Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

3 posters

tech problem with vent...

daeka
    daeka
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Exerience Points : 144925
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

tech problem with vent... Empty tech problem with vent...

Post by daeka Fri May 16, 2008 5:31 pm

So I signed on to vent and actually attempted to talk. Apparently I come through as really staticy and I cant for the life of me figure out why. I tried running a test codec and it comes through clear as day to me. Also tried just recording from my mic and same thing, clear as day. Can anyone think of why I would be staticy to everyone else on vent ? I'm using the x64 client, tried my mic on both sound cards in my computer (the integrated and my Audigy) and also tried a diff mic but apparently its still staticy ... Any ideas ?

-- D
    daeka
    daeka
    Wobbly Poster
    Wobbly Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Exerience Points : 144925
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

tech problem with vent... Empty Re: tech problem with vent...

Post by daeka Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm

blah and of course I post this in the wrong place, if someone could move it to tech that'd be great Razz
    Leoniden
    Leoniden
    Pee Wee Poster
    Pee Wee Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Exerience Points : 145000
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Leoniden Fri May 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Go to vent, click Setup, then lower the outbound to -10. Also make sure you use Direct Sound device for output and input.

I had a similar problem when I first joined so had to turn up normal mic volume and lower the outbound in vent.
    Killer_Shark
    Killer_Shark
    Extensive Poster
    Extensive Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Exerience Points : 145031
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

Post by Killer_Shark Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Somebody else had mentioned they were having problems with the 64 bit client.

If Leoniden's solution doesn't work for you, you might think about using the 32 bit client. I'm still using it with Vista 64 and have not had any issues with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm