virgil Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Khalrez wrote:
    Aye, contributions at the cost of morale. Hmm, sounds kinda like a buff I saw on my PoM...

Thats exactly what it would be. Not saying its a good idea, just pointing it out.
    Brandonius
    Brandonius
    Forum Noble
    Forum Noble

Male
    Number of posts : 542

Exerience Points : 146062
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Brandonius Thu May 29, 2008 4:17 pm

I don't think that having a medal for donating money is necesarry. It should remain a private affair.
    Brakkish
    Brakkish
    Ascended 3000+

Male
    Number of posts : 3753
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Flag_g10
    Hammerfist games : Currently Ikariam, King's Age
    Exerience Points : 148079
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

Character sheet
    Forum Class: Spambot
    Health:
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Left_bar_bleue1000/1200Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1200)
    Mana:
    Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Left_bar_bleue600/1200Concerning Donations - [RESOLVED] Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1200)

Post by Brakkish Thu May 29, 2008 4:32 pm

I have not seen a follow up post from the OP since this thread was started so:

I think it's safe to lock this one down. Good discussion all. Thumbs Up

We won't be trading $ for badges.

*locked*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 am