Old Hammerfist Clan forums.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please visit www.hammerfistclan.com - you are currently viewing archived forums.

Due to the continual forum screw ups by our hosts over at forumotion.com we're moving to more secure forums. We own our new forums, hosted on our own server. Never again will rely on the incompetence of others when it comes to our community! Please visit this thread here: http://hammerfistclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21829

2 posters

Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st.

Ghalandria
    Ghalandria
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 153

Exerience Points : 145003
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st. Empty Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st.

Post by Ghalandria Fri May 16, 2008 3:15 pm

So I know the mutual fund side of the industry already.

So I decided I wanted to branch out and Invest into the stock market. So 2500 seems like some decent play money for stocks.

I do some research and then buy a few stocks. Most of them are up. A few are up quite a bit. But JRCC James River Coal Company was

already up 147% during the year when I bought it. Now it is past 200%. Man had I dropped 10k into it May first I would be +++ $7136.

But no I bought a measily 10 shares ---- laughable as an investment I know ---- I was just testing and learning the stock program a bit.

A part of me wants to liquidate a bunch of mutual funds so I can invest in stocks. Maybe 60% stocks and 40% mutual funds.
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 144930
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st. Empty Re: Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st.

Post by stratien Mon May 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Energy companies are almost alwasy sure long term bets.

In 99 I bought 100 shares of Dominion Oil(DOM) and it has split twice and I didnt even find out until I found the listing on my old puter I was getting rid of. I had fergotten completely about it. I ended up wit 400 shares and nearly 5k in dividend money. It pays a quarterly average of 50 to 60 60cents per sahre. I have since plowed the 5k plus another 12k back into it and it has gone up to nearly 27 per share now last time I checked . I aint selling since I paid under 20 a share fer it and will get my investment back from the dividned alone soon.
    Ghalandria
    Ghalandria
    Stout Poster
    Stout Poster

Male
    Number of posts : 153

Exerience Points : 145003
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st. Empty Re: Man I wish I had more money to invest - a stockt I bought is up 69% from May 1st.

Post by Ghalandria Mon May 19, 2008 5:19 pm

That's awesome. Even better that you forgot about it and had a pleasant surprise!
    stratien
    stratien
    Extreme Poster
    Extreme Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 271
    Exerience Points : 144930
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by stratien Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 am

Yea tell me about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am